4.8

price range

Reviews

from

5 years ago

It's been discontinued? :( I just read that in another review here. That's ridiculous--why would Anastasia, the eyebrow specialist, discontinue a color that they basically owned the market share on? I haven't found anyone else who makes a color for reddish eyebrows. I don't know what Anastasia is thinking. No way is Caramel an adequate substitute. (An earlier reviewer here said that is what they're calling the new "Strawburn." Nope.) That said, let's all assume we can still find this pencil. It is perfect for me--a natural ash blond with light eyebrows who sometimes dyes her hair strawberry blonde/light auburn. It fills in my sparse brows really nicely with a natural light-brownish color that has the red cast to it that no other brand provides. My only quibble is that the point gets dull too quickly. This shade would work better in the Brow Wiz, which is their skinny, twist-up eyebrow definer. I do see that Sephora has a Brow Wiz listed in color Auburn on their site, so I will check that out in the future.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

So sad that this shade has been discontinued, and "replaced" with the shade caramel which does NOT look the same, way more brown. So disappointed. If anyone knows a dupe for this shade do tell!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

7 years ago

Ok so, this is SO expensive. If I could get this colour for cheaper I would! But for some reason they don't make eyebrow pencils for red-heads.... even though we need them most! The formula is great, love the little brow brush on the end, it's super handy. I hate having to deal with sharpening, I'd love an automatic version.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I got this for one of my best friends who has gorgeous red hair and was in dire need of some color on her brows. She loves it and looks totally transformed. She didn't believe how much of a difference it would make until she tried it. Highly recommended for red heads!

About reviewer (553 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

9 years ago

I finally found the right brow pencil in Strawburn!! I have been trying on and looking for months on end!!! I have golden blond hair, and this color is sooooo much better on me than the blondes, ashes, and taupes that are 'supposed' to be the 'right' color for me!! And after reading others' reviews here, I see that many have experienced the same thing I did~ greenish or grayish hues in those other color pencils! (OR, they are TOO red!) So I am quite surprised that a pencil designed for redheads is not TOO red!! Just a lovely warm color! I like how it looks now, but I plan on actually going red soon, so talk about versatile! Woo-hoo! So happy!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this pencil. It's the only one that matches my hair perfectly and gives a completely natural fill-in. It also lasts forever, so price isn't a big factor when you consider its worth. I would recommend this to any redhead!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

9 years ago

Probably the only Eyebrow pencil I have Found that matches my hair color almost perfectly. Redheads will understand me when I say that finding a Auburn pencil that is realistic to hair coloring is next to impossible. I always end up having to buy taupe because you just can find one. this pencil goes on smooth. It's well pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Just a light touch is all you need to fill in the spots. I've always been happy with Anastasia products and glad she has products for us redheads!!

About reviewer (352 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

9 years ago

This is the only brow pencil I've ever liked and stuck with. It's the perfect color for redheads, as other reviewers have said. In addition, the texture is as natural as a pencil gets, and the lasting power is really decent, another rarity for brow pencils. While I generally prefer brow powders, this is one of those products I won't be without and find that there is just no replacement for.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

10 years ago

$22 seems like a lot for a brow pencil, but not when you've spent your entire strawberry blonde/redheaded life trying every pencil on the market. This is it for me, my HG pencil. When this became hard to find, I purchased the Anastasia brow powder in the same shade (strawburn), and I love it even more than the pencil, because it is buildable as a powder, so I can simply add more if I want a more dramatic brown, or use less for daily wear. If you have trouble finding the pencil, seek out the powder!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

EyesBrown

10 years ago

The best eyebrown pencil ever for natural redheads. Not maroon, not bronze, not grey, not taupe, not tomato red - none of those odd vibes that every other eyebrown pencil for redheads has. Also, it's not greasy or overly waxy. Looks natural, lasts forever and the color is flawless.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool