KANEBO Total Finish NEW 2006

Filtered by skin type : Combination
KANEBO Total Finish NEW 2006

4.3

on 3/13/2009 2:20:00 PM

I like this foundation a lot but i take away one lippie b/c i think it is overprized (but it will last you a long time if used correctly). Also, im not at all thrilled with the packaging. That may be b/c i dont use the sponge to apply it with, i get much better result on the application if i use a kabuki or powder brush. It is very important to use just i tiny bit of this product, if you use just a tad too much it doesnt look good and the coverage would be much too heavy.

very good product!
stay matte for about 5 hours.
some people who said that using this powder made their face looked like a drag queen (fake-too thick), i think it's because of over application.

I'm using the powder for daily use (medium coverage) using a face brush. I've never used it for full coverage but only the medium coverage already covers all my pimple scars and cover up my pimple redness.

the case is separated (the powder and the puff)..
the case is not thick and it has a round shape..
golden silverish colored..

i recommend this product very much.
At first i thought the product is too expensive
*I bought it at ICI PARIS XL (Arnhem, the Netherlands) for 43 euro (13/14 euro for the case & 28/29 euro for the powder)

But after further thoughts the price is actually pretty much the same with shiseido compact powder and dior powder (i used these brands before i use kanebo).

AND! the most important thing for my oily skin is....
it doesn't make more pimple on my face...
it's not making my face oily for 4-5 hours (only the t-zone needed the touch up after 4-5 hours).

on 4/8/2007 5:11:00 AM

Most of the liquid/ creamy foundations feel too oily for my combination skin. I have found Kanebo total finish very good, as I think itīs good for oily and dry parts of the face as well. This have been my favourite now for many years. I use shades 203, 204 and 204,5 depending what time it is in the year. But I wish there would be even more shades for light skin.

on 3/24/2007 4:13:00 AM

Since Kanebo hit the European market more than 20 years ago, I only use the Kanebo powder foundations on my face (OK, some infidelities occurred, which I prefer to forget about). So, of course I had to try this newest one, which was available at the Swedish Kanebo desks in August 2006. Exactly like another reviewer, I almost dropped my chin when I saw the price - can a foundation really be worth all that money? Today I know it can. I am since years using the Kanebo Media Powder foundation in Summer Breeze and this color was an exact match for this new powder as well. Now I use both foundations, both are EXCELLENT, stay on all day, do not turn darker as the day goes on. The new Total Finish does have some moisturizing (which the Media does not have), I can use it without moisturizer underneath. It covers very well and gets completey invisible on my skin after a couple of minutes. The sponge is a genius, it reaches every corner of my face. The skin looks very 'real', rested and great, which my real skin never does. I very seldom need a touch-up during the day, and if I do, then a dust of the Media powder does it. Today, almost 9 months after the purchase, I see the bottom of the powder for the first time. I'm sure it will take many months until it is completely finished. So, the answer to my question about it being worth all that money is : definitely YES.