DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

2.3

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It left my hair moisturized and clean. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling) and menthol. This also left the top of my hair pretty frizz free upon drying with nothing added. Overall I enjoyed this and the performance of the cleansing aspect. This was more of a success in my eyes than the one condition, but still didn't leave me in love. While I did like this product, I needed to love it to keep it for the price. I'm going to try a few other cheaper options and see how they play out. I may return to this if I don't find something that compares.

Edit: I went back and tried it for a longer period of time and had a horrible reaction. No poo is probably not the method for me. I ended up with a scalp reaction - zits/cysts, scabs, and lots of buildup. I tried giving it a bit more time to see if it would clear up, but the issues got worse. After going back to a shampoo these issues cleared up and have not returned since. I will not be trying this cleanser again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This sulfate free, cruelty free shampoo is a good choice whenever my blonde highlighted hair starts to look dry and dull. It's a very gentle shampoo. Like other sulfate free shampoos, there's not much lather to speak of, but it doesn't over-strip the hair when I wash with it. I usually buy this in the travel size along with a travel size conditioner. I find that most hotel shampoos are too harsh and drying, and in my vacation photos I don't want my hair to look fried and frizzy. My hair feels soft after I use this together with the conditioner. The name "No Poo" isn't the best moniker, but I've bought the product several times and am eager to try the new Decadence version, which is supposed to be more moisturizing. I like to have two or three shampoos in rotation to prevent build-up on the hair.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora site:

-Peppermint Oil
-Balm mint
-Chamomile

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When i first went curly, the DevaCurl products were amongst the first that I tried. All that I can say that if you have very dry, naturally curly hair (and especially if your Black or mixed with Black (like I am), i definitely recommend goung with another line. The DevaCurl line of products made my hair drier than before I actually started using them. Plus, I didn't find them to be really curl defining either. They eventually made my curls begin to feel like straw. And, this cleanser happens to one of the reasons why. It doesn't have a pleasing smell, is like using lotion to cleanse your hair, and has 0 moisturizing qualities to it all. It was a total fail for my curls!