no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 years ago

I love smashbox lipgloss. I have the lipgloss in Blaze which is a cherry red, alomst a blood red if you will. Its the only lipgloss I dont have use a chapstick underneath. I also find that it also moisturizes my lips too.Im not really a gloss kind of gal but I find myself taking this gloss with me everywhere I go!=] It doesn't feel really thick (like MAC lipglass) but it also has a great staying power as well. I will definently buy more colors.I just started buying stuff from this Smashbox brand because all these magazines were saying how great Smashbox was, so I decided to give it a try. The cosmetics are really pricey but I think that they are definently worth it. the stuff is great, from the make up I have from smashbox. Everyone should try out smashbox!!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

2.0

14 years ago

I own Smashbox lipgloss in *Paparazzi* and *Agent* both colors looked so good but went on sheerer than expected. The consistancy is smooth and nice. Not heavy or sticky. However, after a while of wearing the gloss, I noticed that the gloss felt sticky and cloggy on my lips. Everytime I wear the gloss it gives me nasty lip flakes which really turns me off. I still wear them occasionally but I won't be re-purchasing.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

14 years ago

HG lip gloss. The consistency of this product is somewhere between Juicy Tubes and Lip Glass; it is slightly thick but glides on very smoothly and is not tacky at all. I think the wear is better than that of Lip Glass because although Lip Glass may last longer, let's face it: the last bit of the time it's just sticky and nasty. Smashbox, however, stays smooth feeling on your mouth, even after you eat and drink. And lastly, this lip gloss has NO FRAGRANCE. I absolutely HATE IT when a lip gloss has perfume because although it may smell nice initially, they all begin to STINK as the day wears on, and then that stink transfers to your water bottles. Last tip regarding this product: buy three for the price of one at Costco.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

1.0

14 years ago

I bought the real to reel kit, Im glad it was on sale @TSC I have always wanted to try smashbox nothing really impressed me that I would want to buy again.Pur Minerals lip glosses and eye shadows are better for the same or slightly less$

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairRed

14 years ago

Smashbox is my HG of lipglosses. They're smooth and creamy (even the ones with frost, none of the nasty grittiness of MAC), and not at all sticky though they do have decent wear for a gloss. The colours are nice and flattering with plenty of choices for all ends of the colour spectrum, from pale to dark, from cool to warm. They have no taste or smell and they leave a nice stain. 35MM is my favourite shade from them, a rich neutral rosey brown with neutral shimmer. I'll rebuy these over and over. Definitely worth it - and now sold at Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada!

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

14 years ago

I don't like these.I don't find the shades any more unique than a simple drugstore line,the texture is quite simple too and the worst thing is the packaging.It's so small so that you can think it's a mini-think those you can get within a set or something during holidays.And the price is almost the same with other regular but bigger size glosses? WTF? I wouldn't repurchase even it would be $1 or given me free,you imagine how I hate these.

About reviewer (601 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

I admit that I am a Smashbox lip gloss junkie! I just love the glosses. They go on so smooth and are neve sticky or dry or tacky (which I so dislike). They make my lips look and feel moist and I love the tons of colors they have. I don't even think that they are terribly expensive because the quality is so awesome. Love 'em!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Other

14 years ago

I may switch over from MAC to Smashbox! Smashbox pretty much solves the problems MAC has with me. It's not too sticky, or goopy. It has no fragrance or flavor. Lastly, it is layerable. You can apply several layers of the gloss without it looking too shiny or hyper pigmented. That goes with saying that Smashbox lipglosses are sheer, so, if you want a solid pigment, go with MAC or another brand, but if you want a sheer wash of pretty color, or a color you can layer, Smashbox is for you.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

14 years ago

I received a sample size l/g in Las Palmas and I am in love!! Smashbox's l/g have a great texture, smooth and glossy! I hate goopy glosses and this one certainly was NOT! Las Palmas is a great dusty mauve/purple color. It is creamy yet sheer! They staying power is great for a gloss as well! I loved it so much I just ordered the full size on "Lets do Lunch Thursday" on Smashbox.com! I am getting another sample with this order of a l/g called "Array". I am sure I will love that one too!! :)

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

from

14 years ago

Like others have said, the texture and shape of the gloss containers is great. They're no challenge to open even if your hands are covered in moisturizer. The gloss itself comes in a really nice range of colors that look good on a variety of skin tones, and they're not sticky or gooey like other brands. The pigmentation is perfect and the gloss looks nice both over lipstick, pencil, or on its own. For people like me who hate lipstick, but want a little more color and shine, these glosses are perfect.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool