Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Tint SPF 15 in Burnt Sugar

No Image

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just swapped for this, and at first glance in the tube it looks purpleish brownish and very cool toned - not at all what i expected - however on my lips it is a sheer shimmer that i use to lessen the brightness of a lipstick. i find that by itself on my lips it is a slight shimmer with very little color at all. the formula is thick and not sticky or grainy, just smooth and shiny. i like it, this is not the greatest color ever for me, too bad cuz i love everything about the formula -except the color.

on 3/12/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love these BB Lip Tints SPF 15! I have many of the colors with Black Cherry, Posey Shimmer, Lily among my favorites - and of course Burnt Sugar! They all have SPF 15 which is a big plus, a fresh minty flavor, they come in an ultra-convenient slant tube (no mirror needed for touch-ups!), and lastly they are moisturizing with decent staying power. They do not stay on quite as long as BB's glosses, but nevertheless staying power is nice. Burnt Sugar goes on sheer and has some shimmer. The color of this Lip Tint is somewhat similar to its hugely popular, but sadly discontinued namesake, BB's Burnt Sugar Shimmer Gloss Stick: A mauvey, slightly plummy brown with shimmer. It lends a healthy, subtle hint of color to my lips, the shimmer optically plumps them a bit. For reference, I am a PPP with quite pigmented lips. I like to have one of these Lip Tints in every purse so I'm never without. Definite repurchase for me. Price currently $17 for .5 oz/15ml.