wet n wild Tropez Flower Pot Lip Gloss

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A unique drugstore gem! The "flower pot" design is clever and cute-- and unlike embossing or overspray designs on lip products, it's built into the jar so it lasts the whole time you use the product.

The gloss is in pot form, not liquid, but unlike a lot of sticky solid glosses, it's just soft and smooth on the lips, very rich in lanolin and very soothing. Provides a lot of color and a lot of shine. I ADORE the shade "Bird of Paradise," a cool iridescent blue-pink-mauve that's just deep enough to work as a contrast with my fair, warm coloring. I haven't seen a shade like this anywhere except Lancome and NARS, and I like this formula better than theirs!

I also saw these reviewed in a fashion magazine and then shortly after purchased Baby's Breath at Kmart for 2 bucks. This is one of my favorites for a blusher and lip product. If these are ever discontinued, I WILL scour eBay and Biglots until I amassed a lifetime supply.

The texture is best described as a highly-pigmented gel. It's thick yet very blendable on both lips and face.

On the lips it has a juicy, vinyl finish that is healthy instead of sticky, while on the cheeks it is slightly dewy. The dewiness is very subtle, and adds a bit of defintion to my otherwise matte make-up without emphasizing pores. Yes, you read that right. Dewy. without. pore. enlargement.

Hold onto your panties, because it only gets better.

The color is what I like to call a "bright nude." It makes my lips and cheeks look simply pigment-kissed instead of painted. When worn together, the combined effect is a GODSEND for a sallow, corpse-lipped girl like myself.

The best way to apply this is to lightly skim your fingers over the product, apply the majority of product to your upper lip and then use the remainder on one cheek-apple, and then repeat for your bottom lip and other cheek respectively. You MUST apply powder to your cheeks BEFORE attempting to wear this as a blush.

Anyway, will repurchase again and again.