Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a vast amount of products in my lifetime and this is one of the few that actually makes me break out every time I use it. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has a pleasant smell, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought this was working, but then my forehead looked like it was starting to break out so i stopped. Few days later i decided "hmmm my skin started to look better after using this, it probably wasn't breaking me out" Used it for 3 days in a row again and broke out on one side of my cheek with irritated acne. The "tingly" clean feeling is NOT good for your skin, it means your skin is irritated. I thought it was working because it gave my skin a "deep clean" feeling, but it got oily in less than an hour and it also felt like there was a residue left on my skin. I'm throwing this out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry guys but for me at least, this did NOT get rid of any acne. In fact, it made it worse. It felt like there was a residue on my skin and it got oily faster (and it is oily enough already. I got several new pimples and acne drives me out of my mind! In my opinion, it was pooping awful. Not worth a cent. I don't even know why I tried this since I pretty much always go organic. Just proves that is the way to go and I should not have strayed. I am going to try Derma E Vitamin A and Glycolic acid cleanser next. Wish me luck!

on 7/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

this didn't do any effects on my skin, i seriously wasted my money on this product, i've used this product for a long time, it didn't help remove or prevent my acne. it did nothing at all

on 1/23/2011 8:19:00 PM

Over the summer I had been having skin problems, since my skin got more oily and I began to break out more. So I looked for reviews of acne face cleansers and chose this one because of its good reviews.

However, it was awful! At first it seemed fine, but then I realized it was actually making me break out more. The summer ended and I kept using this cleanser and my acne stayed, and just kept getting worse. Finally, I read somewhere that products which are too harsh can actually give you more acne. I switched to a very gentle cleanser and my skin began to get better.

It just seems very counterintuitive that a product which is supposed to make your acne better can actually make it worse! Because then you just keep using even more of the product...

on 8/2/2010 10:32:00 PM

I was super excited about trying this product when I saw all the positive reviews, unfortunately I must be one of the few people who's skin just doesn't agree with this. After cleansing my skin I tried it out, it felt creamy and rich... not very much like a scrub at all and and smell was amazing (like cucumber melon). Sadly when I rinsed it off there were blemishes all over my cheeks, they literally popped right up after using this scrub. I honestly wanted to like this scrub but it just wasn't right for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i use to use this product and it worked for awhile.
but then i got an allergic reaction,
it turned my whole face bright red,
it was sore and i couldn't even open my eyes.
i had to go to the doctors,
it was HORRIBLE!
i was with my boyfriend and best friend at the time,
and was so embarrassed! ( they were sleeping over)
i will never buy this product again.
it is a good product, at first.
but then it was the worst ive ever tried. :/

on 5/26/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It made me break out the next hour. Well, the feel of this scrub is well enough for me to like it, but I don't like bumps and zits all over my face.

on 12/20/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all these positive reviews, I really really wanted this to work for me. Since going off both Tazorac and birth control, my skin has been breaking out horribly. For the record, I have slightly oily, olive-toned, highly acne-prone skin.

I used this in the shower about three or four times a week till the tube was empty and it did absolutely nothing for the acne on my face.
When I used it on my upper chest area where I get one or two pimples if I don't shower right away after working out, it made me break out much worse. I also felt like it left a residue on my skin.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/29/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So so so so disappointed. I read all the reviews on here and thought this product would be perfect for my combo/oily/sensitive skin. At first I thought my breakouts were hormonal because they were on my chin area and it was close to time of the month, but after a month of using this my cysts got worse and worse. :( Too bad!