Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment  [DISCONTINUED]
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment  [DISCONTINUED]Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment  [DISCONTINUED]

PH: 3.4 Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG 8, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Trideceth 6, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sclerotium Gum, Laureth 23, Laureth 4, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Green 5, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Fragrance

This is such an amazing BHA product, it was my holy grail for years. Since they discontinued it I see many of you are upset, so I would highly recommend Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength BHA 2% as a replacement! I find this to be extremely comparable in how gentle yet effective the Neutrogena was! Just wanted to mention this to help all those that are still grieving the loss of this... ;)

on 4/5/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff used to be my HG. :( I wish they didn't discontinue. I have *yet* to find another AHA product that doesn't mess up my sensitive AF skin.

I loved how affordable it was, too. Neutrogena should really consider bringing this back.

on 3/28/2017 3:06:00 PM

I was so devastated when they discontinued this product, it was my HG. I actually don't like any of their other acne treatments that I've tried, I find them too harsh. This was gentle and soothing and alcohol free and had no irritating ingredients which is rare to find with acne treatments. The closest thing I've found to this product since they stopped selling it is Avon's Clear skin Blemish Clearing Treatment...which I've reviewed if u wanna check it out. But I really wish they would bring back this product...grrrr

I contacted the company about how this was discontinued and this was the reply:

"Thank you for your contact regarding our NEUTROGENA® Oil-Free Acne Stress Control™ 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. We appreciate you interest in our product.

The discontinuation of our 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treat was a business decision based on competing priorities and consumer acceptance. At this time, we do not have a replacement for this product. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you and assure you that your feedback will be shared with our business team for future consideration.

Should you require further information, we invite you to e-mail us again or call our Consumer Care Center at 1-888-663-8876. We are open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET and we will be happy to assist you."

Anyone who thinks they should replace it, and make finding affordable BHA products that works available again should give them a call.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG!!! I am so sad that this has been discontinued. I'm on the hunt for something to replace it with. This stuff kept my shine under control and has made the most difference in my skin than any other product.

I loved this product. This was my HG. It is too bad I just found out that Neutrogena has discontinued it. I have been struggling the past couple days to find something to replace it. Unfortunately, without this product, I had my first breakout (three zits on my face) in the longest time (over one year or more, possibly). And I feel so lost without it.

I didn't use it religiously, but I do believe it contributed to the health of my skin. I'm not sure when I started using this product, but it has been a couple years at least. If I was feeling hormonal or stressed, I used this product before bed. The BHA in this product makes my skin feel a bit dry, and depending on how oily/dry I felt, I would put on an additional moisturizer. A bottle would last me about six months; maybe more.

The product does dry quickly, but I didn't use too much of it. It did as it advertised. Exfoliated my skin and cleared out the impurities from underneath my skin. Initially, I had some minor breakouts when I first tried out this product. Since then my skin has really cleared up and any acne has become a rarity for me. Admittedly, I am nearing my thirties and so that may have contributed to it, too.

Ingredients: pH: 3.40
Active: Salicylic Acid (2%) ; Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-8, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Trideceth-6, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sclerotium Gum, Laureth 23, Laureth-4, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Green 5, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Parfum

---

About my skin:
NC20. I have fairly decent skin. Normal to dry skin, leaning more so on the dry and sensitive side. Oily in the T-zone during the summer time. Skin can get really dry and flaky in extreme heat or cold climates. The rare occasional hormonal breakout. Fairly rare now. Even during my teens, my breakouts occurred during that TOTM. I use sunscreen daily and am familiar with retinols. I tend to favor sensitive skin products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had bought this product because I have oily skin. I like this product because you can apply it more than once a day and it works fairly well for the price. The good thing about this product is that it doesn't dry out my skin like some products do. It also makes my skin feel clean. I noticed clearer skin in about a week and a half. It works well in conjunction with another product (the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Gel) as well. I feel like this product couldn't really stand alone if you have extremely oily skin. However, if you have mild acne, I do believe this product could stand a chance. When I first starting using this product, I was using it 3 times a day and it seemed to help. Overall, it works pretty good.

I also did another review on the Neutrogen Rapid Clear Spot Gel that was mentioned in this review.

on 5/25/2015 12:40:00 AM

Discontinued?! I got this years ago cuz my usual BHA and AHA Jan marini bioclear lotion is too expensive and troublesome to buy. Thus, I switch to this. It is less potent than Jan Marini one, and depends on how bad/ clogged you skin is, this may work. Forwhitehead/ blackhead/ milia/ white bump, this doesn't help much while jan marini can melt those away in 2 days, if not overnite. But Jan marini one is too potent for me to use it daily, so I will repurchase this if not being discontinued.

on 2/6/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I used this years ago and I couldn't review it because it was listed as discontinued. I used about half of it and during that time, I was breaking out and trying a lot of new things. It could be that this is helpful, but because of everything that was going on, it was hard to tell. It's not sold anymore so it doesn't matter, but I found out after years of agony that it was propylene glycol that breaks me out, and possibly butylene glycol too (the BG is in this product). But it was so hard to find out, so one thing I will say is just be careful of over doing it with all the acne treatments. I had over dried my skin and caused a vicious cycle, but going totally 'natural' didn't help either. Propylene glycol is used so frequently, that it's really in everything, but because it has a low comedogenic rating I didn't think it was that. But it really could be anything that's an irritant to someone. So just be careful and good luck!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's disappointing Neutrogena discontinued this well formulated product. The Neutrogena bha keeps my pimples at bay and has helped with clearing up tiny pimples or redness around my cheeks. I love the gel like texture of it because it is easy to spread. I do not like how dry it can be at times. The price is inexpensive at $10 for two ounces. One tube lasts me many months. I'm on my last bottle of it and hope it lasts for many months. Neutrogena, please make this beautiful bha exfoliant again!

Edit: I would like to mention using this treatment reduced redness and bump on my cheeks.