DHC Q10 Loose Powder in Transparent 01

No Image

4.4

talc, microcrystalline cellulose, dimethicone, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, zinc myristate, isononyl isononanoate, squalane, phenoxyethanol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, methicone, ubiquinone, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, water/eau, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, iron oxides. May contain/peut contenir: mica, titanium dioxide

Nice powder that does its job. I like it, but I cannot say that I love it. I find that this powder is not as finely milled as I would have liked: often I get this powdered look even with a good brush. Good quality for the price, but I am not sure whether I would repurchase.

on 6/12/2009 5:23:00 AM

This is the one that has shimmer in it and I like it. It is really transparent and the shimmer is not that noticeable, just enough to give you a subtle glow. I'm not a big fan of matte look, which covers the natural skin glow and makes people think oh she put powder on her face.For me, a lot of loose powder has this problem. You feel just perfect after foundation, then the powder destroys it, but without setting powder the makeup doesn't last long. But this powder gets me out of the dilemma, sets my foundation yet still looks natural. And the price is reasonable, $17 for 17g product, which lasts me for one year. The container could be a bit too big to carry around, but I usually only use it once in the morning before getting out. It's easy to get the powder by flipping the jar and knocking the powder out onto the lid, of course take out the sponge first.

on 4/2/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had been using the DHC Q10 powder in translucent 00..and really liking it....BUT, then I decided to examine the ingredients and much to my dismay it contains ALUMINUM (as in aluminum starch)! How could I have missed that! Sending it back today. My mother lost her battle with Alzheimers in 2007. I am now on a mission to go completely aluminum free. It is very hard to do...especially where good antiperspirants are concerned.

Here's the complete list of ingredients for anyone interested:
talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, dimethicone, zinc myristate, methicone, silica, isononyl isononanoate, squalane, phenoxyethanol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, ubiquinone, water, butylene glycol, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, microcrystalline cellulose (Transparent 00 and Transparent 01), barium sulfate (Yellow 01 and Pink 01), HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer (Transparent 00 and Transparent 01), boron nitride (Yellow 01 and Pink 01). May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, red 30

on 1/12/2009 1:46:00 AM

Love this powder--it's transparent (although it might show up slightly white on darker complexions.. I'm fairly pale) and helps get rid of any shine or residual oiliness from my moisturizer and sunscreen. Has never become cake-y on me as the day goes by--since it's transparent, this really shouldn't be a problem!! You really only need a little bit, so the container lasts a long time--I've used mine for the last 6-ish months nearly every day and it's still pretty full.

It's in a normal loose powder container so it's not super portable, but I usually only need it once in the morning so it's not a problem. It comes with a puff (I <3 puffs for this kind of thing).

I can't remember the numbers but one is shimmery and the other is matte--I have both and use the matte one much more often. The shimmery one is a bit too shimmery for me (which is also why I haven't gotten the other colors), but then again, I prefer matte for my 'face' makeup so the shimmer may not be too much for other people.

Haven't had a break-out problem with this.

on 3/11/2008 5:20:00 PM

I had to give this 2 lippies for a couple of reasons...First, it did a decent job of making my skin look matte throughout the day, and secondly it's relatively inexpensive. Unfortunately, it makes my face hurt, burn, itch, all things bad. I used it the first time, and thought it might be my new moisturizer, as I'd switched that within a few days of buying this powder. The second day, I used my old cream with this, and still had the discomfort. The next day, back to my new cream and a different powder, and felt fine. Apparently I'm sensitive to something in this powder, which is really too bad. I definitely won't repurchase.

on 3/26/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best powder I have ever used in my entire life. It is light, silky and I have noticed my skin has improved wearing this everyday. I bought the Transparent 00 no shimmer (I'm not a fan of anything shimmer). It adds a beautiful matte finish to my foundation. It also controls oil fairly well. You also don't need alot to do your thing with so it is lasting a very long time. I will definititly repurchase!

on 9/16/2007 10:39:00 PM

UPDATE: I finished the entire jar, but I repurchased Chanel's loose powder instead, and have realized that I much prefer Chanel's finish.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm very pleased with this powder. I most recently used T. Leclerc's and Chanel's loose powders, and DHC can hold its own. You get .59oz for $15, so it's a pretty good deal but not insanely cheap. The color is a tad bit light on my summer skin, but will probably become a perfect match once my tan starts fading. (For reference, I'm about an NC20.) Nothing that a little bit of bronzer won't fix. I love the tiny bit of shimmer in the powder -- it's *very* subtle and makes the powder look more sheer and natural. One caveat is that the sifter isn't solidly attached to the jar, so the first time I turned it upside down to tap some powder into the lid, it all came loose and I ended up with a ton of product on the floor. Other than that, I'm a fan. I'll probably repurchase unless I end up going back to Chanel's.

on 5/18/2007 10:20:00 AM

This is a great powder that goes on light, but controls shine. The shimmer is perfect. No one would guess that the powder has a shimmer element, because it looks so natural. I will definitely continue to buy this powder.

on 10/3/2007 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this superfine powder to set my foundation using a fluffy brush. The subtle shimmer helps even out imperfections and gives my skin a healthy glow after using a full coverage (matte) foundation.

on 1/4/2008 9:05:00 PM

I bought this in Transparent 00 (no shimmer) and to my surprise it is really transparent, despite its light color. Goes on extremely silky and light...even lighter than baby powder. Sets makeup very well. I also dust a little all over my face (using a big brush) in the afternoons to 'freshen' my makeup. This product is definitely a keeper.