Smashbox LipGloss *general*

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The lipgloss I have is a very pinky nude color. I love this lipgloss and it's thick and easy to apply. My only complaint is that it fades out pretty quickly and everything sticks to it. The colors are great though and in my opinion looks good on all skintones. These are also great for a casual non dramatic lip.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These lip glosses really seem to last. I wore one of them on my wedding day and only had to reapply after eating and drinking. Also they are not too sticky or uncomfortable to wear. I like that they come in a variety of styles, some are sheer with shimmer, others are velvety smooth color. I prefer the doe foot applicator by far to the brush applicator, as the brush hairs seem to get stuck on the edge of the bottle when I put the applicator back in and eventually get bent up permanently, which is ugly and annoying. But the lipgloss itself is awesome, if a bit pricey.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Love this lip enhancing lipgloss! The colors are great and seem to go with my NC44 skin. This gloss is not sticky and conditions my lips. This is my my new favourite!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in 'Expose' which is a sort of nudish pink, with very subtle shimmers. It comes in a very sleek, thin tube with a matte black cap, and it looks different from the picture. I LOVE the applicator...it's a brush that makes application very easy. It doesn't have a taste and the smell is very unnoticable - sorta vanilla-y.
It gives a very natural, long wearing gloss that i find to be moisturising as well. I really like this and would definately repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm already a lipgloss addict but didn't get into these until recently and I"m sorry I waited so long. I don't notice a strong scent in most of mine, maybe something slightly sweet (vanilla?) and I have at least half a dozen, both full size and mini. I love the fact that these aren't overly sticky or tacky but still last a long time, for a gloss anyway, and they don't seem to be drying. I like the variety of finishes, from sheer to full and also the variety of shades, except the brownish nude/neutral ones which all tend to look the same on my pigmented lips. The rest of the ones I have (mostly reds, mauves, pinks, nude-pinks, and burgundies) look the same on as they do in the tube, Pout being the exception so far because it is quite sheer and my natural lip color still comes through. The shimmer (in ones that have it) is still subtle enough that I can still wear them to work, which is great. All of mine have doe foot applicators, I've never seen one with a brush, and the caps are matte black, not silver like the pic. I found that you have to be careful closing them to avoid air bubbles due to the slender tube, but it's a small thing in comparison to how much I like these overall. These are probably my favorite wand glosses at the moment and seem to get overlooked in the mu world, along with many other things in this line, IMO.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have one of these in Brilliant. The color is a dark pink that seems to look like a golden pink on my lips. The texture is not tacky or sticky. It does not dry out my lips. I love that the applicator is a brush rather than doe foot. However, a lot of product comes out on the brush, so I have to wipe a lot off before applying. I would consider this color to be in the neutral family even though it does look a bit dark in the container. Love it! My container is longer than the ones in the picture and it has a black handle rather than silver.

bought this as a bonus/GWP. an adquate gloss, but lets talk about the smell. some reviewers note a vanilla scent. mine smells like mouldy burnt plastic. so bad, i only use it when i have a cold!! at a smashbox display, i noticed all the testers have this scent.
i read a comment lower about them going "off" after a few months, so be sure to buy a fresh one. well how can you know just looking at it? i am not the only person here to note a *horrendific* scent. what is going on? some smell terrible and some smell like cake?!
personally i dont think it is worth gambling. there are plenty of other glosses out there with the same effect, that dont run the risk of rancid scent

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Smashbox glosses. I hate thick sticky glosses, so for me, this is awesome. Like the reviewer below me said they are pretty thin. They go on very sheer, but amazingly for me the shine lasts. Even after most of the gloss has worn away and my lips feel naked, they still look shiny. It's the strangest thing but I love it. I wear this gloss in the "Lip Enhancing Gloss - True Color Protege" every day because it matches the natural color of my lips perfectly and just kicks the color up a notch without being too obvious. I have a thin upper lip so I am all for enhancing what I've got rather than drawing attention to the thinness with dark or bright in-your-face color which is why this is my HG gloss. Maybe not for everyone if you like that thick, wet, glassy shine, but perfect for someone who wants something a little more subtle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the HG of lip glosses for me. I love the colors, and it's not as horrendously sticky as many others. Many of the glosses are also formulated with vitamin E so even when it wears off (which takes a good while--mine lasted through my afternoon snack!), it leaves your lips soft. Also, at 18 dollars, it is cheaper than Lancome's Color Fever Gloss, which I like but I find is stickier than the Smashbox. My favorite sheer color is Afterglow, which I use over lipstick when I need some extra shine. As for true color, I recommend Aura which is a beautiful light pink shimmer that looks fabulous with a smokey eye, and Starlit, which is my favorite gloss for doing a casual red lip.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the double-ended gloss from the Double Take kit, in Fresh/Fabulous (pink/wine). When I first tried it I was disappointed because there didn't seem to be much colour (I usually wear lipstick for going out, so I'm used to more colour). But it actually looked very nice, like my own lips but much prettier. The darker side looks like a wine colour in the tube, but it's actually also very sheer. The colours are pretty but wouldn't be worth it just for that, except it feels so nice! The texture isn't too thick or sticky, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. I use this all the time now, instead of going with bare lips for routine days.