DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.8

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I have thin, straight hair that's a mix of fine and coarse hairs, prone to frizz, and the ends are as dry as the sahara while my scalp is usually oily. I'm pleasantly surprised by how great this shampoo is for my hair. I do find that after about 4-5 washes my hair starts to feel a bit tacky, weighed down, and weird.. but I deal with this by also washing every now and then with a gentle shampoo. Since I've begun using this product, the hair near my scalp feels softer and less oily, and in general my hair looks a lot healthier and less frizzy. A spritz of dry shampoo adds body back on days when my thin hair is a bit too moisturized and flat.

This product doesn't suds-up, which is why it's so gentle, but that means you need to change how you wash your hair. I wet my hair thoroughly, use a big dollop (like two to three tablespoons' worth), and basically give myself a scalp massage. When I'm done I let it sit on my hair for a few minutes while I do other things, then I rinse thoroughly, again making sure to massage my scalp. It takes a bit longer to do than washing with regular 'poo, but it's worth it.

During the first few weeks of using DevaCurl No-Poo, I did develop some hard little pimple things at random spots on my scalp, but those went away fairly quickly and haven't returned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked how this cleanser worked, left my hair feeling clean without being stripped. Tamed my curls pretty well using Devacurl One-Condition after No-Poo. The only complaint I has is that it doesn't smell that great, kind of chemically. I do have a sensitivity to smells and this one can give me a headache from time to time, but I still use the product, just disguise the smell by using a touch of another better smelling product to mask it. II have wavy- to loose spiral-ish crazy curls that are very prone to frizziness and breakage. This product has worked better than most all of the others I've tried....and I've tried A LOT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

1. You do have to use a generous amount, more than with a regular shampoo, so keep that in mind when deciding if it is economical or not for you.

2. It does cleanse the scalp very well, while maintaining moisture through the length of the hair. I always have amazing looking hair when I use this, or the other no-poo

3. The NO poos, but NOT THE low-poos, have peppermint oil in them in a significant amount. I have rosacea prone sensitive skin, but my scalp like the oil. So when my hairdresser uses this on me, all is great since it only gets on my scalp. When I use over the sink myself, my face gets irritated. When I use in the shower....it runs down everywhere else and irritates other sensitive parts.

If I could only find a way to use these cleansers without the runoff hitting the parts of my skin that are simply too sensitive to be exposed to peppermint oil, I would stop looking for hair cleansers. or MAYBE they could take the peppermint out of these? Because while it is nice to have awesome hair, it really doesn't look that great with a blotchy face

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

INSTANT detangling. Seriously, no other hair product has ever done this. Just a tiny bit of this "shampoo" and some water and all my tangles are unravelled. I've tried *so* many detangling shampoos, conditioners and styling products and none come close to this. Gentle, doesn't dry my hair out, smells good. I love it. Jessicurl makes a similar product "Hair cleansing cream".

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance.