Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Trioleate, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Quaternium 15, May Contain:, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

I bought the Aveeno Skin Relief with the coconut scent. I've found it lathers and has a nice, mild scent and feels like it cleans reasonably well, but I've been using it for about two weeks and have noticed my skin getting more dry and itchy using it. I could probably use this in the summer with no problem, but for a body wash that bills itself as being for sensitive, dry skin, I've been surprised that it really doesn't moisturize that well. It's also on the pricey side for the size. I shower every day and think this bottle will last me for about a month, maybe five weeks. It's not a disaster so I'll finish the bottle, but I will not repurchase. There are less expensive options that do a better job of moisturizing.

This body wash is super gentle. Mine was coconut scented but it was so light! My only complaint is that it was almost too gentle for me. I tried this with a loofah to get a good suds but it never really lathered up. This is good for days when i'm just washing off after a day lazing around the house but I prefer something with more lather after working a long shift or feel extra dirty....

I have eczema and really sensitive skin this doesn't irritate my skin what so ever the smell isn't bad but the price is abit ridiculous for such a small bottle but other then that I really like it first time using it and will buy again

I've repurchased this countless times.
My skin is very sensitive and I've found scented lotions and scented soaps make them itchy and dry and irritated.
This lathers up well, loofah or no loofah.
I feel like it truly gets me clean.
I really like how it's actually fragrance free. A lot of stuff says "non-irritating" or "fragrance free" or "sensitive skin" and it smells like baby powder, which I hate.
This truly has no scent and this definitely works well.

I think this is the only aveeno product I own

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not big on aveeno, (even though I'm totally team jen), but I picked this up after reading all the raves on SCB. it's everything they promised--doesn't strip the skin of moisture (fantastic in the winter, especially,) doesn't break me out, and best of all--unscented. (If I want a scent, I will use a perfume or lotion, ya know?)

My friend claimed to hate this at first due to the lack of scent, then "accidentally" took my bottle. Now she only buys aveeno, but I suggested she try the moisturizing one for the scent...it was love at first wash.

on 9/15/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this! My skin was getting really dry from all the hormonal meds I was on due to IVF. This really keeps my skin calm and no scaly itchy patches! Also doesn't break me out either. The bottle fell and the cap broke off, but I keep it out of the waters stream so not a big deal.

on 9/11/2014 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is has the same base ingredients as the Aveeno Daily Moisturising & Stress Relief Body Wash's (which are both fantastic!!) however it contains coriander, cardomom & myrhh extracts which are apparently irritants for any skin type (according to Paula's Choice, which gave this a POOR product rating, whilst it gave the other two washes BEST ratings) interesting given that this is their body wash aimed at sensitive skins.... even so it doesn't irritate *my* skin and is still better than most body washes out. Honestly though try their others body washes, they're so good.

on 6/12/2014 11:42:00 PM

I really like this body wash. I have sensitive skin and most body washes make me blotchy and clog follicles. This body wash is fragrance free and never causes any adverse side effects. I've been using it for over a year and won't use anything else. It has a traditional soapy smell and lathers well.

on 6/3/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin is sensitive and very dry in the winter and this was nice and moisturizing when my skin was angry about the weather. It is not 100% fragrance free, but it did not irritate my skin. I was surprised that this did not get a high review on Paula's Choice, but I have had no problem with the product and I have been using it for about 6 - 7 months.

I may end up trying the regular Aveeno body wash since that got a good review on Paula's Choice, but I worry about the fragrance in that. (My skin is very sensitive to fragrances).

Anyways, if you have dry, itchy skin and every other soap and body wash makes your skin feel tight, try this. It may give you some relief.

on 6/3/2014 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have had problem skin and was diagnosed with a skin disorder that clogs my hair follicles with oil. It started first on my upper arms and then my legs, but now my face breaks out all of the time. I am allergic to mineral oil and any form of lanolin. I was so excited when I saw the review for this product until I read the ingredient list; sodium lauryl sulfate & propylene glycol both of which are a no-no for my skin. So now I'm back to the drawing board trying to find something that really is natural or organic with no harsh additives. Why do so many companies have to add all of the sulfates & parabens to their products when they know they are harmful to our skin?