Maybelline Define A Lash

Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It said it would have lengthening properties, and I liked that, but it was mostly for the sweet packaging. But sadly, the wand is too limp and wiggly,the formula weighs my lashes down, and it does not separate or define anything. ) : Once again, I am savvy marketing's little b*tch Will not buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lengthens nicely but stays terriblly!!! I've found cheaper mascaras that perform better. I like the brush, but I would perfer a curved brush. I'm just not impressed by this product. Easy to remove but some of the worst staying power I have ever seen!!! Doesn't last worth a bean!

To Read all 1040 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have been using this mascara forever! This is my holy grail! I use the waterproof one because I have extremely oily eyelids, I haven't used the non waterproof one, but I just like to stick to waterproof because my eyes tear up when it's windy.
This mascara hold my curls and makes my eyelashes really long and defined. It's a very basic mascara and it tends to kind of give your eyelashes a doll look to it. It is not clumpy at all, so if you want some volume, you can ALWAYS put some more on, you can get crazy with it! the consistency if very light weight and i love it! Also when I'm almost done with it, I use it to comb my eyebrows and it holds it in place ALL DAY and even gives my eyebrows this fullness! and it's really cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My eyes feel dry, itchy, and irritated, and I'm disappointed because this is an otherwise good everyday mascara. Lashes pretty natural looking, a bit longer w/ a bit more volume. Sad I have to try something else b/c of it irritating my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't like this mascara. It didn't add any length to my lashes and when I removed it, using coconut oil as I always do, some of my eyelashes came out. I have a big chunk missing :/

on 4/7/2016 8:38:00 PM

Define a Lash in the green tube is my favorite mascara. The black is a natural looking black. And I really like the style of the brush. The bristles all line up so you can really get between your lashes and separate them. If you spin the applicator a little with your fingers you get separation and no clumps. (If you DO see clumps that means the tube is getting old and drying out.) It comes off with soap, facewash, or makeup remover. Its hard to tind this because Maybelline keeps promoting newer mascaras that just don't work as well.

If you have very thin or very short lashes, this product will not be thick enough to give you a dramatic look.

I dont recommend Waterproof Define a Lash because its VERY different from the Regular Define a Lash. The waterproof kind feels thicker, oilier, and heavier when you apply it and it takes a while to dry. The waterproof kind doesn't look good all day - it starts to come off in grainy clumps after you've been wearing it a while.

This is my HG mascara! I am allergic to a lot of mascaras, as they either itch my eyes and make them all red and irritated, or they make a lot of my lashes just drop out. Blessed I know lol. Anyway, I have been using this for about 6 years and it has really been a great mascara for me all the way around. This mascara does not irritate my eyes or cause any eyelast loss at all. It never clumps and it has a soft, silky texture that never flakes even on the hottest of days. It is a great every day mascara with just one coat or, since it dries quickly, I sometimes put on 2-3 coats for more glamorous evening into night time look. The price is pretty good at $8-10 a tube and it lasts me about 6-8 weeks, depending on if I used it every day or just 4-5 days a week. I use the color Very Black #LN01 and find it to be just the right shade of black for my medium medium light skin tone. I use this in the regular formula. I did try the waterproof version once and it was very hard to take off, so I am not able to recommend it in waterproof. The regular version is very easy to remove with little to no fuss. The packaging is just "ok" but then what does that matter as long as you receive the product in good fresh condition, right? I hope Maybelline NEVER discontinues this product! I love it!!!

on 3/5/2016 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect day-to-day mascara. For me, it's all about the brush, which is the perfect size and shape for precision application. The thinner formula prevents clumping and results in a more natural look, perfect for everyday wear. I have been buying it for years, and live in fear of it being discontinued!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like to describe this as blah. I almost see it more of a lash tint more than mascara, just meant to darken and define them. Well you may say "that's what it's supposed to do", problem is that it doesn't do it with any actual satisfactory result. A very light darkening, defining, and lengthening. It's perfect if your one of those TRUE people that want makeup to look like your actually not wearing any.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ugh. What a waste of $8. This does absolutely nothing for my lashes. I've am pretty blessed to have long lashes that are fairly decent in the volume department but this mascara doesn't do anything! It doesn't add any length at all. You're much better off getting jordana's mascara (black and purple tube) - it's half the price and gives me the longest lashes ever

Edit: I am really starting to like this mascara. It takes a bit of work and time, but with patience I can get dramatically long and separated lashes. I will definitely repurchase