The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I didn't like this product because of the fact that my lips feel drier after it wears off (which is in about an hour). I liked the smell, slightly pink sheer color, and packaging, but to me the fact that I need to apply more to hydrate my lips is not a good product.

on 5/8/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use to LOVE this, but I have found better alternatives.

on 2/7/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this lip butter for a few weeks now. So far I have no complaints. This works very well with the cold temperatures we've been having in NYC. Before this, I've been using medicated balms. I don't plan on going back to the old balms. The Body Shop's lip butter works perfectly fine! And the grapefruit smells lovely!

smells so good I love it!!!

on 12/24/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the sort of product that you see in store, and you buy it without thinking.

It smells amazing, it's in a cute little container, and if you love the body butter you should love this! ..not even close.

When you apply it to your lips you do feel as though there is a nice amount of moisture added. Be careful with how much you use though, often times when I use "enough" it translates to looking white on my lips. So it's something I can use at home! Although.. once it starts to vanish.. your lips are drier than before.

I love the smell, and love the packaging, but the product itself isn't great. I'm using up the container I have and never buying it again. If you like the smell, get the body butter, at least that stuff works.

I like products with grapefruit smell generally, and this one is not an exception. The smell is very yummy. The feel on the lips is nice too. The butter is quite thick in the jar, but applied to the lips it melts providing a milky glossy finish. If your lips have uneven texture the product might accentuate it.
I am not the fan of the packaging here as jars are not a very hygienic. I would rather prefer a tube to avoid using my fingers, especially when outside.
And lastly. Being a lip butter this product has poor moisturising properties.

on 7/4/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In my opinion, this product just isn't worth buying. The only reason I would use a lip butter is to moisturize my lips, and this does not do that. In fact, it might actually dry them out a little. It's also very expensive for the amount you get, even if it were an awesome product (which it isn't).

I bought it because it smelled really nice and I figured I'd treat myself with it. I'm currently on Accutane, so I need lip balm ALL THE TIME. I thought this would be moisturizing enough for day use (I use Aquaphor at night), but it was not at all. I actually find myself getting a little sick of the smell now too, which is weird because I love grapefruit scents. I think the smell is just a little too strong.

I gave the packaging a 2. Obviously I knew it was in a pot before I bought it, so can't criticize that too much, but it's not even a good pot – it's too narrow and deep. It's hard to get the pad of your finger on the product, especially if your nails are at all long. If I wanted to apply it with the very tip of my finger and had no fingernails, I could reach the product fine, but that's not an effective way to apply it. The pot isn't even full when you buy it. It starts down maybe 1/4". It's only going to get more annoying as I get further down in the product, and they start you off at a disadvantage by not filling to the top. It's also not something you can put in your pocket very easily because it's so deep.

I'm stupidly trying to use it up because it was so expensive and I don't want to feel like I wasted my money, but the fact of the matter is I did waste my money. It's not helping my lips AT ALL. Writing this review out made me realize it may be time to just throw this one away.

on 3/29/2013 10:53:00 PM

This is an amazing product. It smells exactly like a grapefruit, but it is not too strong. The packaging is great and it is very moisturizing. I love it!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the pale pink colour it left on my lips. I have a light skin tone with natural blush, so it was very flatering. I adore the smell, I love grapefruit! The texture is a litte wierd, kind of grainy, but it exfoliates lightly while you wear it, without flaking your lips. I liked how much came in the pot, and because of the srong smell, I dont use it very often, so it has lasted me a long time. I also alternate lip balms because it its much better then just using one religiously. Your lips will develope and immunity to your products if you dont change them up. All in all, I will be repurchasing, but maybe in a few different scents

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was okay for me. If you are thinking about buying this product, I recommend using it at least once every 1-2 weeks because it tends to dry out. This isn't the biggest problem for me, but I also found this to not be very moisturizing, and I also found that it left a whitish look on my lips. It smells really good, kind of like a fresh citrus scent, but I bought this product because I needed a good lip moisturizer and I find that there are better ones out there, so overall, I feel like this is a so-so product.

Popular Lip Treatments