Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not think you get a lot of product for the price.
This irritated my skin and caused me to breakout more.

On my second tube. After nearly 20 years on Proactiv, I wanted to ween myself off without a breakout disaster. So far the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub has worked well. I switched several months ago and my face has remained relatively clear. The only negative is that it doesn't seem to get all my make-up off, even with the scrubbers. I always have quite a bit of make-up left on my cotton-pad after sweeping my face with toner. I will continue to purchase since this new routine has kept my skin clear.

on 9/23/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am not sure how great it works as a scrub because there are only few little beads in it (I wish there were more beads) so it is not a good exfoliator. However I love the fact that it contains glycolic acid! I think this is a great cleanser for oily, acne-prone skin type. Could be little bit harsh for dry skin.

I have been using this product for several years now. I NEED to have this in my bathroom. I always buy back ups. I have cystic acne and this helps calm down the irritation and redness. It makes my skin so soft and does NOT dry it out. This scrub is so gentle it almost doesn't feel like a scrub.

It smells really nice and light.

I like to gently massage it on my face and leave it on problem areas for a few minutes before rinsing.

I have tried other products but NOTHING has compared to this. Almost anything I use for my face makes me break out, so finding a product that helps my face and calms down the irritation is a great feeling. This wash is a KEEPER!!!

on 9/22/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I recently came crawling back to this scrub. I had used it faithfully for many years, but stopped after I noticed that everything else with salicylic acid in it broke me out. I don't know what's different about this product exactly (perhaps it's the salicylic/glycolic combo that works for me), but my skin really does look better -clearer and smoother - when I use this regularly.

on 3/20/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Another trial on my way to finding the perfect face wash (I now know that it's Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser.) I bought this after seeing the great reviews, and I was sorely disappointed. One thing I'll give is that it does have nice scrubbing power. The granules are not too harsh and not too soft, but it left a nasty film on my face. I thought I needed an acne wash to clean up my blackheads, but it turns out I needed to stop being lazy and wash my makeup off EVERY night without fail. This stuff smells medicinal too. Yuck.

on 11/23/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so I have been looking for a good facial cleanser for a couple of years and especially this year after having some hormonal acne breakouts. This really works well. I'm on my third tube and it has really cleared my skin up!

on 7/25/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Dear MUA, I'm once again writing you a love letter, in review form, about how much I love you! I started looking up salicylic acid products after a nice MUAer helped me with finding some products my oily clog prone skin would get along with. She explained how salicylic acid works and so I thought I'd check it out again. I'd been avoiding salicylic acid for years as for some reason I got it into my head that my skin didn't like it. How could I have been so wrong (?!) especially being an MUAer for eight years and seeing salicylic acid mentioned all over the boards?! Anyway after reading reviews I picked up a tube of this facewash and have been using it nightly as a wash/scrub and as a mask for a week. My skin has been more clear looking, less clogged, plugs coming out easier without much pushing with extractor,and blemishes healing up faster and redness from acne spots/blemishes disappearing overnight. I'm so happy! Not to mention this stuff is under $8! The only drawbacks is that 1.) the scrub particles are too harsh so I have to use this more as a mask and/or lightly swish it around on my face to clean and remove. and 2.) it's drying due to the sa and AHA in it 3.) it's got a noticeable fragrance. Still though the fact that my skin is becoming more manageable is great! Thank you MUA! You've helped me yet again! Giving this a 4 due to the scrub particles and fragrance.

on 7/5/2011 12:55:00 AM

I didn't like the Acne Stress Control lotion so I was skeptical of the face wash. It's great though. It cleans, scrubs gently, rinses off completely, and smells nice. Sometimes I'll leave it on my face until it dries as a kind of mask to really take advantage of the salicylic acid. I even like the packaging. It's a tube that sits up so the product is always being pulled down and ready to go. I will definitely buy this again.

on 4/12/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product contains Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. I don't use this on my face because I find the scrub beads a bit harsh, but I do use this on my back and chest to keep it clear and prevent breakouts. I am also a fan of Panoxyl foaming wash for use on the body and face, but quite frankly, the thought of potentially bleaching my clothes in the morning really bothers me. So I use this product in the morning and I love it. I have been using it for the last 4 years, rotating it with panoxyl at night or other cleansing scrubs. I love it. HOWEVER, that being said, I have noticed that the ingredient listing for this product is almost the same to their Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, which also contains SA and GA. The Oil-free acne daily scrub is also cheaper. I have yet to try that one, but if anyone has tried both and knows the difference, please LMK.