Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

I got this as a gift for my Mom, but she leaves it on her dresser so I get to use it a lot, too. I'm more of a citrus rather than floral gal so I love this. It's fresh, sparkling, invigorating and works well with my body chemistry. I don't really adjust my fragrance based on climates/seasons, but I consider this an all-year round scent. Definitely my fave variant out of all the Chanel scents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my signature scent for years. I typically have at least one person a day comment that it smells great or ask what I am wearing. The scent is so unique because it is very light and not overpowering. It is a cooler scent, almost adrogynous but with feminine undertones. Think like a Coolwater type fragrance but sparkling and feminine. The scent does linger throughout the day to the skin but does not stay very strong.

This is a lovely sparkling summer scent. I wish they did a EDP version, as the toilette doesn't last on my skin at all, so I have to reapply during the day. I can't smell it at all on my skin by the end of the day. It lasts longer on clothes.

The price is a bit ridiculous for the quantity of perfume you get.

The packaging is lovely.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was lucky enuff to receive the lotion of this for my early bday gift when my mother had to go thru some airports. I wanted the spray but oh well (will buy it for myself ASAP when I get paid. I will update when I get it). But It sat there for a couple of weeks looking sad coz I'm a B&BW/VS lotion person not these kinds lotions--NOT ungrateful in the least but I was kind of bummed coz I'm like what EDT can I pair this w (that I own) & not lose the fragrance's integrity & identity; I found it believe it or not I have 2 small bottles of CK One on hand from like, Kmart I paid a whole $8 for ea iirc in the little perfume bottle section they got the tiny bottles (comparable to rollerball size but replicated mini bottles the frags are real thou!). I realized in a pinch CK One will do w this lotion as a Lauren LC Conrad kind of a scent. LC has effortless Glam chic I aspire to--Every day girl next door a bit sporty but I'm carrying this lotion in my bag w 1 of my mini CK One's today to see if I get any compliments (I'll be in close quarters in a DR waiting room). I love this! & the CK One hack feel free to exploit that if ur broke like me it seems naturally a choice. I love eau tendre almost got a bottle of THAT (have bodyspray), glad I waited so i can buy this!

Edit 4/20/16: my daddy knew I wanted this so he went ahead & got me a 3.4oz EDT it smells soooo-o good n I'm so happy he got it for me. He's just thoughtful like that. He got me another Dior addict lip glow too I had pink he got me coral :-) I love my daddy!!! Now I can wear this to the DR office today & see if I get any complaints or compliments hahahahaha I wanted the 5oz EDT but they were plum out of it & ALL of the sizes of EDP it's fine coz I have the lotion to layer it with & LC liked the EDT so good enough for me! USD$100 not bad considering 1.7oz is $78 so 3.4oz much better bang for your buck (value) thou I'm not sure that many Chanel shoppers are concerned w value (I am an exception I guess!!), it is a luxury brand after all. Whenever I can get a slice of luxury how the other half lives!! I guess I buy mostly mid end like I have lotsa MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced, stuff like Fiona Stiles/Smashbox/Stila too & a small MU bag filled w Chanel ;-) ok I'm rambling...

TL;DR get this amazing perfume!!!! Even Lauren LC Conrad loves the EDT!

on 3/10/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled a Chanel Chance in a magazine insert and remembered loving it, but I couldn't remember which one. So, I went out and bought samples of the different versions instead of blind buying just in case. Well, I am glad I did because I was sure this was the fragrance I had liked, but in fact I do not like this fragrance AT ALL. The first thing I thought of when I smelled it was lemon scented dish soap. I decided to give it a try anyways to see how it evolved throughout the day, but on me, the lemon notes never disappeared and in fact turned somewhat sour as the day went on. I also noted it had a slight masculine touch to it. I am going to have to pass on this.

I love it because it's so wearable but still unusual. My personal trainer loves it! ;)

This is a nice green scent that smells like a feminine version of hollisters scent, it is a nice scent just not me.

on 8/3/2015 5:47:00 PM

Chanel products I feel get rated high just for the name Chanel and this is no different.

I tried very hard to like eau fraiche!

After having a failing experience for no5, coco noir, and mademoiselle, I asked an SA "what is a popular spring/summer fragrance of Chanel?".

She hands me eau tendre. One spritz of gross candy fruity floral hell was a definite N.O. for me. I spritzed eau fraiche on my wrist instead. And decidedly underwhelmed, I walked off.

20 minutes later in the car something smelled realllyy good. I realized it was me. I noticed my scent was turning a few heads at the supermarket. And I felt like they were positive reactions.

I bought a bottle. The smallest 1 oz size. On first spray I knew I made a huge mistake. As others have noted its just a sharp candied lime mixed with cheap aftershave sort of smell. Those are the "top notes" in my opinion. They're completely gross.

After a few minutes, it thankfully fades and turns into a softer fresh fruity floral. It has an aquatic element to it- which I don't know if I particularly care for. Some Limey citrus combined with another fruit I cant even put my finger on. Apple or watermelon? No clue. And it has that warm cedar going in the background to balance it out and keep it from smelling like a cheap body spray a pre-teen would wear. It's definitely a more amicable scent and it stays for a few hours.

When it fades almost completely off the skin I can smell traces of vanilla. Mixed with the hint of cedar and that weird fruity smell throughout that I can't put my finger on.

Honestly after owning my 1oz bottle for 3 weeks I am still in the testing stage. I have no idea what to make of this perfume. I don't hate it but I can't even say I like it.

It's never cloying or headache inducing but it's almost annoying at times. Sometimes the aftershave grossness lingers far too long. Sometimes it's more limey and aquatic and it feels like a sporty fragrance (im not sporty at all and I feel like I'm wearing a lie!). Sometimes it's a fun youthful fruity floral and it just makes me feel pretty.

But it's never consistent.

I think I am going to revert back to my dior addict eau fraiche that I am farrrr more comfortable in. that one is more of a linear straightforward grapefruit scent on me, but it just suites me better and at least I know what to expect from it.

Chance eau fraiche is just weird. To me it smells like it just wanted to market to the masses, but it didn't have a clear target audience. Is this for the sporty girl? The girly girl? The one that prefers a unisex fragrance? I've no idea.

Oh and one day after spraying it, my husband walks in the room and goes. "Sometimes it smells weird in here". Yeah this sadly wasn't a success for me

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feels like it has a split personality on me. Or I have washed in my favourite shower gel and followed it up with a spritz of a favourite fragrance. Ne'er the twain shall meet. Are you a fresh, citrusy, aftershavy type scent or sultry jasmine. Too dissonant for me.

This is one of my fragrances that literally every time I wear it, I am complimented. The good news: Who doesn't like to be complimented? The bad news: Now half the women I work with asked for it for Christmas and so I need to find a new signature scent. lol I still wear it but try to mix it up when I go to work. :) I cannot imagine anyone not liking this fragrance.

Popular Fragrances