Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Other
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 8/23/2007 10:13:00 PM

I have been struggling with acne for a while, my t-zone is a battle zone. But I love this product! Its done an amazing job clearing up my skin. It leaves my skin so smooth!

on 10/29/2007 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Downgrading this review. Similar to other drug store acne treatments, this stuff does wonders for the first month or two. Then, bam! Your breakouts return with a vengeance. No matter how much you scrub and scrub, it just doesn't work anymore. You can see my original review below, but beware...the results just don't last.

------

Wow...I really can't believe I'm even writing this review. I have had acne for years and now, in my late 20's, wondering when (or if) I will EVER "grow out of it." Most of my skin is actually very clear, except for my chin and jawline, which I just can't seem to keep from breaking out. The reason I can't believe I'm writing this review is that I am so skeptical about acne prodcuts, especially drug stores brands, because I've tried so many that have been ineffective, or worse, have actually made my skin worse. Buying this product was a total fluke; I was getting my hair done and reading a magazine that proclaimed this product as a must have (on two separate pages no less!). Thinking about the fact that my current dermatologist-perscribed routine was just not working, and considering that I've been battling this same problem for years and tried so many things unsuccessfully (including trying oral antibiotics that I had resisted for years), I decided, what the heck, I'll try this Neutrogena stuff. Well, it's been two weeks, and I'm SO glad I tried it. It's the best thing I could have done for myself. My skin is so soft and it's clearing up more every day. Most importantly, my skin is not getting dried out, even though I haven't cut out any of my regular routine products. even more exciting, it makes my skin just feel good and takes my makeup off so easily, that I actually look forward to wasing my face. After washing, I don't get that tight feeling of dry skin. This is really amazing stuff...If you've tried "everything" out there, including Proactiv, antibiotics, glycolic washes, etc, and are still looking for the right product, do yourself a big favor and try this product.

on 7/5/2008 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its not bad but its not great. The smell is cucumber/fresh. It leaves my skin cool and fresh, but I don't think it has really helped my acne like other products. Its just nice to have something the smells good and feels good on.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I luv this stuff! It makes my face feel so refreshed. My chin breaks out really bad and get's dry and irritated. This scrub seems to make it let dry and itchy. Also, takes away the redeness.

on 2/28/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this face wash. I have fairly oily skin, and once I started using this wash twice a day, I definitely noticed less acne. It smells pretty nice, lathers well, and helps exfoliate with the scrubbing beads.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i use to use this product and it worked for awhile.
but then i got an allergic reaction,
it turned my whole face bright red,
it was sore and i couldn't even open my eyes.
i had to go to the doctors,
it was HORRIBLE!
i was with my boyfriend and best friend at the time,
and was so embarrassed! ( they were sleeping over)
i will never buy this product again.
it is a good product, at first.
but then it was the worst ive ever tried. :/

on 6/29/2010 12:24:00 AM

I liked this product a lot. I bought it a couple months ago and I'm just running out of it, and I think I'll be buying many more! It doesn't make my skin perfect, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to. It easily gets rid of nasty pimples though. Just last week a mountain appeared on my forehead, and right after I used this it began shrinking. Now I'd really like to get the Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment from the results I got from this. Other scrubs are too harsh for my skin, but this one is creamy and has small, gentle exfoliating beads. Well it actually doesn't exfoliate all that much, but that's okay because it helps so much with my acne. And I really like the scent for some reason, it's smells like cucumber and even kind of mint-y I think which sounds odd but I like it a lot. It smells.. fresh. And it feels fresh!

on 4/12/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product contains Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. I don't use this on my face because I find the scrub beads a bit harsh, but I do use this on my back and chest to keep it clear and prevent breakouts. I am also a fan of Panoxyl foaming wash for use on the body and face, but quite frankly, the thought of potentially bleaching my clothes in the morning really bothers me. So I use this product in the morning and I love it. I have been using it for the last 4 years, rotating it with panoxyl at night or other cleansing scrubs. I love it. HOWEVER, that being said, I have noticed that the ingredient listing for this product is almost the same to their Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, which also contains SA and GA. The Oil-free acne daily scrub is also cheaper. I have yet to try that one, but if anyone has tried both and knows the difference, please LMK.

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.