DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.8

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it -- my hair felt coated, not clean, and weighed it down -- but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. No Poo doesn't lather and is super creamy, which I love. My hair is about shoulder length and wavy, and to work best, I've found that I need to use a *lot* of the No Poo, and make sure my hair is soaking wet just prior to application. I use in conjunction with One Condition.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, I waited 4 months to write this review so I could give an accurate review that I felt had some experience backing it up ;)
At first I really struggled with it. I liked it, then I hated it. I could NOT decide! Until...I figured out my hair. My hair is loose curly, not coarse, not thick. But not really fine either, just normal. Also, when I first started using it, I was not scrubbing my scalp like I needed to. That is key for me!
First I have to rinse my hair REALLY well to get most of the product out...then "wash" it with the no poo. I mean, scrub & rub it around just like I used to do with my lathering shampoo. Then, again rinse it REALLY well. Now, the second time I "wash" it, I focus more on the ends. Then rinse well again. Most of the time I don't even need the one condition because the no poo shampoo leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and I'm afraid it will weigh it down. I use the devacurl styling cream and LA Looks strong hold gel (which is silicone and sulfate free, and cheap to boot) before blowing dry. My hair looks healthy, bouncy & amazing, even though I've abused it with color & highlights for the past 10 years.
One thing I want to add that makes a big difference - I wash with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo once a month. And, I wash my hair with the no poo every 2-3 days, not every day!

Good luck!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. It does take some adjusting, but now that I'm used to it, would never go back. My hair can easily go three days between washes, and that has never been the case before. It does take quite a bit more product than other salon brands, but because I can go longer between washes, I feel it balances out.

I have wavy hair, and use this along with One Condition and Ultra Defining Gel

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I would give this all fives, but I only had a sample enough for one use. I have very long hair. I did really enjoy the sample. Felt great. Tamed curls.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this, but it didn't work out for me that well. My hair felt like it had a film despite my efforts to work the product in and rinse as many times as possible. Just felt very greasy. It smells nice and will probably be better for those with coarse, dry hair or with high porosity. I think I'll give the low poo a try to see if my hair responds better to that. It does have a creamy consistency and doesn't irritate my scalp. I'm not buying this again and will pass it on to my sister who has thicker and tighter ringlets than I do.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best shampoo I have ever used. Leaves my fine, curly hair soft, manageable and with clearly defined curls. No product build-up, so gentle and environmentally friendly. Terrific.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It was hard to believe product called, No Poo. Sounds like something you'd find in the antacid aisle. Thing is, I am a curly and one that needs to wash everyday if I am wearing it curly. So this seemed like it'd fit the bill. It is one of the best detanglers I have ever used. Thats what the 3 lippies are for,the whole No Poo thing? Eh. Oddly enough a product that is supposed to be for curls actually just weighed me down within a few days. More like No-Clean. Heard good things about the One C. Maybe I'll try that.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to love this line of products...
Hands down, the worst line, for my hair, that I've ever used. I used this shampoo this morning for the first time after much reading, and excitement to try it. I bought a trial kit at Ulta yesterday. The smell of this shampoo, the texture, and the after effects couldn't be any closer to Pond's cold cream than if I had scooped THAT out of the jar instead of squeezing this out of the bottle. Honestly, I would swear it was Pond's. BUT, I pressed on determined to give it a go. I followed with the One Condition conditioner and although the smell was better than the shampoo, and had a bit more 'slip' to it, it did nothing to condition my hair. Once I was ready to step out of the shower, I aaaaaaaaaalmost grabbed my clarifying shampoo to get this crappy film off my hair, but I thought, "No...just finish what you started." So after leaving my hair up in a towel while I applied my make-up, I gently combed through it as I normally do only to find JUST as many tangles as always if not more. I followed with the AnGel gel which was thick, not runny, but once rubbed in my palms, felt more water based than gel based. Then I diffused it dry and followed with the Set It Free spray. The result...my hair is flat, feels incredibly greasy and coated, and STILL TANGLED. I had to wear it up today because I didn't have time to rewash. My scalp is itching and my hair feels disgusting. I have thick, but fine wavy hair....this is clearly in no way a good line for me....my search continues.