Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

C8-9 Isoparaffin, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Polysilicone-6, Isododecane, Trihydroxystearin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheral [+/-(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI, Chromium Hydroxide Green/CI 77266, Iron Oxides/CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Ultramarines/CI 77007] 1111

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this eyeliner for about two years and I recommend it to everyone I know. With the affordable price, the quality of the product, and the amount of time one bottle lasts, I honestly can't see myself stopping using this.

I mean, for five dollars, you get a lot. I wear this all the time and everywhere, and it only really smudges if you fall asleep wearing it (as in falling asleep on a bus or plane or something, please don't wear this to sleep). There's only really one occasion where it came off when I was awake, and if we're being realistic, that was when I wore it to the beach; five-dollar makeup's gotta have its limitations. But some of its notable non-limitations are: that time I wore this swimming (I wasn't doing laps or anything, but I did spend a lot of time dunked under the water), the numerous times I've worn this crying to movies and whatnot, and the time I had an allergic reaction to a roomful of cats and spent thirty minutes rubbing my tearing eyes and my eyeliner was flawless. And when it does come off, it comes off really cleanly; you won't end up looking like a raccoon wearing this. And, as someone who makes a lot of mistakes with eyeliner and lays it on thick pretty often, a bottle lasts about three months minimum. It's a pretty good deal.

Of course, as with most cheap drugstore makeup, it has some issues. It can be annoying to get off (though it usually comes off if you scrub during a shower or use cotton and lotion), and it feels a little crusty when it drys. It's nothing you can't get used to, but it'll feel a little odd the first few times nonetheless. One thing I think changed with the eyeliner itself when they changed the packaging is that it's impossible to apply without a felt-tip (the kind of applicator included with the eyeliner) now. I used to use the brush in normal wet'n'wild liquid eyeliner, but trying that with the new one can become a huge mess pretty quickly. The felt applicator's not impossible, but it's not as smooth as a normal brush. It's pretty precise, though.

tl;dr: This eyeliner is affordable, lasting, and stays on, though it's not without its flaws (including but not limited to being hard to take off, feeling kind of weird, and being a little difficult to apply). Despite those flaws (which I do actually think are pretty easy to overcome), I recommend this product wholeheartedly.

WORST eyeliner I have ever tried. Used this in place of my usual Revlon Colorstay liner. Five minutes after it finally dried, it was transferring onto my upper lid, not a good look. Even after wiping it down, it kept tranfering. I had already left the house headed to work so I put on some sunglasses, went to the drugstore and bought some makeup remover and my Colorstay liner. I would not recommend this product to those that live in a humid environment. Shame too, because it's easy to apply and has good packaging, but makes my upper lids look like I don't know how to put makeup on.

To Read all 380 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/27/2016 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I cried my eyes out during Finding Dory and somehow my eyeliner was the only thing that remained. I did winged eyeliner that day and it remained intact at the end of the movie. My mascara wasn't so lucky. :P

I deducted one for the applicator though. It's kind of flimsy and hard to get a sharp point.

yes it's waterproof, but sometimes it won't even come off with my makeup remover which sucks because I tend to make a lot of mistakes

on 6/1/2016 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using stila's waterproof liquid felt tip liner for years but was looking for a cheaper alternative. This was just about $3 so I figured I'd give it a try. I was *this* close to returning it but once I figured out how to use it I was very pleased. When I was first playing around with it, the product ended up all over my eyelids. This was because I was applying too much of it and not giving it enough time to dry. This isn't a felt tip applicator; it comes with a small stiff-ish brush. However I was applying it as if it was a felt tip. You just need to wipe off the excess product on the side of the container. Also I make sure to let it completely dry before opening my eyes all the way. A pro is that it's extremely black. It's the darkest inkiest black ever. Just gorgeous. It also doesn't budge, even when you want it to.

on 5/8/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Based on the reviews, I bought this from Target for $3 yesterday. First day was a disaster. I wear my eyeliner wide, high and winged and it left a crease on my upper lid. (I'm Asian with double eyelids) Learned my lesson. Day two is better. I put neutral powder over my lids first, then applied the eyeliner lower. No smear or creasing. It is, however, oily and does not feel dry even after hours of application.

on 4/28/2016 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

oh man. i love this stuff! i have extremely oily eyelids that are hooded, so once the oil starts coming through, eye makeup transfers EVERYWHERE. not with this baby. paired with the photo focus primer (or whatever wet n wild's primer is called), i can go 11 hours before transfer starts to happen, and its so minimal. since its so waterproof its hard to fix that transfer, which is why i dont give it 5 stars. very black, i like the applicator, its cheap & cruelty free...would definitely repurchase. can i call this my HG eyeliner yet?

EDIT:
I have mixed feelings about this. I wore it for a few days before my initial review and it was great. I'm not sure what happened!!! I worry too much to wear it because I find it began smudging everywhere. a bit disappointed. :/

Formula is great. Very waterproof even on oily lids like mine. Applicator is the worst. So clumsy and bulky and I have difficulty being precise with this eyeliner. If they changed the packaging, it would be a 5. What good is a great formula if you can't get the product to apply well?

on 3/23/2016 12:12:00 AM

This is definitely a no-no for me. For those who gave good reviews on it, I guess it could have been a different range or maybe a version that differs from the one I got. It says H2O Proof and comes in a liquid bottle. The black is superb. That's about how good it gets. It hardens on my lids and I feel icky as if I've just got some fake double lid plastic sitting on my skin. It smears and runs all over my lower and upper lids. So it really has no staying power. On the contrary it takes forever to remove. Cleansing oil - doesn't budge. Waterproof eye makeup remover - still stains. I spend more time removing this liner than any makeup on my face. And it retails for over USD6 in my country. Definitely too pricey for something that has all the cons.

This is my first liquid eyeliner so I did not want to spend a lot in case I hated it. This was about $3.50 at my local Walmart. I was very pleased with it especially for the price. It goes on smooth and stayed all night. I actually had a hard time removing it with a makeup remover wipe lol. It did not flake and stayed in place. It was very easy to apply. I made sure to wipe the excess off the tip before I applied. I am now in love with liquid eyeliner.