CHANEL Chance Eau Fraiche

CHANEL Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

on 2/9/2019 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I blindly online purchased my 1.2oz bottle of Chance Eau Fraiche from Chanel. I LOVE Chance Eau Tendre, so I figured I'd like this as well. And I do.

I read many reviews about this fragrance before purchasing. I saw many describe Eau Fraiche as "unisex" or even "masculine". However, I'm a bit confused- Eau Fraiche is much less cedar-heavy than Light Blue, but I rarely see Light Blue described as masculine. To me Light Blue leans more masculine than Eau Fraiche. If Chance Eau Tendre is the super girly sister in a pink dress then Chance Eau Fraiche is her sporty sister in volleyball or soccer shorts. But BOTH are females nonetheless.

Chance Eau Fraiche is youthful, fun, fresh, and spirited. This fragrance is definitely made for spring and summer, but can be worn in any season. I also think this fragrance is ageless and is great for any occasion. Eau Fraiche has the same citrus vibe as Versace Bright Crystal and Acqua di Gioia but is much less musky than the two. Eau Fraiche has the same citrus vibe as Light Blue but with significantly less cedar and woods. If I had to name one perfume Chance Eau Fraiche MOST reminds me of it would be Davidoff's Cool Water for women. Cool Water is more musky and aquatic, but it immediately comes to my mind when I smell Eau Fraiche. There's a slight soapy vibe in Eau Fraiche that I really like... I'm guessing it comes from the hyacinth note.

If you like Chance Eau Tendre then you will probably like Chance Eau Fraiche. Both are youthful, fresh, and remind me of summertime. Both are safe to purchase as gifts for others or for yourself without smelling first (meaning most will probably like these perfumes). Both also last pretty long on the skin and clothes, but become much softer as time passes.

Overall, I recommend.

Any time I order from Chanel, they always send me a couple of samples with my order. This was one of the samples I received. It has been sitting in my parfum cupboard with a ton of other samples for at least two years now. I want to try to use up a lot of my samples, so today after my bath, I chose Chance eau Fraiche as it seemed a good choice for this extremely hot weather.

I agree with many other reviewers that it is a nice fragrance. It is fresh and refreshing indeed, and it is a very good choice for hot, sticky weather such as we have at the moment. However, I do not think it is worth Chancel prices, and if I wanted to purchase a fresh, citrus type fragrance, I would opt for the dreamy Fleurs de Cedrat from Guerlain, but this is my own personal taste. I am sure others would opt for the Chanel.

I rated this fragrance three lippies, but if I had been able to do, I would have rated it two and half because whilst it smells nice enough, for a Chanel, I do not find it special in any way, and as I said before, I think it is overpriced for what it is. I cannot imagine this fragrance could possibly offend anyone, so it could be worn virtually anywhere day or night. I also think it is quite unisex. It projects nicely and has decent silage for the first couple of hours, but then it becomes a faint skin scent. Longevity is not very good on my skin.

As always, if possible, try before you buy.

Fragrance: 4/10
Silage: 5/10
Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 4/10

on 5/18/2018 5:14:00 PM

Fresh it is! This is a light scent, suitable for warm weather and any office. An improvement over the original Chance, which I thought was just ok.
It isn't very original, so when it is gone, I will probably not replace.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This perfume is addicting! It has a pretty color and an interesting bottle. It smells so fresh and clean. It's marketed as a women's scent, but I think a man can wear it just as easy. I'd wear it on a summer night formal event. It just screams 'young sophistication'. My new favorite.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This perfume was always a huge compliment earner for me. It is bright, and oh my goodness it has a lot of throw. I tended to wear this a lot when I wanted to feel happy and energetic, because to me that's exactly how this perfume smells. I didn't like the original Chance very much, but I love the freshness and the effervescence of the Eau Fraiche version. My bottle is sadly empty, but I would repurchase another because this is a great scent for days when I need a little pep in my step.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this fragrance. I tried it on in-store a couple years ago looking for a very unisex, fresh scent I could wear every day without having to worry about it. Unfortunately for me I have always had a sensitivity to scents and perfumes and can hardly walk past the fragrance department without getting a headache and watery eyes.

I thought this fragrance would be different because it wasn't so musky but I actually find it so so strong. It lasts forever on me but it smells almost too fresh, like aftershave-ish and gives me a headache.

I got this as a gift for my Mom, but she leaves it on her dresser so I get to use it a lot, too. I'm more of a citrus rather than floral gal so I love this. It's fresh, sparkling, invigorating and works well with my body chemistry. I don't really adjust my fragrance based on climates/seasons, but I consider this an all-year round scent. Definitely my fave variant out of all the Chanel scents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my signature scent for years. I typically have at least one person a day comment that it smells great or ask what I am wearing. The scent is so unique because it is very light and not overpowering. It is a cooler scent, almost adrogynous but with feminine undertones. Think like a Coolwater type fragrance but sparkling and feminine. The scent does linger throughout the day to the skin but does not stay very strong.

This is a lovely sparkling summer scent. I wish they did a EDP version, as the toilette doesn't last on my skin at all, so I have to reapply during the day. I can't smell it at all on my skin by the end of the day. It lasts longer on clothes.

The price is a bit ridiculous for the quantity of perfume you get.

The packaging is lovely.

I was lucky enuff to receive the lotion of this for my early bday gift when my mother had to go thru some airports. I wanted the spray but oh well (will buy it for myself ASAP when I get paid. I will update when I get it). But It sat there for a couple of weeks looking sad coz I'm a B&BW/VS lotion person not these kinds lotions--NOT ungrateful in the least but I was kind of bummed coz I'm like what EDT can I pair this w (that I own) & not lose the fragrance's integrity & identity; I found it believe it or not I have 2 small bottles of CK One on hand from like, Kmart I paid a whole $8 for ea iirc in the little perfume bottle section they got the tiny bottles (comparable to rollerball size but replicated mini bottles the frags are real thou!). I realized in a pinch CK One will do w this lotion as a Lauren LC Conrad kind of a scent. LC has effortless Glam chic I aspire to--Every day girl next door a bit sporty but I'm carrying this lotion in my bag w 1 of my mini CK One's today to see if I get any compliments (I'll be in close quarters in a DR waiting room). I love this! & the CK One hack feel free to exploit that if ur broke like me it seems naturally a choice. I love eau tendre almost got a bottle of THAT (have bodyspray), glad I waited so i can buy this!

Edit 4/20/16: my daddy knew I wanted this so he went ahead & got me a 3.4oz EDT it smells soooo-o good n I'm so happy he got it for me. He's just thoughtful like that. He got me another Dior addict lip glow too I had pink he got me coral :-) I love my daddy!!! Now I can wear this to the DR office today & see if I get any complaints or compliments hahahahaha I wanted the 5oz EDT but they were plum out of it & ALL of the sizes of EDP it's fine coz I have the lotion to layer it with & LC liked the EDT so good enough for me! USD$100 not bad considering 1.7oz is $78 so 3.4oz much better bang for your buck (value) thou I'm not sure that many Chanel shoppers are concerned w value (I am an exception I guess!!), it is a luxury brand after all. Whenever I can get a slice of luxury how the other half lives!! I guess I buy mostly mid end like I have lotsa MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced, stuff like Fiona Stiles/Smashbox/Stila too & a small MU bag filled w Chanel ;-) ok I'm rambling...

TL;DR get this amazing perfume!!!! Even Lauren LC Conrad loves the EDT!