DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

2.8

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It left my hair moisturized and clean. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling) and menthol. This also left the top of my hair pretty frizz free upon drying with nothing added. Overall I enjoyed this and the performance of the cleansing aspect. This was more of a success in my eyes than the one condition, but still didn't leave me in love. While I did like this product, I needed to love it to keep it for the price. I'm going to try a few other cheaper options and see how they play out. I may return to this if I don't find something that compares.

Edit: I went back and tried it for a longer period of time and had a horrible reaction. No poo is probably not the method for me. I ended up with a scalp reaction - zits/cysts, scabs, and lots of buildup. I tried giving it a bit more time to see if it would clear up, but the issues got worse. After going back to a shampoo these issues cleared up and have not returned since. I will not be trying this cleanser again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked how this cleanser worked, left my hair feeling clean without being stripped. Tamed my curls pretty well using Devacurl One-Condition after No-Poo. The only complaint I has is that it doesn't smell that great, kind of chemically. I do have a sensitivity to smells and this one can give me a headache from time to time, but I still use the product, just disguise the smell by using a touch of another better smelling product to mask it. II have wavy- to loose spiral-ish crazy curls that are very prone to frizziness and breakage. This product has worked better than most all of the others I've tried....and I've tried A LOT.

I have wavy, medium hair. I used this bc it's gentle on the hair and is also good with damaged hair. I have had my hair colored and bleached more than the reg. DevaCurl makes my hair feel healthy and soft.

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin, but I haven't had an acne problem for decades. Deva no poo has my face, scalp, and body a mess. I finally went to a doctor and was diagnosed with acne rosacea, so 'unique looking of a case' that he asked to take pictures of my face. Something in this product does not agree with me. The only other thing that has ever made me break out since adulthood is Philosophy products. I'd say be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin.
Also, I have more hair loss when I use this in combination with other Deva products. Over time, my hair actually seems dull.
The smell is great and I loved this product at first.

I used this for awhile on my curly/wavy hair and had good results as far as no more frizz, but the itching was horrendous. I then switched to Wen and that was ok until Winter came, and then I developed itchiness (milder than with DevaCurl) and flakes. I don't see that either product recommends a clarifying shampoo every month or so, as many boards do. Off to research cleansing conditioners some more. Ugh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

1. You do have to use a generous amount, more than with a regular shampoo, so keep that in mind when deciding if it is economical or not for you.

2. It does cleanse the scalp very well, while maintaining moisture through the length of the hair. I always have amazing looking hair when I use this, or the other no-poo

3. The NO poos, but NOT THE low-poos, have peppermint oil in them in a significant amount. I have rosacea prone sensitive skin, but my scalp like the oil. So when my hairdresser uses this on me, all is great since it only gets on my scalp. When I use over the sink myself, my face gets irritated. When I use in the shower....it runs down everywhere else and irritates other sensitive parts.

If I could only find a way to use these cleansers without the runoff hitting the parts of my skin that are simply too sensitive to be exposed to peppermint oil, I would stop looking for hair cleansers. or MAYBE they could take the peppermint out of these? Because while it is nice to have awesome hair, it really doesn't look that great with a blotchy face

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying DevaCare Low Poo with not so good results, I decided to give DevaCurl No Poo a try as it does not contain wax. So far I really like this. Excellent detangling and my hair feels very soft (and clean ;).

EDIT: And, after using this a bit more, my hair hates it. TOO heavy for me.