Chanel Hydramax tinted moisturiser SPF 15 SAND

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This tinted moisturizer has a fresh, clean scent that I really like, sometimes you can still smell it even after the product is applied. The consistency is quite thin and the coverage is very light. I think there are only two shades available, I am a NW15 and the sand one is a pretty good match. I mean, it's definitely too dark for me but because of the light coverage and thin consistency it can be blended to look quite natural (especially in the summer or when I use self-tanner). I like the tube but because it's white it can look messy. Won't repurchase because it's too dark for me but I'm glad I tried it.
I don't find it that much better than the Nivea TM (especially not considering this one is five to six times more expensive) but I have dry skin so perhaps this one is more suited for oily or combination skin because it's not that moisturizing.

I love it! It is a great product!
Spent ages looking for very light foundation but I wasn`t happy with any so I started looking for tinted moisturizer. I read reviews watched you tube, tested some in shop and purchased chanel hydramax. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a tinted moisturiser that will give a nice glow, without using 'illuminating particles' (which always look too sparkly in some lights), and this does the trick. It has a very nice finish, that makes you look dewy, but the product is practically invisible. I like really natural make up, so this is a definite plus! I can look at my skin up close in the mirror without being able to detect any make up. I don't use heavy coverage products, so I don't know how this fares in that area.
One thing is, the colour range is very limited. I think only 3 shades? The Sand shade is probably a good match for my skin in the summer, but right now, I am mixing it with my sunscreen to dilute the colour.
Otherwise, this tinted moisturiser is lovely, and I would purchase again.

EDIT: It becomes orange during the course of the day... Love the finish, not the colour anymore.

Great tinted moisturizer- the formula looks great on skin, adds a nice sheen...Can melt when it's too hot, and the packaging is hard to get the last bit out, but I like it. Very light. I tried BObbi Brown and this was so much better. NO break outs!

I wanted this tinted moisturiser as a summer alternative to foundation on those "casual" days when full on make up isnt needed.
The packaging is a nice clean looking square tube, the only downfall of the packaging though is its hard to get the last of the product out! Its simply too hard too squeeze it out when you get to the last little bit. Sometimes i cut the bottle open at this stage to save wasting any product.But then theres no way of preserving the moisturisers freshness after cutting it open so a little waste is inevitable!!
Im not sure if this moisturiser came in two or three shades, However sand is suitable for me as it gives a summer glow. If i were to use it all year round i`d buy a shade lighter. As the coverage is sheer concealer may be needed on any problem areas.
I get quite an oily t-zone especially in the summer months so wasnt sure a hydrating product would be right for me, but even though this product is rich in texture it seems to sink straight in! It has a pleasent non chemical smell. When squeezed from the tube the colour could look a little scary but amazingly seems to disappear into the skin beautifully.It doesnt state on the back of the tube if its oil free or not but to me it doesnt slide off my oily patches,so even if it does have oil in it i think it would be worth anyone with combination skin trying.
Its lasts for ages as you only need to use a little of it. I would re perchase when i need to because for something thats advertised as being hydrating it seems to do just that WITHOUT being greasy, heavy or taking ages to sink in!

Since I don't like full coverage liquid foundations this moisturizer is a very good alternative! It actually keeps the skin moist from morning until xx and gives the face a really nice smooth looking glow (not shiny!) without creasing or getting cakey. It smells fresh and flowery, so those of you who don't like smelly products should be aware that during application you get a good whiff of it! After application the (in my opinion very nice) smell disappears.
For a moisturizer the coverage is pretty heavy but still not as much as a "real" foundation.
Applies easily, I'm using my fingers but brush works as well. I tried to apply it with a wet sponge and achieved no good result. It does not make sense to apply oily products with a wet sponge since oil and water don't like each other. So brush and fingers or dry sponge go well for application.
Big con: In Switzerland only available in 2 shades (sand and a darker rather orangey shade) and the price.
Big pro: Works also for dry skins and gives a lasting result, no breakouts so far (and I tend to have them, oh yeah...!).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this TM. It has the perfect consistency and leaves my skin glowing without that heavy feeling. It also keeps my skin moistuized the whole day plus it prevents my skin from dry flakes (due to acne meds and winter) which most TMs (even my beloved MAC TM) accentuated. I also love the smell of this TM. The only problem I have is the colour. Being the lightest shade (in Canada), #10 Sable - Sand is too dark for my NC20-25ish skintone. I use a tiny tiny bit and mix it with my moisturizer and its much better but still a tad bit dark (hence 4 lippies). I guess it gives me a warm, healthy bronzey/tan glow. Won't re-purchase because of the dark colour. I wish Chanel would make this TM in a lighter shade for my skintone. I simply love this product but too bad no sale for me! The best part is its non-comedogenic too!

I wanted to love this TM after mostly favourable reviews, but alas I did not completely succeed. What I very much like about it is a feel of my skin after application--it becomes incredibly, miraculously soft and smooth.
Otherwise it's quite an ordinary product. It's rather thick and difficult to apply evenly. Besides, the Sand tint is not a perfect match for me, as it's a bit orange and creates a weird dirty-ish look (maybe I'm just too strict and nobody can notice it but me). My pores are huge and remain the same with this TM, it won't minimize them. I'm also not very much impressed by the scent, it is subtle but quite annoying.
Well, my conclusion is this TM does not meet my make-up expectations (which are really very moderate), but at the same time its good moisturizing properties suggest that I try Chanel's day cream Hydramax + Active.

I love this TM. High quality and Sand matches my skintone like nothing I've come across before!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't use base foundation, but have been curious enough to tiptoe into TM's. Am I ever glad that I did! This is so natural looking, but...better. It instantly hydrates and "perks up" my skin. This gives me an almost sporty glow, like I've just been out for a walk in the fresh air. It's sheer, but really does make a difference. It evens out my complexion without making me look or feel made up.