Lancome Color Design - Trendy Mauve

No Image

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a tube of this as a GWP when I purchased my Dual Finished powder (HG powder foundation, best ever). I am absolutely hooked on this lipstick! It's the color I have been searching for my entire life. This shade is so flattering, so sexy and so gentle. The formula is pigmented yet sheer enough to layer. It is moisturizing, comfortable and lasts very well on the lips. I wear this color almost every day; it works well for all seasons and is easy to add drama to a smokey eye or tone down a softer look. I will repurchase this lipstick once I run out of the tube I have, I never ever want to be without this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have held onto the lipstick since it is very hydrating, long lasting, and universal color for almost everyone.

on 1/26/2013 4:37:00 AM

I think this is a very versatile color, it can be paired with a fresh rosy cheek during daytime or with a subtle smokey eye at night. This will suit most skin tones. Lancome's lipsticks are well pigmented and hydrating in general and I think this is a good try. NYX has a cheaper alternative although I'm not sure about it's name.

on 3/3/2011 9:11:00 PM

I got this on a recommendation from a fellow pale girl. It works surprisingly with my pale, dark hair and blue eyes look. I usually mix it with Revlon's colorburst lipstick in Lilac (100) and it creates a lovely mauvey-pinkey brown color. Perfect for a classier daytime lip, or a night out. Another advantage to this lipstick is the fact that it is moisturizing and doesn't have that awful smell/taste that lancome lipsticks sometimes have.

I'm not a fan of the higher price (although it is cheaper than other lancome lipsticks), the round packaging (which always rolls right off my vanity) or general dinkiness of the packaging compared to other lancome products. But in the end, I would buy it again for the color. When it is combined with the revlon lipstick it is such a unique color and something different from my usuals lipsticks (plums, pinks, dark rose). It's nice to wear something different once in awhile.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Got this as a GWP, too! I'm usually not attracted to mauves but this is lovely when applied right. It's smooth, very pigmented, and wear-time measured up to about 2 hours for me. This is definitely cool-toned, but it could work for both warm and cool skintones if you get the application right. I would describe this as a rosy, brown mauve with a hint neutral pink... but anyways, to apply this I neutralize my lipcolor with concealer or foundation then pat this lightly on my lips, applying a little extra to the center. (Basically, just don't apply too much and it can work.) I might repurchase this again, but not guarenteed.

I, too, got this as a GWP and I really like it! It's a rich neutral (I want to say a deep warm nude?), and it doesn't wash out my very fair complexion or clash with my eye color and hair (green and dark brown, respectively). If you would like a neutral nude mouth without a cadaverous look, this is a solid choice, and Lancome has quite a few others as well. Texture wise, this is rich and smooth, non drying, and it is very pigmented.

on 4/14/2009 1:55:00 AM

Got it with GWP and fell in love with it. It's a very beautiful natural color

on 5/30/2008 9:15:00 PM

I like this colour. very neutral. creamy formula doesn't dry out my lips. i like to put a pink gloss over it for a diff't look.

on 5/3/2008 12:48:00 AM

This color looks great on my lips. It is really close to looking natural. When I look at the color in the tube it doesn't look like it would work with me at all, but I was pleasantly surprised!

I love this lip stick. very natural but still pretty color.