RIMMEL Play Fast - Hit That

No Image

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Application chokes -- it's a fast dry polish, but even with three strokes, this stuff is difficult to work with and gloppy and gross. Total latex paint consistency--EXACT consistency, in fact. Color is a light-medium flat grayish lavender. Like, if the hottest corpse in the world who had drowned 3 months ago had the coolest nailbeds, this would be the color. There is a gold-bronze shimmer in this, but it's totally buried and even in direct sunlight it's hard to catch.

It's a special occasion color, a color that you would put on to enhance an outfit then remove. Despite the fact that it's light-medium, it's still a striking color because of the flat, dull gray lavender tones....it's thick, totally opaque (2 coats), flat and has the personality of house paint. However, I find it a unique color -- it's not pretty, it's merely interesting. I like unique, so I'll up it a lippy.

on 3/18/2007 6:40:00 PM

Play Fast is Rimmel's new line of quick-dry nail colours. The first collection, 2007's Underground, includes Hit That, a greyed lavender with peachy gold shimmer and a bit of subtle green shimmer, as well. It's not my kind of colour at all (I'm warm-toned and it's almost impossible for me to pull off lavenders) but I can see it looking fabulous on other skintones.

I bought nine of the new colours, and am finding that they all apply very well and are completely opaque with two coats. The formula is much better, in my opinion, than that of all Rimmel's previous nail polishes: Play Fast polish applies smoothly (no clumps or goopiness) and dries to a shiny/glossy finish.

The polish does dry quickly, but I found that this did not make it difficult to work with. This is in part due to the new brush deisgn. It's flat and wide (like OPI's new Pro-Wide brush introduced in 2006), making it very easy to apply the polish in just a few quick strokes.

I really like the chic new bottles, too. My only complaint is that the caps, while they are attractive, are kind of slick and difficult to get open (I had to use a rubber band on most of my new ones just to get them open). All in all, though, these new polishes are great quality for the price (I think I paid a little over CAD$4 each) and they're well worth picking up!

Pics:Nails continued >>