4.3

price range

Reviews

from

10 years ago

I bought the Platinum beige creme toner. Turned my hair reallly shimmery blonde. Your hair has to be really light inorder for it to work...I am going to buy Champagne beige now cause I think my hair is super light now! I need it alittle less Playmate-ish looking...haha :) UPDATE: I just uploaded a photo of me above!!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I used this in the platinum, or 323 shade. My hair wasn't exactly banana-peel light when I used this, but it still did a good job of taking out the yellow! I left it on for 15 minutes. I think it made my hair a tad too ashy, but I'm sure that will fade, the only thing is that the parts of my hair that weren't very light, didnt get toned very well, so my color is a bit inconsistent. I am definitely planning on using it again though.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I've used Towhead in the past to get brassiness out of highlights and it worked well, but this last time I used it - nothing. So I bought 323 and it did help a bit. My roots, about the first 3 inches, needed toning more than the ends so I put it on there and put on a shower cap to create some heat. Left it on 20 minutes, then put it on the rest of my hair for about 2-3 minutes and rinsed. It did knock some of the orange/yellow out but I think I'll do it again in a week or so. The shower cap and leaving it on longer than the directions said seemed to help.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

11 years ago

i recently had a BAD hair job where the stylist bleached my hair 3X and didnt know wut the heck a toner was, despite me trying to explain things to him (it was a home service).......i had yellow, orange and SILVER pieces on my chunky highlights!!!! did TONS of research coz i could sleep and thought TOWHEAD would be great...it took out the brassiness and made it to a nice blonde! i left the silver pieces alone for fear it might turn greyer. I mixed this with ion's sensitive scalpt 20 vol developer! so if u've had bleach hair with lots of orange/yellow tones...def pick this up!

About reviewer (1297 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

I love this toner. It is a nice toner for sensitive scalp / bleached blondes. So far I have used 323 which is so far my favorite. It makes my hair a very nice white platinum, super cool toned. I definitly have to make sure my hair is in the pale yellow stage for it to look perfect but it kicks out all the remaining yellow. Just make sure when you do you roots you leave it on them for 10 mins and only run it through the ends. Also put a neutralizer so that none of the porous hair picks up the base. I use Wella In Depth protein on my wet hair before I apply the toner. I have also tried the white beige which looks beautiful on the swatch but was very buttery yellow when I tried it. Next time I will try platinum beige I am looking for a more neutral platinum that you see on little blonde children.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

11 years ago

I'm going to say what I wish someone would have told me before I tried this product. For almost all the shades of this toner to work correctly (espically the lightest shades) you need to make sure you bleach your hair to a PALE yellow (not orange nor yellow!) color. For an example of this search gogle for "hair bleach levels". This means, depending on how dark your hair is to start with, that you might need to bleach your hair SEVERAL times until you achieve the palest color possible. It is highly recommended that you wait at LEAST 24 hours in between each bleaching session, and it is even better to wait longer (most people say at least a week) as bleaching the hair is extremely damaging. The longer you wait the more time your hair has to recover. Also make sure you use a LOT of conditioners and reconstructers after and in between bleaching. When you have finally reached that pale yellow color then it is time to use the toner. Make sure you leave it on long enough, but not too long or you run the risk of turning your hair purple or blue if you are using the violet or blue based toner shades. That aside: I love this product. After processing my hair to a very pale yellow shade I was able to achieve a very natural looking platinum blonde with Towhead. I do not find it damaging, in fact it seems to condition my hair. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to achieve a natural shade of very light blonde.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

11 years ago

I've been bleaching/dyeing my hair blonde for about two months now, and because my natural color is a very dark copper and I had been dyeing it red for a long time, it's been nearly impossible for me to get a shade that isn't VERY strawberry. I recently used Miss Clairol Hi-Lift Blondes in the violet shade, Cool Blonde, and I liked the results (somewhere between medium and light blonde) but it was still a little red for what I wanted. The Toner shade I chose was Towhead, and that's probably my first mistake. I think to get a very ashy shade I would need to use something Platinum/Beige... (I think Towhead still has a little bit of gold in it. Not good if you're trying to get away from red/orange!) I think I might try this product again---maybe a lighter shade would produce better results. I also noticed it was a little hard to get out of my hair, probably because of the creme texture, and I think one chunk of hair behind my ear actually turned a little grey-blue! Overall, it wasn't a bad product. I think it might work better on extremely light blondes, though, or with only moderate amounts of brass.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

11 years ago

This is the only product that I've ever tried to tone my hair since I learned to bleach it myself (after a terrible salon experience). The first time I picked the wrong shade thinking that 302 would work well. It didn't. It left my hair brassy. The second time I ever used it I picked a lighter shade 301, but didn't leave it on long enough so it still didn't produce the results that I wanted. The last time I was advised to leave it on longer. The directions say to leave it on for 10 minutes, but I left it on probably for 20 or so and it toned my hair significantly. It came out great so from now on I will be using this product. It's great and very affordable.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

3.0

11 years ago

I lightened my hair from a medium brown to what I was hoping would be a nice ash blonde, but it turned to be a super brassy almost strawberry blonde. Tried this in Champagne Ice, left it on 30 minutes (10 minutes longer than directions), still didn't get the results I wanted. It helped, but it didn't live up to the hype. I bought two so in a few days I'll try again and hopefully it will get closer to my ideal, though I'm not expecting a miracle this time. Will buy again because it's still the only thing that seems to have a positive effect.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I have naturally light brown hair, which I lighten to medium blonde. However, after coloring my hair once a month, it has become brassy. I tried Natural Instincts Brass-Free Blondes in medium blonde, which took care of some brassiness, but didn't really do much. I just picked up Clairol Creme Toner in #311D - Towhead - and it knocked ALL the brass out of my hair, leaving it a very neutral, sandy blonde. I didn't want to lighten it much, just counteract the yellow tones. The first time I tried this product, I was nervous and only left it on 7 minutes (this was my first time using a toner). But I didn't get the full, beautiful result until the next time I used it, which I left on for 15 minutes. Great product and a fraction of the cost of having your hair professionally toned!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35