DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I am really surprised that I liked this..It felt weird to use since it does not lather up...felt more like a thick conditioner. Rinsed out nicely and didn't leave my hair feeling stripped or overly greasy. The next day my hair was mega greasy though :( for that reason I won't be repurchasing

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it -- my hair felt coated, not clean, and weighed it down -- but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. No Poo doesn't lather and is super creamy, which I love. My hair is about shoulder length and wavy, and to work best, I've found that I need to use a *lot* of the No Poo, and make sure my hair is soaking wet just prior to application. I use in conjunction with One Condition.

So I've repurchased this...I feel like I've already committed to not using shampoo, so why not? It goes a long way and it gets me to massage my scalp more. I've been using it for 7 months, I think.

My hair has grown long. I think it has evened out the sebum production. I haven't noticed any change in frizziness, or shininess.

I leave in my conditioner for 5 minutes and use a microfiber hair towel. So I feel like I'm doing everything right. I put in more leave in conditioner as my hair dries. They sent me a free sample of the hair gel, and I liked that.

Also the faint smell is nice, smells like baking soda and a hint of herbs.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This sulfate free, cruelty free shampoo is a good choice whenever my blonde highlighted hair starts to look dry and dull. It's a very gentle shampoo. Like other sulfate free shampoos, there's not much lather to speak of, but it doesn't over-strip the hair when I wash with it. I usually buy this in the travel size along with a travel size conditioner. I find that most hotel shampoos are too harsh and drying, and in my vacation photos I don't want my hair to look fried and frizzy. My hair feels soft after I use this together with the conditioner. The name "No Poo" isn't the best moniker, but I've bought the product several times and am eager to try the new Decadence version, which is supposed to be more moisturizing. I like to have two or three shampoos in rotation to prevent build-up on the hair.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora site:

-Peppermint Oil
-Balm mint
-Chamomile

I have "Botticelli" curls, medium length and super highlighted. My hair tends to go very dry ( par for the course with curls ) and I used to have to wash every day to tame. I spent years hating my curls, straightening them with an iron fist ( lol ) until I finally found a great cut and this poo.

At first its really hard to get used to the no lather, and having to super rinse, but my hair now has the most beautifully defined curls that have people actually stop me to talk about. I follow with the one conditioner, don't rinse that completely out, then scrunch towel dry with a microfiber cloth. The way this does for my unruly hair, I will NEVER switch, who would end a perfect love affair?

Side note, once a month I use the AG silver shampoo to 'shock' and tame down brassiness, though the no poo has never left me overly brassy like other curl shampoos ( cough cough Ouidad cough )

There are great 'how to' vids for this line on youtube to boot :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. It does take some adjusting, but now that I'm used to it, would never go back. My hair can easily go three days between washes, and that has never been the case before. It does take quite a bit more product than other salon brands, but because I can go longer between washes, I feel it balances out.

I have wavy hair, and use this along with One Condition and Ultra Defining Gel

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

I use this shampoo for my 3b hair. I really like it, but it doesn't have enough cleansing power for me. So what I do is use Organix Macadamia Oil Shampoo first which cleans my oily scalp but is still sulfate-free. Then I use the No Poo and follow up with One Condition. This shampoo sort of washes away the drying feeling of the Organix and gives me a good base before I put on the One Condition.

I used this for awhile on my curly/wavy hair and had good results as far as no more frizz, but the itching was horrendous. I then switched to Wen and that was ok until Winter came, and then I developed itchiness (milder than with DevaCurl) and flakes. I don't see that either product recommends a clarifying shampoo every month or so, as many boards do. Off to research cleansing conditioners some more. Ugh.