Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 1/25/2015 3:53:00 PM

I've been using this face wash for years now, along with other products that I rotate. I love this because it has salicylic acid which helps with my acne prone skin. It helps clear my skin and I also love that it has a tingling sensation when I use it. Not to mention it has a fresh smelling scent. It has a couple of beads inside that's supposed to help exfoliate, but I really don't think it does. It's just a wonderful product if you have oily, acne prone skin. You can get it any drugstore and it's affordable.

on 5/28/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to have this product several years ago but I ran out and my skin was clear so I didn't repurchase. But after a change in my diet, I started breaking out again. I looked through reviews of different products because I thought that I might as well try something new. But this was rated pretty well & it worked great before so I figured that I might as well repurchase.

Well, I still really like this! It minimized and then eliminated my tiny breakouts in about 2-3 days and after about a week of daily use (evening only), it dried up the big zit that that had been on my face for over a month. I didn't use any other acne treatments, just this scrub.

I'm very happy. And while it won't be my daily cleanser (my skin is usually clear), I will reach for this when I feel a breakout starting to creep up on me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bought this, I really like the texture. I have been suffering from stress related breakouts so I decided to give this a try. I used an Olay makeup removing cloth then hopped in the shower. It was weird because not only did it exfoliate well, the 'tingling' everyone describes really felt more like 'burning' for me! I just chalk that up to my retin-A usage.. So far so good! In 2-3 days my skin stopped breaking out and the lil bumps I had (and one cyst!) are shrinking and one are gone. I use my Olay moisturizer after this to counter any dryness. :)

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.

on 5/29/2011 7:08:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I have ever re-purchased.

I love Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control line anyway, but in deciding what product to use from the line, I chose this one based on a few things:

- It's the winner of the 2007 Allure Beauty Award for best product
- The "microclear" technology that helps "stop breakouts before they start"
- it's a gentle scrub with beads -- not apricot pit pieces or anything else that's harsh
- it's said to help clear up acne and reduce redness.
- it's oil-free.

My skin is not particularly problematic, but it tends towards breakouts, especially when I'm stressed. I use this product twice a day and - WOW- it's like I have new skin. I hope they never discontinue this product -- it is sort of a hidden gem in the aisle of drugstore face wash products. I don't like the cream cleanser (it's counter-part); I much prefer this scrub as I feel it really cleans my skin well. If you leave it on for a minute or two, it acts like a masque and really helps deep-cleanse.

It contains 2% salicylic acid, so it won't dry out skin that is oily-normal.

I won't try any other product from now on - this is my HG cleanser.

on 1/10/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this scrub. I use it in conjunction with the Acne Stress cream wash and I will not use anything else. I discovered them both about a year ago and my skin has been much better since I've started using them. Partly because I believe I'm outgrowing my acne but also because my skin responds very well to glycolic acid. Will continue to use this stuff for a long time.

Wow, this scrub truly delivers. It has quickly become my HG cleanser, and I can't see myself using anything else!
Pros: Really works to combat acne and keep skin clear, is not drying, feels great on the skin!
Cons: None that I have found so far!
Overall, I highly recommend this scrub to those struggling with acne, and even to those who are not. It really keeps my skin looking its best!

on 5/29/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

One of my most tried and true weapons against breakouts!!! This wash is fabulous! I love the fresh scent, I love the gentle scrub, I love clean feeling after!

When I have a breakout or when my skin is starting to look dull, I break this out for maximum results!! It doesn't dry me out, it doesn't agitate my skin and it gets me the results I want!

I wish I'd had this during the years when my acne was at it's worst. Highly recommended!!

on 5/26/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It made me break out the next hour. Well, the feel of this scrub is well enough for me to like it, but I don't like bumps and zits all over my face.

on 5/9/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im not a fan of Neutrogena as most product I buy from them never seems to agree with my skin, but having very good experience with the 3in1 hydrating acne treatment from the same line, I just had to try it. Im so glad I did because it gave good result. I don't particularly like the other neutrogena line, but the acne stress control line are amazing. I have somewhat oily acne prone skin and and this product seem to calm my skin and really fights hard against those pesky blemishes, within 2 days, pimples are smaller,dry and flakes off without leaving any dark marks.I love the way this feels on my face, it has a nice mild cucumber melon like scent,and the beads really helps exfoliate without overdrying my skin. I love using this in the shower the most because I like to leave it on my face for 3 minutes and I love the tingly cooling feeling it gives,and when I wash it off, I can really feel my face super clean. I also use this on my back where im starting to develop bumps and it has done miracles there too, makes my skin smooth and clean. I will definitely be buying this product again...my HG scrub..yayyy=)
UPDATE:Sept/2010
I don't use this product anymore on my face because I barely break out now but I still do use this on my back 3 times a week in the shower and its still amazing=)