Maybelline Express Finish - Speedy Hot Tamale

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/16/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a pretty color but not exactly what I'm looking for. It's a dark coral or perhaps more of a red-orange, with a wet and shiney finish (as opposed to shimmery or metallic). However, even though it's really bright and bold, somehow it's see-through at the same time -- even after two coats, you can still faintly see the moon of my nails, and when I had something dark stuck under my nail (ew) that really showed up through the polish! I've never had a color that was this dark be this see-through before, but perhaps that's because I've always worn shimmery/metallic shades instead of smooth shiny polishes like this one. But it's still worth a try if this is the kind of color you're looking for!

I was looking for a nice orangey red color to replace an old favorite of mine that is difficult to find [Paul and Joe in shade #16) and came across this lovely shade in Walgreens. I was hesitant at first as I usually am when any enamel promises to dry in 60 seconds as it usually ends up too matte looking and chipping easily. This did exactly the opposite- two coats dried to a glossy finish and no chips three days in! I'm very pleased.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As the former reviewer mentioned, I went looking for the discontinued "Juicy Tomato", my HG of summer toes...Sadly that shade and formula no longer exist. I saw one last bottle left of Hot Tamale and picked it up as it seemed similiar in shade. The formula goes on smooth with it's own natural shine even before the top coat. This shade is not exactly Juicy Tomato, but close enough. This one is just a bit redder. I am impressed with this formula and I will be picking up a few more.

on 5/10/2008 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Out of all the polishes I've tried this is, by far, the easiest to apply!!! I just love it and for under 4 bucks you just can't lose. I went over to the Maybelline polishes looking for Juicy Tomato but I see it's not available anymore, or at least not in my area. This looked similar so I picked it up. It's so easy to use and with SV looks fabulous. A great summer shade for manis and pedis. I'll have lots of fun with this great orangey, red! *edit* A dead-ringer for OPI's "My Chihuahua Bites". If you want the OPI color and want to save a few bucks buy this Maybelline one instead. I swear, I can't really tell the difference!! This is also more opaque than the OPI so I like it more!!

My favourite new polish! The colour is fabulous, just what I wanted in red. The formula of the polish is great, quite runny compared to others but this makes application an absolute breeze. After doing both hands at least one is completely dry, ready for another coat, so two coats on both hands is done in a flash. The end result is seamless, vibrant, shiny colour! I have never been so impressed by a nail colour formula before until this, and I can't wait to get more colours!

on 6/10/2007 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this orangey-red shade. Looks SO pretty on toes with a shiny topcoat over it. A great summer color.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Though I had no plans to purchase this shade (yup, as a collector, I sometimes plan my polish purchases), I had to buy it. Partly for it's fun name but also for it's gorgeous fiery orange-red color. The formula is an Express Finish (quick-dry) creme and my experience in the past with quick dries, no matter the finish, is that they tend to dry to a more matte version of the shade. But this dried to a nice glossy finish which I amped up and protected with Seche Vite top coat and wow!....I wish I had a hot sunny day, a beach, a cute white sun dress and flip flops because Speedy Hot Tamale is a hot summer pedi shade. Even my husband thought I was trying to hint at a mid-winter vacation when I showed off my toes! Sadly, no upcoming vacation plans, but I have a great pedicure that, thanks to the quick set formula, was done in hardly any time at all.

Popular Polishes