Buff Puff

Price: $

Polyurethane polyester fibers

on 10/19/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently bought the gentle facial version of this and I really like it. Personally I prefer mechanical exfoliation to chemical exfoliation. Normally I use a scrub, but I saw this in the store for $4.00 dollars and decided to give it a try. To use: I first apply cold cream to my dry face. Then I wet the buff puff and gently swipe it over my skin in a small circular pattern. Finally I wipe the cold cream off with tissues and add some soap to the buff puff and rinse it well. Then I lay it out to dry for next time. A little bit of toner and I'm done. Make sure you use this very lightly especially if you have sensitive skin. It's really easy to overdo it. Otherwise, I think a lot of people would get good results with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The Extra gentle version of this is an essential for me. I have been back to using full strength retin a for 2 months, after using Affirm 3X retinol cream for a few years. The retin a makes my skin peel up like crazy. Trying to think of a solution to remedy this problem while continuing to use the retin a, I recalled that when I used retin a twleve or so years ago when I was a teenager, I always used a Buff Puf when I washed my face. I found one at Ulta for about 5 dollars, and I've been in flake free bliss ever since. I use this with my Lush Coal Face soap. A few swipes of the bar one the wet sponge produces a very creamy lather, and I gently scrub my face. None of my favorite facial scrubs remove the flakes like the Buff Puf does. It rinses clean very easily, and I store it on a perforated soap dish with my Coal Face soap, away from the path of the water from the shower. It never smells funny to me. I replace it when it wears down, and lots of the fibers ball up on the surface of the sponge, which takes about a month.

on 10/13/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best $5 I have ever spent. I love my Buff Puffs. I use the extra gentle on my face everday and a sponge on my body too. The face Buf Puff removes all of the dead skin cells and takes away the dry patches. They do not last too long and you should keep refreshing them due to bacteria. This is skincare staple and I will buy this again and again...