Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush-Pink Voyage 10

No Image

4.8

If only Maybelline would listen to consumers and bring this back!
I am a fan of whipped blushes or any blush that isn't a powder because it looks more natural. This felt great on my skin,wonderful texture and the colors were nicely pigmented. It blended like a dream and lasted about 6 hours,which is pretty good for blushes of this type.
Bring it back!

on 11/13/2007 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have three Dream Mousses: Whipped Strawberries, Soft Plum, and Pink Voyage, and they're excellent for fast makeup routines because they're easy to apply and the texture's to die for. I love the look of the packaging, but the jar itself is heavy and inconvenient for the run.
Pink Voyage is my favorite, Soft Plum second.
(1) Whipped Strawberries was too dolly pink against my pale yellow-toned skin...it made me look like I fell asleep against a pastel portrait.
(2) Soft Plum gave a very sophisticated muted pink-plum look. It was pretty with no noticeable shimmer or sparkle.
(3) Pink Voyage is what I usually wear. It's a soft pink color with borderline peachy tones.
The Dream Mousses are almost impossible to overdo, but with that said, they do not last. During the cooler seasons, I might get a good 3-4 hour run from the blush, but they sweat off like mad during the summer. Once or twice they even settled into my pores (Whipped Strawberries more than others). For this reason alone, I will probably only repurchase Pink Voyage and only if on sale (they normally run for $8 CAD). I like using Pink Voyage as a base for my power blush. They complement well because the mousse applies much lighter, amplifying the intensity of the powder blush, allowing the powder blush to contour.
Note: Do not purchase on Ebay. Ebay Dream Mousses have a tendency to shrink (for a lack of a better description). My friend's was all globular when it arrived (sealed too). While she saved a few dollars, she only got half the product (same color but chalkier application)
[Overall Rating for Pink Voyage 4 | Soft Plum 3.2 | Whipped Strawberries 2]

[Price 3 | Packaging 4 | NO, I will not repurchase unless on sale and is Pink Voyage] continued >>

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have to say that this is the perfect shade for me! I kept hearing about these blushes but found the Soft Plum shade to be too deep and the Whipped Strawberries was too pink for me so I was so happy to swap for this one since I haven't seen it anywhere here in Canada.

I love the little pots as the product stays nice and creamy. I use a CoverFx layering foundation brush to apply (fits in the pot) and apply a nice layer of golden pink to my cheeks. I find it's long-wearing and gives me such a natural glow for my NC25-30 skin. I just don't know why I can't find this here unless it IS a LE item or something but I'll definitely repurchase if I can find it!

im guessing this shade is new. walmart only had two of each (what i presume to be) new colors-pink voyage and a brown shade, that of which i cant remember the name. there was no new display, but im assuming these are spring/summer colors. i wish i had more info, but i dont even see these colors on the maybelline website.
as with all maybelline dream mousse blushes, this is fab-i was at first put off by the mousse consistency, thinking it would break my acne-prone skin out, but they dont-they blend like a dream and wear wonderfully! feels like youre not wearing a thing on your skin.

pink voyage is (on me, with fair skin) a gorgeous peachy-pink with a lovely golden sheen-nothing glittery or shimmery, its just...glowy! very nice. i would put the color along the lines of NARS orgasm and those kinds of dupes. very wearable. continued >>