Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent

Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent
Face Powder in Translucent

4.4

Ingredients: TALC, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT, May contain: ( TITANIUM DIOXIDE , IRON OXIDES, METHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, )

on 7/18/2018 12:44:00 PM

good product

on 7/18/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly can't fault the product because of my oily skin. For someone who has normal to dry skin and is looking for a powder, this would work very well.. I gave it to my friend who has normal skin and she likes it, where as she was having trouble with powders making her look dull prior to me suggesting to try this. With me it looks good at first but doesn't last more than a few hours before I am oily again.

I tried Laura Mercier and will continue to pay more to keep using that as it works better with my skin type.

on 7/1/2018 6:16:00 PM

Great setting powder, I'm a light to meduim coverage kinda girl, sets my LaNeige BB cream perfectly well. I have also used it with other foundations/bb Creams and I've never had a problem. Would recommend for a reasonably priced loose setting powder.

on 1/21/2018 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a gift set that included the City Tinted Cream, City Concealer, Translucent Loose Powder and Ultimate Fringe Effect Mascara in addition to the Tinted Cream (all in a large makeup bag) that was on sale 50% off so it was less than $18 CDN. Talk about a total score! The powder was a mini size but still a generous amount and since I rarely use powder (dry skin) so this will last me forever. It has a slight tint to it but does not impact or alter foundation shade whatsoever. I find this to be a decent face powder and generally like Marcelle products. I typically do not use powder so I wouldn’t have sought this out but having it as part of the gift set makes total sense. This is worth checking out if you are into loose powders.

I would use this over any overly expensive face powder any day. This powder does its job, it mattifies and helps my foundation set and last. There is so much product that it lasts forever. Highly recommend as a cheap setting face powder.

on 2/18/2017 9:51:00 AM

I have been struggling to find a new powder to use when the one I've been using for more than a decade was suddenly discontinued! I tried a couple of others that were no good but decided to give this one a shot. This powder is even more amazing than the one I've been using forever... that is if what I'm wearing under it is completely dry. I cannot wear this during the day because I wear a sunscreen underneath - even though the sunscreen I use is not greasy and wears well under the make-up I used to use. But using this powder over top turns my skin very orange and makes it sting and itch. I also tried it over a light night cream and it made it orange but not as badly. But when I use a primer alone it's great.

So I have a question for everyone here - do any of you use a sunscreen underneath this that works nicely? I also have very sensitive acne-prone skin so everything I use has to be safe for that. I would really like to be able to use this for my whole routine and not just for evenings out. Help please? :)

My favourite powder! It sets my everything and keeps my oily face matte for most of the work day: longer than any other I've tried to date!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been wearing and loving this powder for a couple of weeks now. I was previously using the Laura Mercier translucent powder, and believe this compares beautifully as far as performance and texture. And the price? Unbelievable. This is one of those rare incredible steals in the drugstore aisles.

BUT...I have been suspecting that it leaves a fair bit of colour on my NC15 face, which is not nice in a translucent powder. I took a good look this morning in natural daylight, and holy oompa loompa, Batman! Sigh. I think it is adding colour and then further oxidizing on my face ending up about one to two shades darker and pinker than my skin. I would say if you are NW20 or higher, and maybe NC25 or higher then this could work for you, but keep your receipt and take a good look in the natural light after it has been on for a bit.

I am really disappointed that this isn't a keeper for me. I wish Marcelle would come out with a no added pigment version.

Edit: I just realized that this comes in two colours! And I had accidentally picked up "translucent medium". Duh! I am going to buy the translucent ASAP, and if there are no performance differences between the two shades, this will absolutely be my go to powder. I am bumping my review up to 5/5.

Edit #2: I have been using the translucent for quite some time now, and I still really like the performance of this powder, however, even the lighter shade ("translucent") will sometimes oxidize on my skin. I have to be very careful to use a small amount and blend thoroughly since any excess powder not well pressed into my base will oxidize leaving orange splotches on my skin. So I downgraded my rating to 4/5 stars again, and likely won't repurchase.

on 10/20/2016 3:06:00 AM

I bought this product randomly because it was a huge jar for a great price so I thought why not try it out. Reading the reviews here I guess I can offer a different perspective. I recently tried this powder out after finishing a different powder and it honestly doesn't work for me. I have oily skin and I find that after 2-3 hours my whole face is an oily mess. I use this powder on top of my moisturizer because I don't wear foundation just to set my face so I can blend my bronzer in better. I really wish this product had worked for me but of course everyone is different but honestly this product is great for the price. The packaging is like any other drugstore packaging. My only other complaint is that the color translucent is not actually translucent it has a color to it but it didn't show as any cast on my face.

This is my favourite powder! It does a beautiful job setting liquid foundation, keeps my face matte longer than any other powder, and never looks cakey. It's also a great price considering the amount of product you get. I've repurchased several times and will continue to do so :)