no images

price range

Reviews

2.0

9 years ago

I really wanted to love this shampoo. Sadly I think it is drying out my hair. I had to stop using it. I have an oily scalp with normal ends normally but right now they have some chemical damage. The shampoo is really thick but works into a good lather. At first it was making my hair soft but after a few weeks it started to make the ends feel drier than they already feel. Even after I cut a few inches off (damage still not gone) this shampoo did nothing for me. As for the henna part I use henna so I would not have noticed any color change. I don't even think this shampoo could deposit any color. Henna needs to time to process. At most this could only offer the conditioning side of henna.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I am in love with this shampoo! I use henna/indigo on my hair but I am switching to growing out my own color. I love the effects henna has on my hair and was thinking using a henna shampoo will still give that great shine and condition. This shampoo is thick but I have no problems with it lathering. My hair is soft and manageable. I have noticed some faint highlights after just a week. I have to buy this online because no stores have it near me but I get it for a great price so I don't mind. I have an oily scalp, dry damaged ends, medium normal thickness hair.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

I am very picky about Shampoo, I always want something that cleans well but doesn't leave my hair strippy and dry afterwards, I also want added volumn from it. This Henna shampoo does exactly that! When I bought it, I didn't know what to expect. I went for it because of its super nice smell and the product is environmentally friendly. After the first use, I'm hooked! You only need a little for it to lather well, and the shampoo left my hair silky, shinny, AND fluffy, none of the weighing-down problem. I absolutely love it! I took off one lippy, only because I haven't used it long enough to make myself say - YES! This is it! But so far, it's great! :) On the side note, I heard some people say that you are not supposed to use the same shampoo/conditioner for more than 6 months at a time, because your hair would get used to it and would not feel the benefit any more. :)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2.0

12 years ago

Imagine trying to wash your long hair with a thick corn syrup product. That's the consistency of this shampoo and it doesn't lather much at all. It's hard to spread around through the hair. The only good thing I can say about this shampoo is the wonderful shine it (or the matching conditioner) left on my hair, which it why I gave it two lippies instead of one.

About reviewer (458 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I tried this shampoo after trying Jason's Jojoba shampoo which I love (after tweaking it a little because it was too thick by adding, surprise, more jojoba oil in). I like the consistency of the henna shampoo a lot better than Jason's jojoba which was thicker. Both are SLS and SLES and other harsh surfactants free, which i like a lot. I henna my hair monthly so i thought a henna shampoo would be appropriate. I can't tell if it is adding highlights to my already highhlighted with henna hair, but I like the formula a lot. I recommend. I plan on trying other Jason shampoos, but I am careful since I found out a couple of their shampoos has the harsher surfactatnts.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age25-29