DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

My hair: 3 b/c and very dry. I like this shampoo. Little lather but your hair feels clean. And used w/ rest of line is soft and frizz free.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best shampoo I have ever used. Leaves my fine, curly hair soft, manageable and with clearly defined curls. No product build-up, so gentle and environmentally friendly. Terrific.

I used this for awhile on my curly/wavy hair and had good results as far as no more frizz, but the itching was horrendous. I then switched to Wen and that was ok until Winter came, and then I developed itchiness (milder than with DevaCurl) and flakes. I don't see that either product recommends a clarifying shampoo every month or so, as many boards do. Off to research cleansing conditioners some more. Ugh.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

I have "Botticelli" curls, medium length and super highlighted. My hair tends to go very dry ( par for the course with curls ) and I used to have to wash every day to tame. I spent years hating my curls, straightening them with an iron fist ( lol ) until I finally found a great cut and this poo.

At first its really hard to get used to the no lather, and having to super rinse, but my hair now has the most beautifully defined curls that have people actually stop me to talk about. I follow with the one conditioner, don't rinse that completely out, then scrunch towel dry with a microfiber cloth. The way this does for my unruly hair, I will NEVER switch, who would end a perfect love affair?

Side note, once a month I use the AG silver shampoo to 'shock' and tame down brassiness, though the no poo has never left me overly brassy like other curl shampoos ( cough cough Ouidad cough )

There are great 'how to' vids for this line on youtube to boot :)