Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Asphyxia

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this shade because it really makes the light tealish shade of my eyes pop. It's a warm light orchid purple duochrome. It has a gorgeous sheen. It doesn't budge and can be built up or worn lightly.

I love love this pastel purple with blue flecks of shimmer color. It's sheer, but it is buildable, and I can get it to full color in about 3 coats. Kind of annoying compared to the wonderful pigmentation of other UD pencils and if I wasn't head over heels for the color I wouldn't repurchase for $20. I'm giving it 4 lippies because once I get it to the color I want it stays that way. Wears decently on my water line.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love UD eyeliner pencils but not this one. Asphyxia is a gorgeous duochrome purpley, pinky with some red undertones. I used it as an eyeliner aside from it itching my eyes the color did not go on as smoothly and beautifully as my other UD liners always do. I returned this product.

on 2/21/2011 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the new 24/7 Asphyxia pencil that came in the 15th Anniversary eyeliner pencil gift set. I swapped for just this one pencil. I do not have the entire set. The color of this is much like the UD shadow of the same name.....light purple with a pink duochrome. It is sheer to a degree, but is slightly buildable if you let it "dry" between coats. It is a very interesting color and I think it would be cool to pair this with the Asphyxia shadow....or even use the liner as a base!
Also, I must address the concern everyone is having with the odor coming from the pencils. I have just this one, as I said, yet I can smell a fertilizer stink coming from the outside of the pencil (like where the writing is). It also stunk up the little drawer in my Sterilite container that I keep my makeup in. It is not bad, but it is kind of obnoxious because none of my other 24/7 pencils are like this. I had to take a lippie off of the packaging quality for this odor.
Other than the smell, this is a great pencil!

on 11/26/2008 10:36:00 AM

Great product but I wouldn't repurchase b/c it is so $$$$. The color is beautiful & this stuff STAYS PUT but is easy to remove. Awesome stuff!!!

on 3/9/2007 9:50:00 AM

This review is for the regular eyeliner pencil, not the mechanical kind.RIS, I already have Asphyxia e/s and adore it. The pencil...meh, not so much. It's the same shade as the e/s, but I cannot get it to show up on my NW20 eyelids, even with more than one coat and UDPP. I think it might be pretty to put the e/s over, to intensify the effect, but on it's own, I'm not impressed. Would not repurchase. continued >>