Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick in Rosy Wine

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been burned by Continuous Color lipsticks in the past: Toasted Almond turned outrageous orange, Really Red left a fluorescent fuchsia stain, French Toast was ghoulish gray.

But Rosy Wine just looked so pretty, and so unique, I had to spring for it. And I love it!! Maybe the formula's gotten better, but this one is color-true and lasts several hours. It's a somewhat unusual shade, a highly shimmery taupe/pink with soft creamy lavender tones. Not super-pale, but definitely adds a lot of pearly shimmer.

Here's the weird thing: Rosy Wine is listed on the CG website as a non-frost, warm toned shade. It is highly shimmery, and I certainly don't think of it as a warm shade. Although, I am a warm-toned PPP and it seems to harmonize better with my complexion than I would have expected with this kind of shade. It's very soft, feminine, and flattering, esp. with purple or lavender clothing. Really lights up the face, but I think it works best with blush and eye makeup rather than on its own (it's a bit pale for that).

Popular Lipsticks