Evening primrose oil

Evening primrose oil

4.1

on 11/30/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing this as a supplement taken internally as well as a topical skin care ingredient. Both have distinct benefits so do some research and ask your doctor or dermatologist. Love using EPO as a supplement.

on 11/30/2016 12:51:00 PM

Been suffering from acne since 2014, little did i know that my acne is due to hormonal imbalance. I have to thank the sales lady of that health shop that ive supposed to buy zinc supplement, (but still my acne is still all over my face even if i used zinc for 5 months though it worked 50%, still not contented) she offered me to try the evening primrose oil, she claimed that its good for the skin especially for acne that is due to hormonal imbalance and guess what? She never failed me. My acne has decreased to almost 90%, my skin is so plump and smooth to touch and its brighter even without make up. She's my hero and i will surely thank her the next time ill buy for a top up of the magical primrose oil.

I love it! Im taking 500mg 4x a day. I also put the oil in my face and its doubling the magic! Im so amazed. Thumbs up for this wonderful product. Will buy again.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/27/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just had to hop on and write a review. I have used EPO occasionally over the years to alleviate PMS and PMDD symptoms. I had ran out and my PMDD flared up which led me to start an unsuccessful cycle on YAZ birth control. In any case, I couldn't tolerate YAZ and it subsequently ended up aggravating my skin. So I purchased a bottle of EPO and decided to actually use the recommended dosage on the bottle (2 pills three times daily with meals).
Yesterday was day two of religiously taking these and I noticed as I was taking my makeup off that it seemed as though I still had makeup on even though it was all removed. My skin was drastically more calm, even toned and smooth. Holy shit, I hope this continues to work. This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. Also helps immensely with cramping, PMS and PMDD issues. Oh also, skin is less oily already.

on 7/9/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I take internally and externally and it's been working well. My pores have not been inflamed with acne in the past few weeks, and all I have left are some that are healing. It's amazing. This also works on your lips.

I have hormonal type acne all along my jaw line and the bottom of my cheek, so I tried the evening primrose supplements because any creams I put on top did nothing to help so my pharmacist recommended this. Ive been using an evening primrose oil supplement for a around 3 weeks now and I've seen amazing results, I'm using a drug store brand supplement. It was very cheap and only cost around €5 (not sure how much that is in dollars). I take 1 each day (1000mg) and since I've started my skin has cleared up and over the last few days I've had no new spots or breakouts. I would highly recommend trying this, if like my you've tried every type of cream and skin care product it's worth a try, it's worked wonders for my type of skin :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Background: I have oily, acne-prone skin, and am very prone to hyperpigmentation which makes my skin look worse than it actually is. I've recently moved back to a tropical-climate country after 3 years of uni in UK, and my skin's acting up like it has never been before. Of course, in an effort to 'look pretty', I wore loads of foundations and made everything much worse. I've stopped wearing foundation for almost a year now, and only wash my face with Neutrogena's facial wash. I moisturize around the eyes, but wear nothing else on an everyday basis (yes, not even sunblock. Everything breaks me out.)
---
I've been taking 4 Blackmore's EPO (1000 mg/ capsule) every day (2 in the am, 2 before I sleep) for the past week.
On the third day of taking it, I had two new pimples (whether or not this was caused by the EPO, I can't say. Like I said, I have acne-prone skin; although it did make me disappointed as I'd hoped I'd never get any again thanks to EPO). But I stuck through it, and today's day 7.
I woke up today with a kind of 'glow' on my skin- but my skin isn't oilier than usual. Its kinda hard to describe, since I still have hyperpigmentations, but my skin seems healthier somehow. I have not noticed a reduction in number of pimples/ redness/ hyperpigmentation, but its only been a week.

Will update as time passes!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I started using Evening Primrose Oil about 2 weeks ago. Initially, I had read about it helping with cramping and other side effects of being on your period so I started taking it about a week before my period. I took one capsule a day (Spring Valley Brand from Walmart at about 6$) and I also broke open a few capsules and added them to my rosehip seed oil to see how much of a difference it would make to apply it topically to my face. Before trying this method though, I opened a capsule and tested the consistency out on my wrist. Noticing that it is a dry oil that absorbs very quickly into your skin with an almost astringent quality, I realized that it would most likely be very safe to put on my face without too much risk of breaking out.

I definitely noticed less cramping and less boob soreness during TTOM so it certainly helps with that. After my period ended, I upped the dosage to 2 capsules instead of one and continue to apply a couple drops of my mixture of RHSO and EPO to my face twice a day after cleansing. My skin looks brighter, more hydrated but not oily. It has helped me find a good balance to my oily t-zone and drier areas of my face. I'm not sure about the anti-aging benefits as I haven't used this oil for long enough.
So far this oil has been great to use! No breakouts and it really seems to work very well with my oily skin when used alongside RHSO. Once these tablets are gone I am going to try out the organic version. I don't know about everyone else but I've noticed that the difference between the organic and non-organic oils is HUGE. Will write another review and compare the outcomes in the future :)

I was really excited to try this because of all the positive reviews. I've had breakouts since I was like 13 but in the last year or so my acne has progressively gotten worse (I'm 27). It's more persistent and more painful than ever. I've tried just about everything and had no luck. Birth control pills only make it worse...so I thought a natural hormone balancer such as this may be the answer. Since I started taking these (I take 2 1000 mg capsules a day) my face has been breaking out in places it never does! My chin is my main problem area but in the past few days horrible, painful zits have been popping up all over my cheeks and around my mouth. I don't know if this is the main culprit but I'm really disappointed. Everyone's skin is different, so it may work for you. Unfortunately, it didn't for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I just started to take the EPO orally 1300mg (by Solgar). I have a sensitive stomach and it didn't make me feel sick after taking it after breakfast like other suppliments. I'm taking Omega 3 Fish Oil as well an Olive Leaf Extract. I will Keep you People on track how this combination works.

on 7/2/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing Evening Primrose Oil as a supplement taken daily.

I read good things about hormonal acne and primrose oil online so I decided to give it a go. I am currently on birth control pills (orsythia) to help with my acne, but I still had monthly breakouts around my period. My dermatologist prescribed me spironolactone to help with this, but I never saw much of a difference and I had to get my blood drawn every 6 months for it, so I discontinued.
So I picked up primrose oil supplements at my local CVS and took one capsule daily (1000mg), and didn't see much of a difference. After a week I saw that you could take up to 2000mg a day, so I upped my dosage and saw AMAZING results! Literally the next day half of my hormonal breakout on my cheek was gone. While I'm still not 100% clear, this is definitely helping with my hormonal acne, and it's been helping my PMS symptoms as an added bonus!