no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Time to write a review! I was prescribed Klaron Lotion (generic) a year ago (12/2018) as a topical treatment for Perioral Dermatitis. Previously, I had cleared my PD with a strong round of Doxy, but it returned with a vengeance because I hadn't tapered my dosage, rather stopping cold turkey when my skin had cleared (2 months). So unfortunately I had to go back on the Doxy, and this time I combined it with topical Klaron Lotion. After my skin had cleared (again!), I tapered very slowly off the Doxy over a 4-5 week timeframe. This was almost a year ago and my skin has remained clear with the help of the Klaron, which I use almost daily. It's so gentle and mild I could use twice a day if needed! The texture is a very liquidy, clear lotion and it's completely fragrance-free. I am also prone to acne and mild rosacea and the Klaron helps with all of my (frustrating!) skin conditions -- a true workhouse and one I cannot be without! I’m also a big fan of MetroGel 0.75% (generic), which I find effective on my mild rosacea but not my PD.

About reviewer (627 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I use to use this before my rosacea & it worked well for me. This was probably the most gentle, effective acne rx there was for me. Now that I have rosacea, my skin hates it. I feel tightness, burning & stinging. Some people with rosacea do well with it, but ymmv????

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I have rosacea was getting pimple/blemishes all the time. Was using low dose minocycline to keep it under control. Since i started using the generic of this lotion, i have not had one blemish in over 6 months and that's without using the minocycline. No need to take it anymore. This lotion is amazing! Wish i knew about it a long time ago. Would have saved me a lot of grief.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

This stuff is aces for my acne + thinning, aging skin issues. I battled hormonal acne since my teens, which escalated to cystic acne in my 20's. A 6mo course of Accutane put it in 'remission' for a few years, but when it returned, I had the additional complication that was increased hypersensitivity to UV rays, topicals, spicey food, you name it. Instead of putting me on another course of Accutane, my derm perscribed this along with a low dose rx of tazorac. Pros: Cosmetically elegant, lotion consistency, sinks right in No smell No irritation, non-drying (not like benzoyl peroxide) Most times works overnight to calm down whatever 'special flare-ups' arise Good value: >Small amount covers entire face, which means... >A 4oz/118ml bottle lasts well over a year. Well worth my $40 co-pay, considering what most of us shell out for cosmeseuticals. >Furthermore, for those enrolled in an emloyee 'cafeteria plan' for medical expenses, you can budget accordingly as Klaron should be eligible for reimbursement. Cons Perscription only, but if you are already seeing a dermatologist, it really isn't. I found Klaron to be effective for my spectrum of acne problems, from moderate rosacea flare-ups to those painful, cystic 'grudge zits'. If you are under a doctor's care for your skin issues, ask about samples to see if it brings any relief (+ have a perscription at the ready if it does) For those starting a rx retinoid routine for aging skin, ask about adding Klaron to your routine in anticipation of any 'purging/adjustment phase'. HTH & remember, daily UVA/UVB protection, face, neck, decollatage (even on cloudy days)!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

7 years ago

What an amazing addition this was to my current hormonal acne problem. Never before have i had blemishes until after i had my daughter at the age of 32, and now it has been an on going battling which now i believe i am finally winning. As many suggested, i am currently on birth control (recently put on), clindamycin disposable pads in the am, and i alternate with Klaron lotion (prescribed the generic Sodium Sulfacetamide 10%) and Differin .3% gel at night. I feel once the Klaron lotion was given to me in about a weeks time i saw a dramatic difference! Wonderful product, i dont know why more people dont get put on this medication by their dermatologist. I have read people getting Accutane before even getting this lotion which is crazy, considering how dangerous Accutane is especially for the liver & having to get all the monthly blood test. Anyway, this lotion has also worked wonders for me as well!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Have used this for my rosacea about 10 years. Could not tolerate metro gel and cream. This keeps my rosacea redness and breakout totally under control. The last few years I have used the generic with the same great results. Another plus is that is is cosmetically elegant and my foundation goes over it without any problem.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This is god's gift to anyone with acne. I've struggled with acne since age 10, went through a bunch of prescription meds, finally found this at age 22 and never stopped using it. My skin is now COMPLETELY CLEAR most of the time - I literally only get 4-5 cystic acne a year, versus 4-5 a week previously. Sometimes I can feel a pustule about to form, and I apply this and it's gone overnight. I am now who I never thought I'd be - one of those girls with perfectly clear skin! Added benefits: it's not drying, not oily, and does not bleach sheets! No one should have to struggle with acne. FYI, if you're looking to control hormonal acne, here are the products that I've found to help. -Birth control - I'm using Yaz and I love it! Accounts for ~50% improvement in acne. This works because apparently a lot of my acne is hormone-driven! -10% sulfacetamide - accounts for ~40% improvement in acne. I use this morning and night. -Differin (adapalene) - ~10%. I used to use stronger retinoids such as Tazorac but this is much more gentle - no redness or irritation at all. -Duac - use only very occasionally for spot treatments. If I overuse, I get a bit of irritation. This product will change your life. Get on it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

save my life. thankyou.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

Klaron is great the first time you try it. I first used it back in 2004 before I did a course of Accutane. It was a gentle formula and it seemed to decrease bacteria on my skin, hence fewer breakouts. I recently tried it again and found that it doesn't do much- I guess my skin has become resistant to the sodium sulfacetamide (and no I don't take a vitamin with PABA in it). If you've never used Klaron by all means try it- the generic makes it very affordable. Just be aware that any antibacterial topical may eventually beome ineffective as bacteria mutatates and become resistant. Newer topicals combine antibacterial agents with benzoyl peroxide or a retinoid to decrease the risk of bacterial resistance. I have now found much success with tea tree and neem oil.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

11 years ago

After trying literally EVERY acne product on the market, even Accutane, my chin/mouth acne kept coming back. I'm 23/f. I take such good care of my skin so I hated having acne, I didn't deserve it! Last summer,after reading reviews of Klaron, I asked my dermatologist to prescribe it to me....... WOW! WOW! WOW! Since then, I've had like 3 pimples. This stuff is seriously amazing. How do more people not know about it?

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24