DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.2

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, I waited 4 months to write this review so I could give an accurate review that I felt had some experience backing it up ;)
At first I really struggled with it. I liked it, then I hated it. I could NOT decide! Until...I figured out my hair. My hair is loose curly, not coarse, not thick. But not really fine either, just normal. Also, when I first started using it, I was not scrubbing my scalp like I needed to. That is key for me!
First I have to rinse my hair REALLY well to get most of the product out...then "wash" it with the no poo. I mean, scrub & rub it around just like I used to do with my lathering shampoo. Then, again rinse it REALLY well. Now, the second time I "wash" it, I focus more on the ends. Then rinse well again. Most of the time I don't even need the one condition because the no poo shampoo leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and I'm afraid it will weigh it down. I use the devacurl styling cream and LA Looks strong hold gel (which is silicone and sulfate free, and cheap to boot) before blowing dry. My hair looks healthy, bouncy & amazing, even though I've abused it with color & highlights for the past 10 years.
One thing I want to add that makes a big difference - I wash with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo once a month. And, I wash my hair with the no poo every 2-3 days, not every day!

Good luck!

I'm not sure what these other reviewers are talking about. This stuff ROCKS!!!! I have combination hair (curly and thinner on top/front and stick straight and thick in the back/underneath). Most shampoos screw with my hair, making part of it dry and the other just fine (this changes depending on the brand).

DevaCurl No Poo is the only one that turns my combo hair into one fine head of hair that all works together.

I just think people aren't used to shampoo that doesn't get sudsy and perhaps they aren't rinsing it out as well as they should.

I love this shampoo (and conditioner). It has saved my naturally brittle hair (also highlighted) from repeatedly breaking off when I sleep. I rarely blow dry or heat style my, and it would still get "crispy". I have used Pureology, Joico, Tigi, Neuma...you name it I've tried it and this has helped keep my moisture level high which make my hair softer, and shinier!!

I like this product. It is like other no-poo routines I have done. There is no lather, and your hair does not feel "clean" (read: stripped). I do find it a bit overpriced, but if you want no-poo and can't or don't want to make your own stuff, this works well as well, and it smells good.

However, you MUST give it two weeks. For a week or two, your hair will feel greasy and heavy because your scalp is overproducing sebum (oil) to compensate for the stripping action of regular shampoo. Once your scalp realizes that you aren't stripping it anymore, it will drastically reduce sebum production and your hair will feel normal and probably healthier and richer than before, but it will never feel the same as with regular shampoo.

A huge pro is that once you are accustomed to this, you can wash your hair less frequently, saving time, money and water.

I just wish they were clearer about this on the bottle. A lot of people will expect it to work like regular shampoo and thing it's a crappy product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin, but I haven't had an acne problem for decades. Deva no poo has my face, scalp, and body a mess. I finally went to a doctor and was diagnosed with acne rosacea, so 'unique looking of a case' that he asked to take pictures of my face. Something in this product does not agree with me. The only other thing that has ever made me break out since adulthood is Philosophy products. I'd say be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin.
Also, I have more hair loss when I use this in combination with other Deva products. Over time, my hair actually seems dull.
The smell is great and I loved this product at first.

I have thin, straight hair that's a mix of fine and coarse hairs, prone to frizz, and the ends are as dry as the sahara while my scalp is usually oily. I'm pleasantly surprised by how great this shampoo is for my hair. I do find that after about 4-5 washes my hair starts to feel a bit tacky, weighed down, and weird.. but I deal with this by also washing every now and then with a gentle shampoo. Since I've begun using this product, the hair near my scalp feels softer and less oily, and in general my hair looks a lot healthier and less frizzy. A spritz of dry shampoo adds body back on days when my thin hair is a bit too moisturized and flat.

This product doesn't suds-up, which is why it's so gentle, but that means you need to change how you wash your hair. I wet my hair thoroughly, use a big dollop (like two to three tablespoons' worth), and basically give myself a scalp massage. When I'm done I let it sit on my hair for a few minutes while I do other things, then I rinse thoroughly, again making sure to massage my scalp. It takes a bit longer to do than washing with regular 'poo, but it's worth it.

During the first few weeks of using DevaCurl No-Poo, I did develop some hard little pimple things at random spots on my scalp, but those went away fairly quickly and haven't returned.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

I tried the deva cut and the no poo shampoo and the conditioner and I have mixed feelings about it. My curls are a bit more defined, but still frizzy and dry. The cut gave me a ton of volume. In order to detangle in the shower I feel like a massive amount of hair comes out, and I have a ton of build up in my scalp. I do not use the gel with it so I still use mouse and hairspray and so maybe it is not meant to be used with those products. Still I am bit a frustrated since I bought the 40 dollar bottles and my hair just feels dirty when I use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked how this cleanser worked, left my hair feeling clean without being stripped. Tamed my curls pretty well using Devacurl One-Condition after No-Poo. The only complaint I has is that it doesn't smell that great, kind of chemically. I do have a sensitivity to smells and this one can give me a headache from time to time, but I still use the product, just disguise the smell by using a touch of another better smelling product to mask it. II have wavy- to loose spiral-ish crazy curls that are very prone to frizziness and breakage. This product has worked better than most all of the others I've tried....and I've tried A LOT.

I have wavy, medium hair. I used this bc it's gentle on the hair and is also good with damaged hair. I have had my hair colored and bleached more than the reg. DevaCurl makes my hair feel healthy and soft.

Popular Shampoos