Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

C8-9 Isoparaffin, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Polysilicone-6, Isododecane, Trihydroxystearin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheral [+/-(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI, Chromium Hydroxide Green/CI 77266, Iron Oxides/CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Ultramarines/CI 77007] 1111

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great application, Glide beautifully on the eyelid. Lasted the whole day (though it smudged a little)

However, it transferred to the top of my eyelid easily even though I left it to dry for some extra minutes. Plus it feels a bit sticky and my hair fringe keeps on sticking on the lid.

on 11/9/2016 6:34:00 PM

This liner goes on beautifully, and is the perfect black (I got the waterproof version). I have hooded eyes and unfortunately, after only 30 minutes it started rubbing off onto my eyelid so I ended up with upper racoon eyes throughout the morning. I kept wiping it off and it kept rubbing off. Maybe that means it would be long wearing if you don't hooded eyes like me. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have what are possibly the oiliest eyelids in the world, on top of that, I also have extremely hooded eyes. Not even primer could help me for some reason. I've tried pencil, I've tried other liquids, and I thought I was pretty much doomed to have to reapply eyeliner every few hours.
Then I found this. For the super cheap drug store price, it's an amazing product. It stays on all day (min 12 hours), and does not budge from my oily, hooded eyelids.. and I don't even need to use primer before I use this!
It's amazing and I can't believe it took me so long to find this.

I tight line my top lids, this stuff gives me the definition I want and does not budge! I've noticed it's very hard to find an eyeliner geared towards tight lining . This is it!

on 10/13/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The only thing I can add to the other reviews is that find it necessary to apply my mascara BEFORE applying this otherwise I can't get the mascara brush through my lashes. It's THAT bullet-proof! Anyone else....?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had an horrible allergic reaction to this product after a few weeks of use. Unfortunately I didn't realize right away why I was waking up with immensely swollen eyelids. The skin around my eyes became very red, itchy, and inflamed. It was very uncomfortable to sleep. I was spending hours icing my eyes every morning before I could even be seen in public.

I have never had this type of aversion to an eyeliner before. After discounting daily use, my eyes stopped swelling. The skin itself, having become torn and dry, is still in the process of healing.

Overall, it was an frustrating product from the beginning. It would smear above your eyelids and underneath your eyes long after it dried. It was extremely difficult to remove. I would use an cotton ball soaked in makeup remover, then proceed to wash my face with willowbark soap & water. I never left it on overnight, although that hardly made it safe for use.

Considering my horrifying experience, it should be pulled from the market and is definitely not worth the cheap pricetag.

on 9/29/2016 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Worst liquid eyeliner that I have tried. I do not have oily eyelids I do however have hooded eyes. Liquids are the best for hooded eyes and or oily lids as they stay the longest/wear the best on me. This transfers to my upper part of my lid and even smudges under my eyes! Every time. Yes I did wait for this to fully dry! I wore this twice and it was awful! I did the mistake of test driving this on a work day and it was embarrassing. I never had a liquid eyeliner this smudgey before. Im happy I did not pay a lot of money; WetNWild is cheap but I am still disappointed as WetNWild has some great products for example their eyeshadows and pretty shades of lipsticks.

Packaging is deceiving, the "H2O Proof", to me that is WetNWild's way of saying "We didnt actually say this is waterproof". I wont buy again and I dont recommend this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Will continue to rebuy as long as they keep cranking out this little DS gem. Deffo my fave DS liquid eyeliner. I can use this to tightline even on the top (not bottom) lid & can put this right below hugging my lower lashline. I **always** keep this in my bag. The applicator could be better but I buy mega wnw liquid liner & swap the caps altho I don't travel w my swapped cap puppies as I'm afraid it could leak (don't want black liquid eyeliner all over inside an $900 handbag.). I cannot be without this liner. It is so water proof. Comes off easily w Magic eraser cloths when I take it off at nite, my eyes are very watery & rheumy & if I fall asleep w this on it will be fairly intact when I wake up (from naps) it's withstood many challenging conditions (overnite/naps, water, exercise; sweating like a mofo, sporting events [horse shows in 95 degree weather!], summer weather, winter weather [when ur eyes tear from the cold], using eye drops & it is still in tact; rain, tears, et al). This is USD$3.99 the bottle lasts a couple of months w daily use (altho I admit MAC liquidlast is my ultimate HG I Iike use ev morn but my liner requires touch ups if ur like me w my watering eyes. #winning #cheapMUdontcare #bestDSliquideyeliner #DSgems

on 9/3/2016 6:03:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty good given the price of it, it was fairly easy to apply and stayed on in the water without smudging. It's very pigmented too. I would use this if I were going swimming or if it was gonna rain that day but for everyday probably not.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this eyeliner for about two years and I recommend it to everyone I know. With the affordable price, the quality of the product, and the amount of time one bottle lasts, I honestly can't see myself stopping using this.

I mean, for five dollars, you get a lot. I wear this all the time and everywhere, and it only really smudges if you fall asleep wearing it (as in falling asleep on a bus or plane or something, please don't wear this to sleep). There's only really one occasion where it came off when I was awake, and if we're being realistic, that was when I wore it to the beach; five-dollar makeup's gotta have its limitations. But some of its notable non-limitations are: that time I wore this swimming (I wasn't doing laps or anything, but I did spend a lot of time dunked under the water), the numerous times I've worn this crying to movies and whatnot, and the time I had an allergic reaction to a roomful of cats and spent thirty minutes rubbing my tearing eyes and my eyeliner was flawless. And when it does come off, it comes off really cleanly; you won't end up looking like a raccoon wearing this. And, as someone who makes a lot of mistakes with eyeliner and lays it on thick pretty often, a bottle lasts about three months minimum. It's a pretty good deal.

Of course, as with most cheap drugstore makeup, it has some issues. It can be annoying to get off (though it usually comes off if you scrub during a shower or use cotton and lotion), and it feels a little crusty when it drys. It's nothing you can't get used to, but it'll feel a little odd the first few times nonetheless. One thing I think changed with the eyeliner itself when they changed the packaging is that it's impossible to apply without a felt-tip (the kind of applicator included with the eyeliner) now. I used to use the brush in normal wet'n'wild liquid eyeliner, but trying that with the new one can become a huge mess pretty quickly. The felt applicator's not impossible, but it's not as smooth as a normal brush. It's pretty precise, though.

tl;dr: This eyeliner is affordable, lasting, and stays on, though it's not without its flaws (including but not limited to being hard to take off, feeling kind of weird, and being a little difficult to apply). Despite those flaws (which I do actually think are pretty easy to overcome), I recommend this product wholeheartedly.