Boots Botanics Semi-Permanent Hair Colour

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I visited boots out let in Saudi Arabia I spoke to the store manager before buying the botanics semi prominent hair color that I have allergic with the previous hair color he said don't worry it's herbal u can buy this product without any hesitation and you will not get any allergy after using it.

When I apply on my hand as a test after 12 hrs I get saviour allrergy ... swelling, itching and burnin skin.

My question is that is there any other hair color which will I will not allergic I m fedup with my gray hair because it came very early and my appearance impact with it.

Need ur help.

ameenkashif@gmail.com
00966590879376

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I used Botanics medium blonde for the first time. Wanted a semi-permanent to cover my 70% greys without damaging my hair. Perhaps able to cover up the previous damage as well….I’m colouring every second week and wash it only once a week, so an aggressive permanent dye is an over the top choice. Unfortunately, most semi-permanents do not cover greys. When using it on my roots only, Botanics did a pretty good job in covering my greys, without changing the rest of the hair too much (previously dyed in a permanent similar shade), which is what I wanted. I found the conditioner a bit too rich, more like a serum. Because of the conditioner, hair took much longer to dry (which may facilitate yeast growing and causing itchy scalp). When dried, it had amazing volume, but felt a bit sticky/gooey. I will use a smaller amount next time, or avoid using it towards the scalp. Considering that most people use dye to cover greys every 2 weeks or so, I would invest in developing a good range of semi-permanent colours with good quality like Botanics, if I were Boots.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought the botanics semi permanent hair dye in shade dark ash brown. My hair is naturally blonde/red (strawberry blonde), and now it is almost black(very very dark brown). I left the hair dye on for around 30/35mins and then rinsed out, applied the conditioner I came with and left that on for around 5-6mins. Rinsed it out again. And now my hair feels VERY soft, looks super shiny, and smells really nice! I think if I did it again though I would do for a shade lighter because the result I got was very dark for me since I have very pale skin. Overall though a very good product!

Hi everyone, today i bought Spiced Conker and Warmed terracotta auburn semi-p botanics hair dye. i have med/dark brown hair, so i'm wondering what color my hair will turn out like??? i cant go too red either becos of skl , but i want a bit of a change.
also, if i use this dye, will my hair ever go back to its natural colour because i love my hair natural!? and does it damage the hair in any way??
which colour do u think will be most natural and less of a change for my first time dying my hair??
what colours does each one turn out like??
also, if i dont like the colour, can i immediately put another semi-p dye on top??
thanks Saria xx sorry for all the questions, but i really need your help!

Well, this makes my hair ultra soft. It is nice to put on, smells nice and doesn't drip at all. Bottle could be a bit better designed but its ok. I didn't notice it but my friends say my hair was really shiny. Turned out darker than the picture. My hair is dark and I used spiced conker medium brown, it didn't lighten my hair at all like the box displayed it would, but gave it great depth and toned down my highlights. I would buy again and its a good price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to change my review.

I had been buying this dye for years now - naturally I'd have dark blonde hair and the Bitter Chocolate takes me to nearly-black.

However I think they changed the formula in Autumn 2011- the leaflet inside changed, certainly, and I started to get an allergic reaction from the dye.

Boots, if you're reading this - change it back, please!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My hair naturally is a dark blonde,that turns a mousey colour in the winter. I wanted to try a golden brown shade without having to worry about roots and damage to my hair. I chose the colour "baked nutmeg",which looked like a light golden brown with a tiny hint of red. It was only 6 euros! I did a sensitivity test and a strand test 48 hours before like the instructions tell you to. The instructions are really easy to follow and helpful. The box comes with 1) An instruction leaflet 2) Conditioning colour 3) Developing lotion 4) A conditioner for afterwards and 5) gloves for applying the dye. I would recommend asking a friend or sister or mother to help you with putting the dye in, to avoid patches or missing the roots at the back. After the dye was applied all over, i massaged it in for about 30 seconds. Then i left it in for 17-20 minutes. After this i combed my hair to get rid of knots and my friend helped to rinse it out. Then i applied the conditioner and left it in for 2 or 3 minutes. I rinsed it out thoroughly and blow dried my hair. I was nervous that it would turn out pink, as that's the colour it rinsed out as in the shower. But it turned out to be a gorgeous light to medium brown with golden highlights. I LOVE IT! My hair has never been as shiny. It feels like i just had a deep conditioning treatment, and it smells lovely as well. I can't comment on how long it lasts as i just put it in today, but i love it so far.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have mousey brown/ dark blonde hair and went for the Dark burgundy brown, did the strand test (where you cut off a sample of your hair and dye that section to find out the developing time). I left it on for 15 mins, and my hair went purple, then another 5... still purple, another 5... still purple and half an hour later (10 more mins than your supposed to leave it on) it was purple. I don't dare use it!! don't buy this shade unless you want purple hair. any suggestions for good semi-permanent hair dyes?

Leaves hair in excellent condition (so soft and glossy!), and absolutely no chemical smell. (Compared to other semi-perm colours - Casting for instance - which don't have ammonia, but still smell nasty.) Colour turns out a bit darker than shown on the box, so I'd go a shade lighter next time. Bottle of enclosed conditioner is pretty big. Conditioner feels a little watery, but works very well so that must not matter. Very inexpensive. As other reviewers say, the bottle for the developer/colour mixture is terrible: hard to squeeze, hard to get all the product out, can be messy if you're not careful. But otherwise, very good quality for great price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Review for Sweet Maple - dark golden blonde

Before colouring I had some highlift tint highlights.

Easy to mix but the bottle is hard to squeeze and made my hand hurt getting the product out. I applied to dry clean hair and developed for 25 minutes. The product doesn't drip or stain the skin and has a very light clean fragrance, no chemical smell at all. It washed out easily and very clean, very minimal mess in the bathtub. The conditioner now comes in a tube with enough for 6 - 7 applications and is light and smells fresh.

The colour result was excellent. Virtually the same as the box but slightly warmer. My hair throws out a lot of red so my result is a little more golden but very pretty and natural looking.

Overall I am really impressed with this product. It smells lovely, covers well, good colour and leaves the hair smooth, shiny and soft. I would rate it as the same as a colour gloss at the salon but at a fraction of the price.

NB: If you have thick hair or hair below the shoulder, you will need 2 packs.