Aveda Toning Mist

Aveda Toning Mist

3.4

on 8/3/2017 2:49:00 PM

This toner is advertised as being able " to help hydrate, firm and restore my skin's moisture balance" and after using it for 4 months I can definitely say it's doing nothing for my skin when it comes to those promises. I am not a miracle believer, but for 24$ I expected something more than a refreshing product with a nice smell.
The reason i am giving it 2 lipsticks instead of 1 is that I have used it to set my make up and it does a nice job. Still not worth the money of course.

on 6/14/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this stuff. it acts like a balancing toner that isn't harsh at all. i use it 2x a day morning and evening before my moisturizer. no stinging or irritation love it. would purchase again.

on 3/26/2011 11:41:00 PM

This is my all time favorite toner. If it weren't so expensive, I'd be buying this all the time rather than the Lush one. Love the smell, love how it makes my face look, love the smell... I know, I already said that. It really is one of my all time favorite Aveda products.

on 9/6/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product did not work for me at all. Sadly it broke me out horribly after about a week. :(

on 5/6/2013 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Refreshing and smells nice. Does not do anything for my skin. I enjoy the spray bottle and will reuse it for another brand of ros water that I like more.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product for 2 months and I've found it makes my face more tight and dry and a little red after using it. It has alcohol, witch hazel, and peppermint which I've read are sensitizing and problematic for sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've used half the bottle now and will try a Paula Begoun-recommended product like Clinique's Mild Clarifying lotion or one of the Paula's Choice toners because all of them seem to have alcohol or some other problem ingredient.
I still get breakouts using this in combination with the cleanser and will try something else soon.

on 6/3/2010 12:49:00 AM

I used to use this when I was a teen so I thought I would resort back to it because I love the smell and Prescriptives had discontinued its line.
The glass bottle is terrible packaging. The smell is fabulous. Its pricy and I didn't really notice any difference in my skin. I didn't experience any breakouts, I just didn't feel it gave my skin the "oomph" it was looking for.
I actually preference the Origins line over Aveda, which I am disappointed to say because Aveda products smell so fabulous. Origins United State toner made my skin feel and look awesome.

Love this toner! I purchased it after I got a treatment at a local salon and she used it during my facial and it was amazing. It smells like roses and I just lightly spray it over my face after I've cleansed my skin. It really made my skin brighter looking and I feel like it locks the moisture in better. Too bad it was so expensive, I'm not going to purchase more products from Aveda I think but this one is definitely a winner!

on 8/18/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this toner. Although I prefer to use this right after I use the Aveda botanical kinetics exfoliant. I feel as though this restores my skin back to normal. It also preps your skin for when you moisturize! I will repurchase this..and this whole line!!!

on 11/15/2010 7:37:00 PM

I use the Botanical Kinetics line religiously --- exfoliant, toning mist, & gel cleanser. They are all great products. This product in particular (toning mist) has helped reduce the amount of black heads that I get. LOVE IT!