Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Styling Cream

Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Styling Cream

3.7

From Garnier's US website: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Potato Starch Madified, Polyquaternium-4, Gydroxyproyl Guar, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Limonene, Heexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Trideceth-12, Amylcinnamal, Peg-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, Peg-70 Mango Glycerides, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citrus Limonium/Lemon Extract.

on 5/2/2017 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm reviewing this because it's something I repurchase over and over without thinking about it, because it's a really good, if somewhat boring, workhorse for me. I have fine, slightly way and frizzy (mostly from greys) shoulder length hair. This is really lightweight and works well either throughout my hair before blow-drying as a general all-purpose "styling product" and also it's great for when I air dry my hair because it gives the tiniest amount of hold, and it also smooths...the hold allows my to scrunch my hair and coax out the wave. Once it dries, I tousle my hair lightly and that removes any slight crunchiness. It's really good. Any time I buy something over and over, that really tells me something. Often when I travel this is the one-and-done styler that I take along because it covers all the bases.

on 7/4/2016 10:32:00 AM

Absolutely stunned that this inexpensive, drugstore product is the ONLY product that actually works to tame frizzies in humidity. I have straight, fine hair, but when it's very humid out, even my hair frizzes and looks awful. I have spent tons of money on all the top brands—various potions and serums—that promise to fix it all. Not a single one ever worked. This amazing product for under $5 fixed my hair! Further, it has a lovely, barely there cucumber scent, which fades away when dry so my hair doesn't smell all day long -- important to me since I hate heavily perfumed products of any kind of my body. Even better ... absolutely no heaviness/weighted-down feeling at all, even on my fine hair. I use with the Sleek and Shine shampoo and conditioner, which my hair also loves.

on 5/27/2016 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This didn't do anything it advertises for me. It states there is instant strong smoothing and frizz control. It did none of those things.

I usually use up products, even when I don't love them. However, I tossed this one after I used half. I was tired of trying to make it work.

I have long, wavy, dry hair, which is fine, but I have alot of it.

Price: $4.29 USD for 5.1oz

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Polyquaternium 4, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Trideceth 12, Amyl Cinnamal, PEG 192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG 70 Mango Glycerides, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citrus Limonium Extract (Lemon)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm shocked at the bad reviews for this product. Few people are more critical about hair products that I am and I absolutely love this stuff. A few years ago I gave up on styling products and threw out every styling product I had, which was a lot. My hair is medium length and fine. The top layer of my hair is straight, but the under layer is quite curly. I live in FL so my hair was usually a frizzy mess. I wanted it to be sleek and swingy but I was reluctant to use any straightening products for fear it would weigh my fine hair down. I decied to give this product a try and I'm thrilled. My hair is soft and swingy but not weighed down or sticky in the least.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Much to my surprise, this works really well. I had never really used Garnier products before (apart from some kind of mousse) but Wal-Mart had this deal where a ton of the Sleek & Shine products came in this zipper bag for $8 so I got it. My hair is naturally straight and fine but I am prone to getting little frizzies along my hairline and also at the very ends. This stops that from happening. It even kept my hair from getting horribly frizzy in the rain. My only complaint is that the fruity smell is a little too much for me. However, it's not a dealbreaker so I will repurchase this.

on 10/16/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty decent product. My hair goes crazy in humid heat and ends up looking nothing like how I styled it in the morning. With this, my hair doesn't get as messed up, but the humidity still gets to it. However, this does make my fried hair look a bit smoother, which I'm thankful for. And since my hair is so fried, it has lost it's weight. So it does add some weight to my hair, which I also like.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This was nothing but a big clumpy mess that left my hair dirty looking and slimy.It went back to the store.I have long thick hair and I only used about the size of a penny.This stuff was so sticky I couldn't even brush my hair.After styling my hair it left it feeling heavy

on 7/6/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very generally a LAZY hairstyler. Oh, I will curl my hair when I have the time (not often) and only make time for very special occasions (date night, family events, ect.), but for the most part I don't have time to blow dry my hair everyday.

I have a TON of long, fine, mostly straight hair that frizzes like you wouldn't believe if left to airdry, which is usually what happens. My friend calls it the "frizzfro". For those of you who read Harry Potter, imagine Hermione Granger hair.

First, apply it to towel-dried hair. Keep it away from the root, concentrating from the middle to the end of the hair length. My scalp gets greasy if I put it near the root. You don't need much product, a bean-sized glob is all you need.

Then you can use Fredderic Fekkai glossing cream near the root (not ON the root for heaven's sake) and at the tips for moisture, and let airdry.

voila, natural, sleek hair with no heat needed. (its better with heat, but can bear without)

please dont put this on dry hair though, it is much to creamy and greasy. use the fekkai glossing cream instead.

on 6/30/2009 9:27:00 AM

This is actually a pretty quality product for a drugstore item. I picked this up and tried it during some of the hottest and most humid days so far this summer. It worked decently (not as good as Nioxin Pure Shine Gel, which is my current fav). But I do like that this product can be used in a few different ways. You can put it on wet or damp hair to prevent frizz while drying. You can use a little on hair before blowdrying or flat ironing. Or you can use it as a finisher on dry hair to tame the frizzies that pop up during the day. It has the classic Garnier smell, which I happen to like. The price is right. This one is worth a try.

on 6/27/2009 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very, very long hair and this cream leaves my hair very soft and makes the waves in my hair pop. It helps control the frizz on the those hot sticky days and thats a plus with someone with very long hair. Love it, love the smell and yes I will buy again.

Popular Styling Products