Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent

Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent
Face Powder in Translucent

4.4

Ingredients: TALC, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHA, May contain: ( TITANIUM DIOXIDE , IRON OXIDES, METHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, )

I would use this over any overly expensive face powder any day. This powder does its job, it mattifies and helps my foundation set and last. There is so much product that it lasts forever. Highly recommend as a cheap setting face powder.

on 2/18/2017 9:51:00 AM

I have been struggling to find a new powder to use when the one I've been using for more than a decade was suddenly discontinued! I tried a couple of others that were no good but decided to give this one a shot. This powder is even more amazing than the one I've been using forever... that is if what I'm wearing under it is completely dry. I cannot wear this during the day because I wear a sunscreen underneath - even though the sunscreen I use is not greasy and wears well under the make-up I used to use. But using this powder over top turns my skin very orange and makes it sting and itch. I also tried it over a light night cream and it made it orange but not as badly. But when I use a primer alone it's great.

So I have a question for everyone here - do any of you use a sunscreen underneath this that works nicely? I also have very sensitive acne-prone skin so everything I use has to be safe for that. I would really like to be able to use this for my whole routine and not just for evenings out. Help please? :)

My favourite powder! It sets my everything and keeps my oily face matte for most of the work day: longer than any other I've tried to date!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been wearing and loving this powder for a couple of weeks now. I was previously using the Laura Mercier translucent powder, and believe this compares beautifully as far as performance and texture. And the price? Unbelievable. This is one of those rare incredible steals in the drugstore aisles.

BUT...I have been suspecting that it leaves a fair bit of colour on my NC15 face, which is not nice in a translucent powder. I took a good look this morning in natural daylight, and holy oompa loompa, Batman! Sigh. I think it is adding colour and then further oxidizing on my face ending up about one to two shades darker and pinker than my skin. I would say if you are NW20 or higher, and maybe NC25 or higher then this could work for you, but keep your receipt and take a good look in the natural light after it has been on for a bit.

I am really disappointed that this isn't a keeper for me. I wish Marcelle would come out with a no added pigment version.

Edit: I just realized that this comes in two colours! And I had accidentally picked up "translucent medium". Duh! I am going to buy the translucent ASAP, and if there are no performance differences between the two shades, this will absolutely be my go to powder. I am bumping my review up to 5/5.

Edit #2: I have been using the translucent for quite some time now, and I still really like the performance of this powder, however, even the lighter shade ("translucent") will sometimes oxidize on my skin. I have to be very careful to use a small amount and blend thoroughly since any excess powder not well pressed into my base will oxidize leaving orange splotches on my skin. So I downgraded my rating to 4/5 stars again, and likely won't repurchase.

on 10/20/2016 3:06:00 AM

I bought this product randomly because it was a huge jar for a great price so I thought why not try it out. Reading the reviews here I guess I can offer a different perspective. I recently tried this powder out after finishing a different powder and it honestly doesn't work for me. I have oily skin and I find that after 2-3 hours my whole face is an oily mess. I use this powder on top of my moisturizer because I don't wear foundation just to set my face so I can blend my bronzer in better. I really wish this product had worked for me but of course everyone is different but honestly this product is great for the price. The packaging is like any other drugstore packaging. My only other complaint is that the color translucent is not actually translucent it has a color to it but it didn't show as any cast on my face.

This is my favourite powder! It does a beautiful job setting liquid foundation, keeps my face matte longer than any other powder, and never looks cakey. It's also a great price considering the amount of product you get. I've repurchased several times and will continue to do so :)

on 2/19/2016 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm starting this review by letting you know I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot because I've known about this powder for years and snottily walked by it, opting for the more expensive powders at Sephora so I can keep my VIB account in good standing. Not sure what made me buy this. Maybe it was on sale and I thought why not? Why not indeed. This is the best powder I've ever used. Ever.
I've got crazy oily skin and I know nothing is going to keep it completely matte. This powder goes on around 6:10am and I'm blotting around 11-11:30am. Not bad.
It's a giant-sized jar with a shaker top. I give it one shake, open the lid, dab my powder brush inside and buff into my face and keep going until I'm satisfied.
Been using it since September, almost everyday (I usually skip makeup on the weekends) and I've still got more than half the jar left.
No break outs. Doesn't oxidize. I used it over Marcelle's Matte BB Cream. Will repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I do like this translucent loose powder. I sort of feel like I'm obligated to like it, considering the size of the jar (2.4 oz...just trust me, it's a lot). So yeah, Marcelle gives you a ginormous amount of product, which is cool of them. The powder itself is not quite translucent, in my opinion. There is a hint of color to it, it's very neutral but it's there. It sets my makeup very nicely but I don't agree with Marcelle's claim that it "absorbs excess sebum"...if I don't use my Ben Nye Neutral set on top of this powder then my "excess sebum" definitely comes through my makeup after a couple of hours. It goes for around $15 I believe so not exactly cheap, but not too pricey. I'd recommend this especially for someone who is a beginner with loose powders and wants something that will simply set their makeup and give them a nice matte finish for a somewhat decent price.

on 1/28/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This powder is amazing - if you're not too pale with yellow undertones! It's definitely on the pink side and even though it says translucent it looks like I've washed a bit of orange underneath my eyes every time I try and set concealer with it

on 1/28/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This powder is essential to me and I use it every single day. I purchased it for $10 at Walmart which may seem expensive but the jar is absolutely huge and comes with 70g of product. I've had this powder for about six months and with daily use I've barely made a dent in the amount of powder.

I actually enjoy the shaker, but I find too much product can come out of the shaker. I taped half of the holes shut to limit the amount of powder that comes out.

I have NW45 skin and finding a translucent powder that doesn't give my skin a white cast is really hard. Thankfully this translucent powder is actually translucent and doesn't show up at all on my skin.

I love how light this powder feels and how smoothing it is on my skin. When I apply it over foundation it just smoothes and mattifies without making my skin look cakey. This is a great powder to set foundation with as I find this along with primer really bolsters the lasting power my foundations. This powder makes my skin look and feel as smooth as silk. I even enjoy using it on my bare skin as it leaves my skin with this beautiful, mattified, soft focus finish.

I really love this stuff and I'm glad I decided to try it. This is my HG setting powder, and I'm glad my search has finally ended!