DevaCurl No Poo

3.5

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for over 3 years, but somehow forgot to post a review. I've been following the Curly Girl regimen for 3+ years and there's no way it would work without No Poo. This stuff is magical--it leaves my hair absolutely clean and shining, without being stripped and full of frizz. Many times, I can even skip the conditioner. I have rebought this, but not too frequently as I use No Poo once or twice a month. The rest of the time, it's conditioner shampoos.

That being said, my Devacurl-certified hairdresser just talked me into buying the Devacare No Poo, for colored hair. Will post a review when I'm a few weeks into it.

This was nice overall, I like the its gentle cleansing, but since I started following the conditioner-only curly girl method, I haven't felt like I needed a shampoo. So, I'll keep it around if I feel I need an extra cleansing, but certainly not everyday. All in all, I'm not too impressed with DevaCurl, however, I LOOOOOVE the curly girl method and Lorraine Massey has changed the way I think about my hair forever. She's the best!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

My hair: 3 b/c and very dry. I like this shampoo. Little lather but your hair feels clean. And used w/ rest of line is soft and frizz free.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have used it since August/08. My hair is a mixture of coils extremely curly (3c) and afro (4a). I like this cleanser and use it alternatively with Devacare no-poo. This cleanser leaves my hair practically without knots. For me it is a keeper.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to love this line of products...
Hands down, the worst line, for my hair, that I've ever used. I used this shampoo this morning for the first time after much reading, and excitement to try it. I bought a trial kit at Ulta yesterday. The smell of this shampoo, the texture, and the after effects couldn't be any closer to Pond's cold cream than if I had scooped THAT out of the jar instead of squeezing this out of the bottle. Honestly, I would swear it was Pond's. BUT, I pressed on determined to give it a go. I followed with the One Condition conditioner and although the smell was better than the shampoo, and had a bit more 'slip' to it, it did nothing to condition my hair. Once I was ready to step out of the shower, I aaaaaaaaaalmost grabbed my clarifying shampoo to get this crappy film off my hair, but I thought, "No...just finish what you started." So after leaving my hair up in a towel while I applied my make-up, I gently combed through it as I normally do only to find JUST as many tangles as always if not more. I followed with the AnGel gel which was thick, not runny, but once rubbed in my palms, felt more water based than gel based. Then I diffused it dry and followed with the Set It Free spray. The result...my hair is flat, feels incredibly greasy and coated, and STILL TANGLED. I had to wear it up today because I didn't have time to rewash. My scalp is itching and my hair feels disgusting. I have thick, but fine wavy hair....this is clearly in no way a good line for me....my search continues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

INSTANT detangling. Seriously, no other hair product has ever done this. Just a tiny bit of this "shampoo" and some water and all my tangles are unravelled. I've tried *so* many detangling shampoos, conditioners and styling products and none come close to this. Gentle, doesn't dry my hair out, smells good. I love it. Jessicurl makes a similar product "Hair cleansing cream".

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It was hard to believe product called, No Poo. Sounds like something you'd find in the antacid aisle. Thing is, I am a curly and one that needs to wash everyday if I am wearing it curly. So this seemed like it'd fit the bill. It is one of the best detanglers I have ever used. Thats what the 3 lippies are for,the whole No Poo thing? Eh. Oddly enough a product that is supposed to be for curls actually just weighed me down within a few days. More like No-Clean. Heard good things about the One C. Maybe I'll try that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying DevaCare Low Poo with not so good results, I decided to give DevaCurl No Poo a try as it does not contain wax. So far I really like this. Excellent detangling and my hair feels very soft (and clean ;).

EDIT: And, after using this a bit more, my hair hates it. TOO heavy for me.

Oh well. Heard good things and liked the idea. Its fun to use and I like the scent. But it doesn't help detangle in the shower at all and it doesn't leave my hair clean.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best shampoo I have ever used. Leaves my fine, curly hair soft, manageable and with clearly defined curls. No product build-up, so gentle and environmentally friendly. Terrific.