Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by age: 36-43
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

3.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 9/9/2014 12:19:00 AM

Eureka! Someone recommended this a while back, but I always tried to stay away from cream cleansers. I get an occasional pimple, but my biggest problem is junked up pores, enlarged pores and uneven complexion. Keeping them clear has been an uphill battle until now. Immediately, I saw a big improvement in complexion - less redness and my blackheads started disappearing - pores clearing up. I just bought 3 backup bottles... I worry about a discontinue! Also, I have used many neutrogena products. This one far and above outperforms any other "acne" or "soothing" product they make. Love the clean tingling feeling after wash. Try it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I normally gravitate away from Acne products for my hormonal acne and most of products seem to make it worse, but this scrub is without a doubt better than any other drugstore acne control product. I mostly suffer from chronic clogged pores and have been on every acne product known to man including presciptions (Retin-a, Tazorac, duac, Benzaclin, Azelaic acid). I found that as I get older my skin is on the drier side but more clog prone and foaming cleansers actually made me break out even more. since I started using this in rotation with Pan oxyl 4% creamy wash, all my pores have become unclogged including a crop that has been on my left cheek for 3 months. within a week I pretty much stopped breaking out (I had some purging which is good in my case). I use this twice a day and the pan oxyl once a day right after using this scrub (double Cleansing). i scrub this in and leave on for about 3 minutes while in the shower and the plugs start to literally pop out of my face. It makes extractions much easier. I think the Sa/Ga combo in this scrub is the reason it seems to work so well. It's not too harsh but just enough to unclog pores. follow this with gel moisturizer and then 3% Pan oxyl BP my skin is clear as a bell and getting very smooth. I'm very happy to have finally found a drugstore product that works much better than any high end product I have tried. I just bought 2 more of these, one to keep at my BF's and one as a backup. Overall best neutrogana product on the market.

Use this post workout for neck, chest and back. Don't use it on my face but love it for the body.

PROS: Works great for my teens' acne skin. The fact that it's a scrub doesn't affect their skin poorly (cause more irritation to acne) because they use a very light pressure when using.

CONS: There really aren't any except the smell isn't the greatest.

ALTERNATES: The "Rapid Clear" line by Neutrogena or the Natural Acnedote line by Alba Botanica when they need the extra oomph.

on 12/20/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all these positive reviews, I really really wanted this to work for me. Since going off both Tazorac and birth control, my skin has been breaking out horribly. For the record, I have slightly oily, olive-toned, highly acne-prone skin.

I used this in the shower about three or four times a week till the tube was empty and it did absolutely nothing for the acne on my face.
When I used it on my upper chest area where I get one or two pimples if I don't shower right away after working out, it made me break out much worse. I also felt like it left a residue on my skin.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/17/2009 8:15:00 AM

Really like this! Currently I alternate between this scrub (2% sal acid) and the foaming cleanser (.5% sal acid) that way I dont overdue the BHA during the week. Both are very nice products. I had tried the other scrub that neutrogena has without so much luck, it's a bright blue one called Deep Clean or something, but anyway that one had sulphates in it that really dried out my skin. This creamy minty green scrub does not seem to have the sulphates and has just the right amount of little grainies (is that a word? ha) to take off makeup but also exfoliate. My face feels very clean and refreshed. I will update if it begins to dry me out or break me out, but so far the 5 lippies are justified

on 10/8/2008 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I decided to purchase this scrub after my daughter saw a commerecial for it on television and said to me, "Mommy, you should try that. It might help with your spots." I bought it the next day! I've been using it for almost one month and like it alot. It has a nice creamy texture and the scrubbing beads don't feel like they are shredding my skin. I like the fresh scent, the cooling and tingling sensation and most of all I like that I have not broken out. This is my morning cleanser and I will continue to repurchase.
UPDATE: 3 Nov. 08: Since I've been using this scrub my face is looking amazing. It's clear, soft and I'm getting away with just powder on my face. No more concealer and most importantly no breakouts!

on 4/4/2008 11:08:00 PM

I am currently unsure of this product. I just put on my face and it really stung. I did not keep it on very long because my I was afraid my sensitive acne-prone skin would go crazy!

on 3/19/2008 9:53:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product, & purchased it to treat breakout flareups I was having due, in part, to warm weather & oilier-than-usual-skin...but after using it for about a week, it did little to help with existing pimples, and worse, my forehead started to break out in tiny red bumps -- I think it's just too harsh & irritating for my skin.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is kicking a$$ and taking names on my acne. Zits don't stand a chance against this! Next to Accutane, this is the best acne treatment I have ever used, especially when I use this along with the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Hydrating 3-in-1 treatment, which I use morning and night.
The remarkable thing about this is that it DOES NOT DRY OUT MY SKIN. It simply gets rid of the acne. I use this once a day in the shower, massaging into my face, chest and shoulders and letting it sit for about two minutes. This is not really scrubby at all. I think the only reason the scant scrub particles are in there is to encourage the user to rub this into the skin really well. In other words, this is not a friction exfoliator. This is more of an acne treatment. Another sensory bonus is that this tingles the skin lightlly and pleasantly,and smells good, like minty cucumber melon.
Between this and the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Hydrating 3-in-1 treatment, my skin is looking beter than it has in more than a decade. My skin looks so good that I frequently leave the house with nothing but a light dusting of bronzer on my face. That's right - this has freed me from having to wear makeup to look presentable. Holy grail for sure. I got this at CVS for $7.99. continued >>