CHANEL Chance Eau Fraiche

CHANEL Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

Any time I order from Chanel, they always send me a couple of samples with my order. This was one of the samples I received. It has been sitting in my parfum cupboard with a ton of other samples for at least two years now. I want to try to use up a lot of my samples, so today after my bath, I chose Chance eau Fraiche as it seemed a good choice for this extremely hot weather.

I agree with many other reviewers that it is a nice fragrance. It is fresh and refreshing indeed, and it is a very good choice for hot, sticky weather such as we have at the moment. However, I do not think it is worth Chancel prices, and if I wanted to purchase a fresh, citrus type fragrance, I would opt for the dreamy Fleurs de Cedrat from Guerlain, but this is my own personal taste. I am sure others would opt for the Chanel.

I rated this fragrance three lippies, but if I had been able to do, I would have rated it two and half because whilst it smells nice enough, for a Chanel, I do not find it special in any way, and as I said before, I think it is overpriced for what it is. I cannot imagine this fragrance could possibly offend anyone, so it could be worn virtually anywhere day or night. I also think it is quite unisex. It projects nicely and has decent silage for the first couple of hours, but then it becomes a faint skin scent. Longevity is not very good on my skin.

As always, if possible, try before you buy.

Fragrance: 4/10
Silage: 5/10
Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 4/10

on 5/18/2018 5:14:00 PM

Fresh it is! This is a light scent, suitable for warm weather and any office. An improvement over the original Chance, which I thought was just ok.
It isn't very original, so when it is gone, I will probably not replace.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This perfume is addicting! It has a pretty color and an interesting bottle. It smells so fresh and clean. It's marketed as a women's scent, but I think a man can wear it just as easy. I'd wear it on a summer night formal event. It just screams 'young sophistication'. My new favorite.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This perfume was always a huge compliment earner for me. It is bright, and oh my goodness it has a lot of throw. I tended to wear this a lot when I wanted to feel happy and energetic, because to me that's exactly how this perfume smells. I didn't like the original Chance very much, but I love the freshness and the effervescence of the Eau Fraiche version. My bottle is sadly empty, but I would repurchase another because this is a great scent for days when I need a little pep in my step.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this fragrance. I tried it on in-store a couple years ago looking for a very unisex, fresh scent I could wear every day without having to worry about it. Unfortunately for me I have always had a sensitivity to scents and perfumes and can hardly walk past the fragrance department without getting a headache and watery eyes.

I thought this fragrance would be different because it wasn't so musky but I actually find it so so strong. It lasts forever on me but it smells almost too fresh, like aftershave-ish and gives me a headache.

I got this as a gift for my Mom, but she leaves it on her dresser so I get to use it a lot, too. I'm more of a citrus rather than floral gal so I love this. It's fresh, sparkling, invigorating and works well with my body chemistry. I don't really adjust my fragrance based on climates/seasons, but I consider this an all-year round scent. Definitely my fave variant out of all the Chanel scents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my signature scent for years. I typically have at least one person a day comment that it smells great or ask what I am wearing. The scent is so unique because it is very light and not overpowering. It is a cooler scent, almost adrogynous but with feminine undertones. Think like a Coolwater type fragrance but sparkling and feminine. The scent does linger throughout the day to the skin but does not stay very strong.

This is a lovely sparkling summer scent. I wish they did a EDP version, as the toilette doesn't last on my skin at all, so I have to reapply during the day. I can't smell it at all on my skin by the end of the day. It lasts longer on clothes.

The price is a bit ridiculous for the quantity of perfume you get.

The packaging is lovely.

I was lucky enuff to receive the lotion of this for my early bday gift when my mother had to go thru some airports. I wanted the spray but oh well (will buy it for myself ASAP when I get paid. I will update when I get it). But It sat there for a couple of weeks looking sad coz I'm a B&BW/VS lotion person not these kinds lotions--NOT ungrateful in the least but I was kind of bummed coz I'm like what EDT can I pair this w (that I own) & not lose the fragrance's integrity & identity; I found it believe it or not I have 2 small bottles of CK One on hand from like, Kmart I paid a whole $8 for ea iirc in the little perfume bottle section they got the tiny bottles (comparable to rollerball size but replicated mini bottles the frags are real thou!). I realized in a pinch CK One will do w this lotion as a Lauren LC Conrad kind of a scent. LC has effortless Glam chic I aspire to--Every day girl next door a bit sporty but I'm carrying this lotion in my bag w 1 of my mini CK One's today to see if I get any compliments (I'll be in close quarters in a DR waiting room). I love this! & the CK One hack feel free to exploit that if ur broke like me it seems naturally a choice. I love eau tendre almost got a bottle of THAT (have bodyspray), glad I waited so i can buy this!

Edit 4/20/16: my daddy knew I wanted this so he went ahead & got me a 3.4oz EDT it smells soooo-o good n I'm so happy he got it for me. He's just thoughtful like that. He got me another Dior addict lip glow too I had pink he got me coral :-) I love my daddy!!! Now I can wear this to the DR office today & see if I get any complaints or compliments hahahahaha I wanted the 5oz EDT but they were plum out of it & ALL of the sizes of EDP it's fine coz I have the lotion to layer it with & LC liked the EDT so good enough for me! USD$100 not bad considering 1.7oz is $78 so 3.4oz much better bang for your buck (value) thou I'm not sure that many Chanel shoppers are concerned w value (I am an exception I guess!!), it is a luxury brand after all. Whenever I can get a slice of luxury how the other half lives!! I guess I buy mostly mid end like I have lotsa MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced, stuff like Fiona Stiles/Smashbox/Stila too & a small MU bag filled w Chanel ;-) ok I'm rambling...

TL;DR get this amazing perfume!!!! Even Lauren LC Conrad loves the EDT!

on 3/10/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled a Chanel Chance in a magazine insert and remembered loving it, but I couldn't remember which one. So, I went out and bought samples of the different versions instead of blind buying just in case. Well, I am glad I did because I was sure this was the fragrance I had liked, but in fact I do not like this fragrance AT ALL. The first thing I thought of when I smelled it was lemon scented dish soap. I decided to give it a try anyways to see how it evolved throughout the day, but on me, the lemon notes never disappeared and in fact turned somewhat sour as the day went on. I also noted it had a slight masculine touch to it. I am going to have to pass on this.

Popular Fragrances