MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]

on 9/14/2016 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skip. Let's just say I'm not exactly picky when it comes to face powder: I need it to be fine enough to not look cakey and keeps my makeup in place long enough for me to only have to blot every few hours. This powder does not look like most high end brand powder. It's cakey no matter where you apply it. It adds a pretty glow, but it has absolutely no oil absorption power, and oxidizes even when I wear it alone, with no foundation. The Mac girl who sold this to me applied it over my undereye concealer/corrector, and it gave it a nice glow. However, like I said, it did not make the concealer last any longer or prevent creasing. And in the sunlight it looked like I was wearing powder. Skip this and get something from the drugstore, unless you want to dish out a few extra bucks for a nicer brand that gives you the glowy, barely-there powdered look.

on 8/27/2016 4:49:00 AM

My ride or die. Pity it's so pricey here as I tend to go through it relatively quickly. One compact will last me perhaps two months, I use it as a base with just a bit of concealer underneath on spots (I don't have anything major to cover thankfully).

It offers a beautiful, even, slightly glowy complexion. Not dewy by any means, but just a 'lit from within' glow. It's really stunning, and very finely milled. If it ever looks a bit powdery, I just spray some fix+ on top and voila, perfect. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite pressed powder ; it looks and feels very light although it's coverage is high. Since my skin is very oily I don't expect a powder to keep my face matte all day (during the summer), but this one is pretty close. It's very long lasting and face still has a natural finish after applying it

on 10/14/2015 4:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I really like this to set my foundation. It feels light on the skin, but it gives a decent coverage which I like cause many of my powders are translucent so I use this when I need that little extra coverage. The shade is light enough for my NC10-15 skin which is always a plus. I've never ended up with a cake face when I've used this but I wouldn't use this to touch up my makeup during the day cause of the coverage it gives. I find that this lasts a long time cause I've used mine fairly often and have only made a little dent to the pan so I'd say it's good value for the money.

on 6/5/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Undoubtedly one of my favourite products at the moment. Lovely formula that goes on with out caking, has a lovely subtle sheen that gives the face a natural glow, without looking shiny in photographs. The powder has a little coverage to give a flawless finish without being too heavy. i have really dry skin, but this doesn't settle into my dry areas. has a good lasting fish too, i can go all day in work and not top it up and still look matte by the end of the day. i would by this powder over and over and over again.

on 2/18/2015 9:33:00 AM

I love mac products and wanted something more heavy duty to set my liquid foundation and to also take away shine. So I found myself here.

Packaging- I love mac packaging, simple, modern and very slick. This packaging on this product is sturdy and doesn't feel flimsy. Also comes with a mirror!

Formula- The powder is very soft and is easy to find the right shade for you, if you're not sure chat live with a mac makeup artist.

Wear/Look- When I apply this over my foundation it sets it well and keeps the shine at bay on my face, it can look chalky, fake/cakey or too powdery if I apply far to much. I would say that it doesnt stay all day for me, but I don't feel the need to reapply at work, mainly because I don't have time or I can't be bothered. I like to think that when I have finished my makeup in the morning that I have done with makeup for the day. I have noticed a couple of massive downers for me, I have dry skin which I make sure I moisturize every evening before I go to bed. Sometimes with this powder I felt that it made me look flakey, and made my face look very dry and just clung to my dry areas, not good. Also when I started using this my face was getting itchy everyday which never happened before, I thought it was just my skin playing up but I decided to stop using this and boom, my itchiness stopped. So now I think I'll just use it to take away shine.

Price- 23 which I don't think is too bad.

Overall- I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing this, I don't think I will. If nothing else takes away the shine on my nose then maybe I will have to repurchase this. Its a shame because I really loved this when I first purchased it but now I'm not so sure

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Have repurchased this about once a year for the last decade. Works well for lightly setting overly dewy foundations or livening flatter finishes. On good skin (or lazy) days I just moisturize and then use a flat kabuki to buff it into my skin for light coverage and evening out redness.

However, I HATE the packaging they switched to last spring. Aside from the bulky shape and weight, useless mini mirror and weak magnetic closure, the lower sides do not keep flyaway powder contained at all and it actually feels like the texture has become more 'dusty'. Every time I open it up, powder goes everywhere.

Have discovered that Sephora's microsmooth in Porcelain is a decent dupe of my 'old' MSFN so will be purchasing this from here on out. Price is also better, even including shipping (unfortunately my country no longer has Sephora). Coverage is slightly lighter than MSFN, but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

on 12/27/2014 10:31:00 AM

I received this in a swap I did on www.swapidu.com and I'm a big fan of it now. It's so much better than powder! I only use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in porcelain and then this to set it. Never looked more natural than with this new beauty routine. No breakouts, nothing. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/15/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use a little bit of this over-top my mattifying foundation to make it look a little more natural. I cannot recommend using this over any dewy-type foundations if you have combination to oily skin. With my matte foundation, I only use it on the high points of my face. I do this because 1) it's a little light for my skin and the next shade darker is too dark and 2) because it will make you look like a ghost in flash photography if you put it all over your face; it reflects light like crazy. The product lasts forever though and, if you know you'll use it, is worth the higher-end price tag for that fact alone.

on 10/10/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder. I've tried so many different powders over the years but this is by far my favourite. It sets your make up in place without adding a ton of additional coverage which means you don't get that powdery cake face very easily. It lasts forever, and the packaging is great too, lovely and simple with a decent amount of product. I know MAC is on the dearer side of things but it's worth it. I recently finished up one I had for about 18 months which got used nearly every day, so you get your value. Use a fluffy brush to apply not a puff or sponge for the best result.