DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I like this product. It is like other no-poo routines I have done. There is no lather, and your hair does not feel "clean" (read: stripped). I do find it a bit overpriced, but if you want no-poo and can't or don't want to make your own stuff, this works well as well, and it smells good.

However, you MUST give it two weeks. For a week or two, your hair will feel greasy and heavy because your scalp is overproducing sebum (oil) to compensate for the stripping action of regular shampoo. Once your scalp realizes that you aren't stripping it anymore, it will drastically reduce sebum production and your hair will feel normal and probably healthier and richer than before, but it will never feel the same as with regular shampoo.

A huge pro is that once you are accustomed to this, you can wash your hair less frequently, saving time, money and water.

I just wish they were clearer about this on the bottle. A lot of people will expect it to work like regular shampoo and thing it's a crappy product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This sulfate free, cruelty free shampoo is a good choice whenever my blonde highlighted hair starts to look dry and dull. It's a very gentle shampoo. Like other sulfate free shampoos, there's not much lather to speak of, but it doesn't over-strip the hair when I wash with it. I usually buy this in the travel size along with a travel size conditioner. I find that most hotel shampoos are too harsh and drying, and in my vacation photos I don't want my hair to look fried and frizzy. My hair feels soft after I use this together with the conditioner. The name "No Poo" isn't the best moniker, but I've bought the product several times and am eager to try the new Decadence version, which is supposed to be more moisturizing. I like to have two or three shampoos in rotation to prevent build-up on the hair.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora site:

-Peppermint Oil