L'Oreal VIVE PRO Nutri Gloss Med-Long hair DAMAGED

L'Oreal VIVE PRO Nutri Gloss Med-Long hair DAMAGED

4.2

Water/Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Red 33 (CI 17200), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Behentrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 6, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Fragrance/Parfum

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased these products that was on sale at my local store and I love them I am currently using them now and they do exactly what they say they do, mirror shine and cashmere touch. My hair feels fantastic after using this. Would repurchase but I never stay on 1 certain shampoo and conditioner to long like to switch it up a lot, but this stuff really does work good. It smells so nice and the smell isn't overpowering at all but it lingers and its a soft beautiful scent. And the consistency of both shampoo and conditioner is creamy like. Do recommend this product. This product is for the shampoo and conditioner, they're both good products!

on 11/18/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Fantastic product! My hair looks amazing after using both the shampoo and the conditioner. Great shine and softness. One caveat: Use a clarifying shampoo once a week when using this product, as it can cause build up.

on 10/23/2011 12:24:00 AM

I can't say enough good about this product (along with the matching shampoo) I bought it on a whim at Ulta one day because I had a coupon (you can also buy it at Walgreens for $3 on sale) & it is the BEST cleaning & conditioning product I have ever used on my hair! My hair is long & med thickness with a bit of wave to it & it can tend to get dry at times. Since I started using this my hair is SO SOFT, shiny, sleek... & it seems to stay clean longer- I can go for 2 days without washing & it wont look dirty...
my stylist has tried to convert me to high-end products by giving them to me & I try them for a couple days but nothing compares....

on 10/12/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This conditioner is a great value for the money. It performs just as well as, or better than, most salon products. My hair turns out bouncy, shiny and silky-smooth.

Would have been 5 lippies but I really dislike the scent, which is far to sugary-sweet and aritificial for my taste.

on 5/27/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG SHAMPOO&CONDITIONER. This is simply amazing. I was kinda scared to try this because it contained sulfates and silicones, but after using it...I LOVE IT. This eliminates every single little frizz from my hair. I dont even have to use any hair product anymore! And my flat iron? I haven't touched it in weeks! A little background knowledge on my hair: Its pretty wavy, and a little curly. I have it cut into layers starting above my ears, so it gets very voluminous. I used to curl and/ straighten my hair a lot before Nutri Gloss. Okay, so the first time i bought this, I rushed to the shower, and washed my hair with it. The shampoo itself is very creamy, and lathers okay. Not too much. The conditioner, i've noticed, smells a little like hair dye, but its not strong, and doesnt linger. It isnt very thick, so i suspct itll be fine for those fine haired gals. Anyways, I left the conditioner in for about 5-10 minutes, depending on how long my shower is. I rinsed it out, and let me tell you...MY HAIR FELT LIKE SILK! I was amazed! after my hair had air dried, i ran my fingers through, and i was simply amazed! It had never felt that soft before! This makes my hair uber shiny and soo soft, with no frizz at all! Even the redken all soft didnt make my hair this nice!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Great conditioner!

on 6/28/2010 9:12:00 AM

I gave this 4 stars because for only $5 it really did make my hair very shiny and bouncy; more shine than any other conditioner I've tried. However, I'm not a big fan of the strong, rosy scent (the kind that reminds me of grandmas), or the flimsy, leaky cap. There is also the fact that whenever I use it, my scalp itches like crazy! I may just be allergic to it, or my shampoo may be the culprit; will update this when I find out!

UPDATE(11/1/10): it's definitely the conditioner that's making my scalp itch. And after a couple months I didn't notice the same shine anymore, so I've switched to another conditioner.

on 5/31/2010 12:34:00 PM

So... I am a product junkie. I used to believe in expensive product, until... I found this at the grocery store last week! It was on sale for $3 a bottle and I had to get it with the $3 shampoo. For the last year I have been using Pureology (A very expensive, sulfate free shampoo and conditioner). For the last several months my hair has been getting harder and harder to manage. It felt like it was getting thicker every day even though I had just had it cut and texturized. I was about to go back to the hairstylist but instead by randomness I purchased this hot pink bottle and was thoroughly IMPRESSED. I don't know why or how but my hair feels amazing with this. It could be that it was just time to change hair care products but I am convinced for now that this the holy grail for my hair. It is stronger, shinier, and I can comb through it NO PROBLEM. I think this product is going to help me grow my hair longer. I've already recommended it to a couple of my friends. I've only been using it for a week, but so far it has given my hair more body and more shine than ever! My hair is starting to feel like how it did BEFORE I had my kids!!! PRICELESS.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Impressed! I used to use L'Oreal Vives when they first came out (cream bottle, orange cap!) and they were really good then. I tried the newer formulas awhile ago and they left my hair dry and difficult to detangle. I gave this another shot and it is very similar to their old vive formulas....easy to detangle, left my hair soft and very shiny....and I've been coloring for 20 years! Definite good drug store buy.

on 8/9/2009 12:22:00 PM

My experience with this product was mixed, and rather strange. I had a hard time deciding how many lippies to give it, because I liked it, but it did bad things to my hair.

As soon as I started using it, I liked it. It conditioned my color-treated hair well. It made it shiny. It smelled good. At first, things were fine. After a few months, my hair started to get a bit limp. As time went on, when I would blow dry with a round brush, or use a curling iron, my hair would not take any curl. I thought there was something strange going on with my hair, but didn't know what. I still was liking the conditioner, as it was still moisturizing well, and it seemed to be ok. At that time, my hair was longer and I wasn't getting it cut very often. Probably every 3 months. After about the 3rd visit while using this product, my stylist told me there was a weird coating on my hair. She asked if I changed hair color. I hadn't. I mentioned the trouble I was having with my hair. She said it was no wonder my hair wasn't holding a curl or having any body, because there was a thick tacky coating on my hair. I thought about what I was using that was different. I wondered if it was the conditioner. She told me to use a clarifying shampoo for a few days to get rid of the coating, and to quit using the L'Oreal conditioner. I did. I switched to Tresemme Color Thrive. Things changed rapidly. My hair was bouncy again, and took whatever style I wanted. I then decided to go shorter, so was back to the stylist sooner. She said my hair felt normal again. Since the only thing I changed during this time was the conditioner, we figured that had to be the culprit.

Since then, I have not used any more L'Oreal hair products. I don't know what ingredient did that to my hair, so I don't want to take a chance of having that problem again.