The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tocopherol.

on 4/12/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I loved this cleanser, but they changed the ingredients!!

Before, Aloe was second on the ingredient list,
and now it's Last on the list....
Also the other ingredients have changed.
It has a stronger citrus smell now.

When you buy it, you can't read the new ingredient list, because they put a sticker label on top of it.
At home I noticed the new citrus smell, pulled off the sticker and saw the new ingredient list.

Will not buy again.

This is a great product. I love the packaging that dispenses the cleanser in a foam! It is also super gentle and didn't leave my sensitive/ rosacea skin dry or irritated. Highly recommended!

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/19/2016 11:07:00 AM

I haven't used TBS products for years, and I bought this as I was looking for a gentle cleanser and it came recommended. My PC cleanser (resist foaming) was ok but a bit drying.

What I like about this: it is gentle. Does not redden my skin like the PC sometimes did; also for a foaming cleanser it's non-drying (obviously not like a cream but still). It takes off light makeup effectively (I wear foundation powder or tinted moisturiser with spf30 plus normal powder), and it even takes of most of eye makeup without stinging. (I know it's not supposed to be used for that, but I've massaged it on my eyelids and it did a fine job.)

What I like less: the texture is a foam, I wish it was more creamy and substantial. I also go through it rather quickly having to use 3 squirts for a really good clean. On the other hand it's not that expensive. UPDATE: I finished the bottle and am thinking of buying another. It's really good, non-drying, and yet quite effective .

So over all, yes I would buy this again. It's basic but good.

I have been having problems with acne on my left cheek and around my chin and mouth for the last few months and nothing has helped. I ordered proactiv and didn't see any results except my skin drying out and I was still getting painful pimples around my mouth. I have recently changed my diet and have been drinking a few cups of green tea every day. A friend of mine suggested I try a gentle cleanser to help my irritated skin and I decided to use a combination of the Body shops aloe cleanser for daily use and three times a week in the morning use their tea tree face scrub. I have found that my skin has been clearing up really quickly! I can't pin point specifically what changed but my skin seems to love the aloe cleanser, it leave my skin feeling clean, reduces redness, and doesn't leave it dry. I have also started used a mixture of green tea and apple cider vinegar as a toner and the combination leaves my skin so happy and clear! It seems that less was definitely more for me and taking it easy on my skin with this cleanser has really helped. I will be purchasing again for sure especially for the price. I love how body shop always has great deals on their products!

on 4/30/2015 5:34:00 PM

I have oily, sensitive skin. I use this cleanser in the morning and a different one (TBS Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash) at night. Together, these products have cleared and calmed my skin to the point that I'm comfortable leaving home without makeup for the first time in years.

On its own, this cleanser is nice and basic. It doesn't break me out or give me a reaction at all, rinses clean and my skin feels soft and comfortable after cleansing and before moisturizer. I can't speak about its effectiveness in removing makeup since I only use it in the morning. (I love TBS Camomile cleansing butter to remove makeup and soothe skin, in case you're in the market for a nice makeup remover.) It's exactly what I wanted - a basic gentle face wash to remove the sleep grime from my skin and prep it for the day. I will definitely repurchase.

I used it for about 3 months, twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. I have been researching a lot on ingredients used in the skin care industry. What I've learnt is that all you need is a cleanser that does the job - cleaning your face WITHOUT stripping the natural oils. Reading the ingredients list, it looked safe.

What I liked:
I think my skin is less oily because it really is a GENTLE cleanser. It doesn't give a squeaky clean finish which is a good sign. There was no fragrance which is a plus because that can irritate your skin. The packaging is also great as it comes in a pump bottle and the product is dispensed as foam so it really is gentle on your skin.

What I didn't like:
It didn't cause a significant change to my skin. I still had my blemishes. It's just an average cleanser. After subsequent usage, I think it kind of broke me out because it seems that my skin doesn't react well to aloe vera. I've used better cleansers.

I was recommended the Aloe line from The Body Shop after their Vitamin E line trashed my skin. I chose the foaming version of the cleanser because I prefer to cleanse in the shower and a foaming cleanser is more practical for that. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't dry it out and irritate it. It also doesn't really do anything amazing for my skin though. So for that reason I'd rather find a cleanser that can help clear up my skin as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Review for the foam version. I really like this product but it runs out fast. It has alcohol smell but it still works great on my dry skin. No more eczema and dry patches on face. Give it 4 stars because it is slightly expensive. It will be better if the price is cheaper.

on 10/4/2014 5:08:00 PM

I think this is an okay cleanser....but one thing that i dun like about it is da i can't seem to rince it off my face no matter what i do.........it leaves residue and many times when i put toner on my hand and rubs my hands together to apply onto my face, i will see foams on my hands from the residue of this cleanser....but again my face is super sensitive and doesn't tolerate most items i have tried......this one is okay so far until i find something better....

**this foam has been reformulated...aloe went from the second ingredient down to the very last...and all the description about the cleanser being soap/ fragrance/ preservatives free is gone......they also added tons of other ingredients..........after using it for 3 days....my face started to peel with red bumps here and there......with the previous version my face never peels a day through the harsh canadian winter....and this is the only thing that has changed in my skincare routine so i'm 100% sure this is the cause.....will not buy anymore.....BEWARE!!**

After a year of using La roche posay toleriane, i've been struggling to find a facial cleanser with a similar effect, since LRP is not available in the country i live in.. I tried cetaphil but it just didnt work out with my skin.. Then i found this product and it's been a week and im very pleased with the result.. My skin is clean, no break outs, doesnt get dry. One pump is enough . overall i think this product can finally replace LRP and it's less pricey (yay) :) totally recommended..

Popular Face Skincare Products