Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 10/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is far too harsh. Any short-term benefits like smoother skin and less shine in the minutes after washing are only temporary solutions to troubled skin. Scrubs are not for regular use on healthy skin. They are damaging, creating micro-tears in the epidermis which will dry out the face and make it rougher and less-even with continued abuse. Oil-free cleansers strip skin of oil and moisture, causing overproduction as soon as the sebaceous glands recover from the shock.

If marketed as a targeted scrub for winter-dry areas of the skin to be followed by a heavy moisturizer and occlusive, or as a body acne scrub 2-3x a week, I might recommend it. But then the value of the product decreases, as much cheaper products can provide the same services.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the bad luck of being acne-prone but allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which many acne scrubs have. I decided to try this because it was benzoyl peroxide free (salicylic acid is the main acne fighter in this) and easy on my wallet.

This is my go-to facial scrub. My face feels so clean after I use it and I feel like it definitely helps keep my acne under control. It doesn't make me break out either. Please note that it does have a bit of a medicinal smell from the salicylic acid.

It also takes away any extra makeup that might be left on my face that I missed with a makeup wipe. Plus, my face isn't allergic to it!

LOVE this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I actually really love this stuff! My face feels oil free and a lot of my acne has been clearing up. I love the tingle my face has afterwards! It feels so clean! I haven't experienced any dry skin as a result of this product which is always a plus.

on 12/21/2013 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this scrub! I was suffering from really bad clogged pores and this has been the only thing that cleared out my pores, helped reduce pimples, and even out my skin texture. I even spent 140 dollars on a clarisonic which didn't work as well as this scrub. it took about a month for my skin to completely transform but I'm so glad I purchased and will definitely be buying again!

on 3/6/2013 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this. Forever looking for a product that just gets rid of ALL ace instead of some, stops here. I have combo skin. My t-zone is especially weird and oily. I also get dry patches if my skin is irritated. It's incredible how long and how clear my face has stayed. Love this! But you might also want to use it with a cleanser. I saw better results used with a cleanser/exfoliater. Good luck! Try this out!

!!EDIT!!: I changed it to 3 lippies because I started to get a ton of breakouts and for some reason my skin suddenly became really oily. This really did nothing for the breakouts or my oily skin. Didn't seem to help at all.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

this stuff is AMAZING!!!! i HAD really bad acne on my forehead, but after switching to this about 2 months ago, this cleared it up!!! im on my 3rd bottle! i origanly used the regular wash, but needed a little somethin extra, and this was it. i have oily skin a this takes the oil away for the day! of course i still have acne scars, but i out a little lemon juice and there starting to lighten up. very pleased. my hg skin care product. the smell isnt that bad either. it smells like a spa to me haha. would reccomend to anyone with comibation/oily-oily skin. dry skinned girls ... id recommend the pink grapefruit cleanser or wash(as the scrub will make ur skin irritated).... works amazing for all my friends who have dry skin. sensitive skin girls.. id recomend the redness cleanser or wash also by neutrogena. really works on my cousin who was super super sensitive skin!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My only complaint about this cleanser is the fact that it doesn't come in a bottle with a pump, for even distribution. Anywayyyyyy.... I had been using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub, which worked great for about two weeks, then I noticed a patch of 5 cystic pimples on my cheek, 3 on my chin, and 2 on my jaw line. I thought, "WTF????!!!!" I've been pretty stressed lately, and figured that may be the cause, and the grapefruit scrub wasn't targeted specifically for stress induced acne. I rushed to Wal-Mart, and even though I read some bad reviews on this product decided to give it a try. I'm happy to say that it cleared every last pimple from my face, and leaves it my skin smooth and glowing. I love the wonderful cucumber scent, and the fact that the scrubbing beads aren't harsh or scratchy on skin. I have oily skin, but this has excellent oil control without overdrying. In this humid Florida weather, it's always a plus to find a cleanser that controls my oil. I really hope this review helps someone that's having crazy breakouts. <3

on 2/13/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tend to use this product off and on when i run out of my other product. It's pretty nice. It leaves a cooling feeling on my cheeks which first was very odd to me. It doesn't do much for my acne and blackheads, but it smells nice and makes my skin feel super soft. I just got to the end of the bottle and theres still appears to be enough for a weeks more use (which for me is every other day) but I can't get the product out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ok...after reading all of these awesome reviews, i really want to try it now^^ i'll update whenever possible :D
2-2-12

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

prior to this product, i was using Lush's dark angel which caused me to have constant pimple (just break out, just one pimple at a time). its pretty annoying considering that i never used to have pimples all the time and this expensive lush scrub was supposed to soak up all the oiliness! anyways i picked this up after giving up on dark angel at the supermarktet for about $13 NZD which is not too bad for a face scrub. the scrub itself is of a minty green colour and is quite creamy.it has a cucumber scent that is not unpleasant. the scrub doesnt sud up (because its creamy) and the scrubby bits in it are pretty gentle. now i do like my scrubs a bit abbrasive so many there could be more scrubby bits in there but the good thing is ever since using this scrub at night i havent gotten many pimples at all, not even at that time of the month.This product is also gonna be pretty long lasting as after 2 month or so of daily usage i still have like 80%of the product and i usually use quite a bit of product while cleansing.