Buff Puff

Buff Puff

4.8

Polyurethane polyester fibers

on 7/11/2014 12:13:00 AM

I bought this on a whim at Publix after becoming pregnant and getting a few hormonal bumps on my back. I thought I recalled in the back of my mind that these things worked wonders. For $4 bucks, why not? I used it once and it felt amazing with just plain Dial Gold Bar soap. What a lather and OMG I felt so much cleaner! Probably because all the nasty dead skin and oil was getting brushed away... Way better than a wash cloth or fingernails can do. Needless to say, my back looked & felt better in days. Use in conjunction with tea tree oil if pregged out and trying to clear your back or face without many harsh or unnatural chemicals that are bad for baby. Works beautifully for the glow!

on 10/13/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the individual Buff Buff pads and NOT the single, large sponge, which I've tried and dislike.

I was in love with my little Buff Puff pads for years and they were all I used. They do a good job exfoliating, but I recently discovered that I was using them much too vigorously, the result of which left the apples of my cheeks very red and irritated. I was always being asked what I was using for blush, although I didn't use any. I "thought" this meant my skin was being exfoliated properly, but unfortunately, what I was doing was scratching and tearing my tender skin every time I washed. Ouch! Stupidly, I did this for years until I realized what I was doing. If these little pads are used in the right way, though, they work really well at exfoliating. I used a gentle skin cleanser for mature skin or my old standby, Noxema, I ALWAYS had more than a few boxes on hand and convinced my daughter to start using them too. For a few years now, though, I can't seem to find them in ANY store ANYWHERE! I think they may have been discontinued because all I see now is the large single sponge. Amazon has them, but they end up being too expensive with shipping, so I was forced to find something else. I discovered a wonderful smelling, cream microdermabrasion exfoliator that is even more gentle and works as good if not better at getting rid of dead skin. It leaves my skin glowing! Per use, it will last longer and is cheaper to buy too. I've stocked up just in case!

on 10/13/2009 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Before there were Buff Puffs, I was taught to cleanse my face with an old worn towel and to exfoliate manually but gently.

When Buff Puffs were introduced into the market, I was probably one of the first to try this sponge.

There are many versions of Buff Puffs... normal, soft, body, face, etc. etc.

I love them all and have used them for two decades.. lol.

I only remembered to write about this because there is never a lack of Buff Puffs at home, travel or anywhere I remove my makeup, and last week I ran into an old college friend, who asked me if I had had facial surgery -- I still think I can hold out on these procedures. Why? Because I have been manually exfoliating my skin every day (softly) of my adult life. Obviously I have also used all sorts of creams, potions and lotions to make sure my skin was moisturized and supple (after exfoliation and especially at night). I don't discard chemical exfoliation, but sometimes these can go awry and make us spot (my case), break out and peel.

There are many secrets to having great skin (genetics is one uncontrollable factor), but manual exfoliation is easy, benevolent to the skin, and makes our skin receptive to moisture.

I will die with a Buff Puff in my hand.

on 6/30/2008 8:36:00 AM

There is no need to waste money on scrubs. Manual exfoliation with buff puff is quick and cheap! I use them on my face and body, and I couldn't be happier.

It's gentle, so you may not notice a huge effect right away, but give it a week or two. I used to use alpha hydroxy acid to smooth out my legs, but they're smoother now than they have ever been before.

Oh, I used to use Buff Puffs all the time! I haven't used them in awhile, primarily because I don't remember the last time I saw one.

From what I remember of these, they do a great job of exfoliating, and cleansing the skin.

Because what I used were individual, disposable, smaller little squares, it was easy to move them around my face and get the amount of makeup I wanted to get off my face, etc.

At the end of the day, I don't that these are a standout product in today's market, with the numerous types of disposable cloths, pads, etc. However, when I used these, they were great and hard to find anything else like them.

also, they were very easy to travel with - even easier than the common cloths and such you can find today. they scrunch up and you can just toss them away!