Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 6/24/2012 10:17:00 PM

This really does seem to be helping my acne. I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week in the shower. It feels so tingly and my face feels very clean but not tight or dry after using. It has just the perfect amount of scrubiness to it. Does not burn even though I have somewhat dry and sensitive skin.

on 4/23/2012 7:47:00 PM

Meh, not my favorite. It has a very creamy base, which I guess is a nice alternative to most of the harsh acne solutions out there. But this just wasn't for me. Never felt clean afterwards, and I'm not a fan of cleansers that leave a film on the skin afterward and this definitely does. Do like that it contains glycolic acid though.

on 2/5/2012 4:47:00 AM

this is my acne product of choice! it has salicylic acid, which is why i originally bought it, but it's also really cooling, scrubs really gently (and is good for pretty regular use because of this) and really does clear up your skin! high recomended!

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

on 6/29/2010 12:24:00 AM

I liked this product a lot. I bought it a couple months ago and I'm just running out of it, and I think I'll be buying many more! It doesn't make my skin perfect, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to. It easily gets rid of nasty pimples though. Just last week a mountain appeared on my forehead, and right after I used this it began shrinking. Now I'd really like to get the Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment from the results I got from this. Other scrubs are too harsh for my skin, but this one is creamy and has small, gentle exfoliating beads. Well it actually doesn't exfoliate all that much, but that's okay because it helps so much with my acne. And I really like the scent for some reason, it's smells like cucumber and even kind of mint-y I think which sounds odd but I like it a lot. It smells.. fresh. And it feels fresh!

on 5/13/2010 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I like this scrub better than the other Neutrogena scrub I had used for a while. It tingles nice from the salicylic acid, doesn't dry the face and smells/feels i dunno .. fresh.

UPDATE: i'm pretty sure this is the culprit that has clogged up my face again ... shame, cause I like the tingling feeling and the scrubbies are nice and soft, non-abrasive. If you're not prone to clogged pores and can usually tolerate creamy textures, give 'er a try.

on 12/20/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all these positive reviews, I really really wanted this to work for me. Since going off both Tazorac and birth control, my skin has been breaking out horribly. For the record, I have slightly oily, olive-toned, highly acne-prone skin.

I used this in the shower about three or four times a week till the tube was empty and it did absolutely nothing for the acne on my face.
When I used it on my upper chest area where I get one or two pimples if I don't shower right away after working out, it made me break out much worse. I also felt like it left a residue on my skin.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/3/2009 5:46:00 PM

I absolutely love the smell of this! I just recently got into wearing more makeup and my perfect asian skin started breaking out. This scrub saved me! At first it broke me out more, but after a week or two m y small pimples vanished! The actually "scrubbers" aren't nearly as harsh as st ives and they still leave my face feeling cool and refreshed! The only downside is that the container doesn't get filled to the top and so I run out of this quickly.

on 11/21/2008 7:39:00 PM

I love this prod it really works and 7it doesnt dry out your skin. it also has ingredients in it that help with the redness and calms the skin and its not to harsh of a scrub. i recommend this prod all the time to my friends.